Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i don't think sansa and arya *were* working together at any point on-screen until the scene in the hall. i think it was a given that they would end up killing baelish, though i expected it to be a bit more dramatic than him realizing how badly he ****ed up and begging for his life

iPox likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

there is no problem, it's just that she had to be aware of the other Aegon and even if she knew they had died giving it the same name would be kind of weird.

like ... "he had a child with another woman and now he and the other woman and the child is dead? I WILL NAME MY SON THE SAME NAME TO REPLACE THE OTHER SON! MUHAHAHAHAH"

seems out of character.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Just saw a theory about why Tyrion was being weird on the boat.
    remember when he told Jon Snow he should have lied in order to obtain the cease fire?
    he gave Cersei the same advice in order to temporrily stop the fighting and get Dany and Jon focussed on the North.

that is why Jaimie is the dumbest lannister, because Tyrion and Cersei are both already in on the lie.

iPox likes this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No, they actually were. The phrase "Are you sure you want to do this?" from Arya gives it away. Notice how Arya didn't look surprised at all when Sansa turned to Baelish. The show managed to fool you there, bud.

Look what I found, from the book:, when Danny goes to the House of the Undying she has this vision: a room where a silver-haired man (presumably Rhaegar Targaryen) names his son Aegon, says the child is "the prince that was promised", then plays a harp.
    So yeah, maybe Rhaegar just liked the name a lot and had to name all his first borns with that name.

Well, I have my own theory, hear me out on this boys:
    1) Tyrion goes to Cersei to try and convince her to help them, but obviously she didn't accept just to protect her child. She's Twyin's kid, after all. So, I'm pretty sure she demanded somehing from Tyrion in exchange. I don't think they are both in on the lie, I think she demanded something, Tyrion accepted it and then she lied to everybody about her plans, including Tyrion;

2) Cersei does try to move Tyrion in regards to her dead children. It's obvious that Tyrion loved them, and it's obvious that he feels he had a big role on their deaths. Hence, him trying to protect his supposely new nephew is believable. So, she kinda hit his soft spot with that child talk;

3) Now, onto the theory part: Tyrion doesn't want the Lannisters dead, he might have wanted to kill Cersei before but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore. So, his agreement obviously includes something that can guarantee Cersei and her child will be safe. Now, I do think he didnt have a change of heart with Danny, in the sense that he wants her to rule. So here is the dilemma: making sure Cersei is safe while bringing Dany to power. And what would be the best way to do it? The answer, ladies and gents, is marriage. But whose? Cersei's child and Dany's child? Not really, because for all we know Dany can't have one anymore. That would leave a possible marriage for........................ Tyrion and Dany. Think about it, that's the only way to make Cersei safe, and Tyrion even says that he is the one holding Dany back.
    So maybe his face when he sees them both going in is: "Oh Bane Shift, how do I remove Jon, who Danny loves and is my friend, from the equation"? Thats what I think crossed his mind.
    Oh, and for those non book readers, when Dany goes to the House of the Undying, she has this prophecy spoken to her:

"Three fires must you light... one for life and one for death and one to love... three mounts must you ride... one to bed and one to dread and one to love... three treasons will you know... once for blood and once for gold and once for love..."
    The three fires and three mounts part is easy enough and all happened already. Also, two treasons: the witch who killed Drogo and Jorah. That would leave the last treason, "for love".
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. This is my bet: Tyrion.

Geressen likes this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It could very well be Dany and Cersei's children, Jon asked Dany who told her she could never bear children and pointed out that it may have been said to hurt Dany.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

not necessarily: i said that i didn't think they'd been plotting together on-screen. since they had sansa say the last piece of advice baelish had given her when she was prepping to have his throat slit (spoiler), it's not unreasonable to think that it was in between the last time she had talked with baelish and the point he dies that she+arya(+bran sort of) pieced it together.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you forget Xaro Xhoan Daxos

its weird to talk about show and book because they have diverged on a lot of points so we cannot be sure all the book stuff applies to the show.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so they know jon is a targarian. they know how to kill white walkers. what use is sam tarly now? hes dead meat.

gandry is kind of likeable but has no real function. hes fodder.

only 1 dragon had any sort of personality. the other two were clearly included so they could be killed off. expecting another dragon death.

sansa was born to suffer. shes having it a bit too easy lately. expecting her to get turned.

messandie needs to have a crying scene. grey worm dead.

red witch needs to die.

varys needs to die.

danny is in the way. (the whole 'breaking the wheel' theme has been mentioned too many times. I don't think this story ends with anyone sitting on a throne). perhaps she flies off with the last dragon into the sunset or something. if not... dead.

lord of light seems like a real ****. expect him to call back jon snow-sand-targarian and the flaming sword dude. dead x2.

theon needs to kill uncle.

Jamie needs to kill cerise.

hound needs to kill frankenstien. probably both die in a fire.

Tyrion is the character everyone likes the most. hes so dead.

seems like there is plenty of room for character death. the whole undead army thing is just a new backdrop.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

there's a fair number of characters to die yet, sure. that's been true all along, the difference now being that with each character that dies there's an actual chance that a plot line is resolved. in the earlier parts, each death tended to just create the next ones however far down the line

Geressen likes this.
  10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I largely agree with @iPox

The greatness of the show/books has always been that it has been more than just a generic fantasy series about dragons. It's been about intrigue, psychology, uncertain morality, shattering expectations, and moving beyond the stale and predictable storytelling that seems to entirely dominate on screen.

I'm not sure that this series could claim much of that, and that's why I think it's disappointing. I don't really get impressed much by CGI dragons, that's not why I watch the show.

Though the series has had it's moments- Arya killing the frays was really nice and visceral, with a nice parallel to the red wedding. And I actually found the last episode much better than the silliness of the previous one, and liked that a mayor character was unexpectedly killed - it's just a shame that it was little finger who had such potential to be involved in some major betrayal/turnaround later on (though who knows, with people rising from the dead lets not count him out, though maybe I'm expecting too much of these writers).

I also liked the idea that Arya and Sansa were playing him (and us), though while the reveal was nicely done (for me) unfortunately the acting and directing wasn't good enough to create the build up for that reveal.

iPox and Geressen like this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Gandry
    Cerise
    Frays

I like this thread.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

we should take a moment to remember the one true king of westeros.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Now that GoT is done for a while you need to watch all the Game of Zones videos.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yes because as a european I am the target audience for seeing a parody involving athletes I do not know in a game I do not care about.

it's basketball right? I think I know a lithuanian, basketball is their thing.

15. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Stannis the Mannis is the only true king!

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well we can at least agree Ramsay is a graceous if a bit bicurious lad

17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

This better be good.

18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- He might not directly side with her...but it is becoming increasingly clear they don't like to put all their effort against other Lannisters. Cersei won't kill tyrion or Jaime, and Tyrion I think int'd basically on purpose his first couple war maneuvers against the lannisters.

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'm starting to believe that jaime is gonna meet with a cliffhanger in the north, and they'll continue to show him on the way back south, he'll finally meet with cersei, and then BAM ARYA TO THE THROAT

Geressen likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is a good theory.