Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, May 2, 2014.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

To everyone concerned about the NKD change: I may be wrong, but it looks like it is now a PASSIVE, not active, ability. As in, it procs on every melee attack. This means every NKD champ would effectively be invulnerable to non-Precision melee attacks as long as it has AP, kinda like having Intimidating on all your NKD champs. This would hardly be a nerf, and if this is the case, the -1 AP clause is necessary for melee-heavy BGs to even stand a chance at breaking through.

Idk, again, I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. Becoming almost untouchable from melee range seems incredibly strong from where I'm sitting. We'll have to wait and see.

Kampel likes this.
  2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I think it depends on the champ with NKD, I mean, if he or she is a Kas Master...that means he basically gets Intimidating. "Opp attempts to attack"
    "Slam! moves back 2 spaces"
    "Opp moves towards Kas Master and attempts to attack again"
    "Slam!!!!"

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Kas master doesn't have nkd only block 2

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Uhh... You realize that most voils already have Vuln: Sonic, right?

DarkJello likes this.
  5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Are you new here? I am serious. Think about what you just asked. Use your own experiences. It is NEVER too late in virtual world!

Poxnorians:

Number of VERY detailed suggestions is tedious. Inundating DoGz with goop aint no good.

[​IMG]

Type out all of your suggestions, ponder, meditate, and then share just 1 concise idea per day in this type of thread.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I like this preview the best sofar. Any chance we can get a rough estimate on how 'done' the revamp is? 20% 50% etc? Do we have to wait weeks still or months?

The voil change is only a slight nerf...Sonic is not a common damage type...there is only 2 currently played runes in KF that do sonic damage(dugon and bard). But the vuln offsets the price of flight/evasive, which is fine.

I don't see a problem with a rune having evasive and elusive....Precision CAN hit it, but it is still taking less damage.

I think most NKD runes are low damage, so it probably wants to be tweaked a bit. I like not having every ST rune having dodge/block 2 stacked with blizzard cloak etc...

DarkJello likes this.
  7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Another thing I want to bring up to attention:
    You are not mentioning faction bonuses and faction wide stuff, and I think that if you don't address these things now, it will be too difficult later.
    The issues I mean are
    KF: power disparity between FF and split bonus severely discourages splitting with kf (prenerf)
    FS: deemed as too powerful
    SP: same as FS
    IS: font bonus being too strong, balanced by faction bonus but abusable in splits
    ST: ready on arctic, bonus may be too strong on certain units (some st champions have above average HP levels before bonus)
    FW: bonus only benefits some themes. boon of the undead unfair matchups
    UD, SL: don't remember a faction wide problem in these factions.

8. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

No KF champs in preview so far >.<

9. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

The NKD will be the death of those units+ its poor design and make no sense+ its not more simple.
    Well in my mind 2 kind of nerfs:

-Stay with the same NKD (block, dodge) but you can only trigger 1 of them. Same CD for block and dodge. (like the relocate ability).

-NKD1 - first attack against this unit misses (cant target none). NKD2- first attack against this unit misses (cant target none)+can counter attack only within his range.

ProR2D2 and Sokolov like this.
  10. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

+1

11. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@MageAstral: That is even more confusing/wonky.

How in the heck are you peeps evaluating the changes, when we have less than 1% of the data???

We need all the data, and then AT LEAST 1 month BEFORE a decent opinion can be shared.

Zenity and SPiEkY like this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

This. x1000.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Direction in general is good. I dig the ZA change. In general, the argument against "all Race X has their racial" is something players may remember me making when I was on the team.

NKD in particular though is a concern. I love the concept, but the 1 AP has the potential to make it a negative ability. In general, anything that lets the enemy control the reaction is going to be problematic (which is why Block and Dodge allows specific targeting in the first place). Where AP is concerned, this will make it potentially very difficult for the NKD champs to actually save AP. And then there are other things like the ability for players to reflect damage or heal off NKD champs by forcing them to attack.

MageAstral's idea of making it Block AND Dodge, but one ability, is probably the simplest. You would not have to add either Block nor Dodge, and you'd have one activated ability that can stop any attack. The second rank is not really necessary, and some NKD champs can simply have some kind of Counterattack/Riposte ability as part of their kit if it makes sense.

ProR2D2, Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  14. Sokolov

How so? It's basically exactly the same as Dodge, except it also works on melee too.

So..

Block: Melee only for 1 attack,
    Dodge: Ranged only for 1 attack

And then we have:

NKD: Ranged or Melee for 1 attack

And everything else about it works exactly the same as the other 2.

15. KingJad

NKD1 is basically oblivion shield

16. Sokolov

Except that one is passive, whereas this is active. There's also a difference between prevented damage and missing.

17. KingJad

yea nohkan do is less effective in that matter

18. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Undead can become drunk?
    [​IMG]

19. KingJad

undead will also gain Immunity: Drunk because why not

20. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

As I see it all these previews of the revamp are here so we could discuss and give our opinions about it before it is made.

-I gave 2 options/ideas here that looks more simple to me and to the NKD mechanic. Confusing is to take ap, "will I pass his block or not?", X% dmg in return which brings more calculations.