Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gedden, May 2, 2014.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@Sok and MageAstral:

Write up the ability exactly as it would appear, and then I can judge much better. Savvy?

Right now we have the following:

"-Stay with the same NKD (block, dodge) but you can only trigger 1 of them. Same CD for block and dodge. (like the relocate ability).

-NKD1 - first attack against this unit misses (cant target none). NKD2- first attack against this unit misses (cant target none)+can counter attack only within his range."

Also, I stand by my core statement. Peeps bemoaning too much nerfing with < 1% of the data is beyond silly.

2. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

Echo flight could also Grant "Immunity blind"

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

immunities are used for damage types but I get the idea why would a blind bat be able to be blinded

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

NKD - Next time target champion within 7 spaces makes an attack against this unit, that attack automatically misses. This effect is hidden until triggered. This effect does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed or Stunned. (You may target this unit to affect the attack from any champion.)

So basically Block without the melee clause, or Dodge without the ranged clause. Simple?

~

I am not entirely sure what you are talking about with your "<1 % of the data" statements... what data are you referring to, exactly?

MageAstral likes this.
  5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@Sok:

Yes, that is much clearer/cleaner. I agree that is a viable option.

A handful of peeps have complained that "x" or "y" or "z" will be too weak after the revamp. "Oh really?", says I.

Revamp:

verb (used with object)
    to renovate, redo, or revise: We've decided to revamp the entire show.
    noun
    an act or instance of restructuring, reordering, or revising something; overhaul: a revamp of thenation's foreign policy.

My brain seems to think we need to see the finished product, put it thru the paces for 1-2 months, and then discuss balance. And then continue to adjust, tweak, nibble around the edges, toss out the kitchen sink, and so on and so forth... until the cows come home.

[​IMG]

6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

will the revamp come with the removal of the term "kitchen sink"

DarkJello likes this.
  7. seth1877

seth1877 New Member

Just the right direction guys, if i can say something i prefer Sok version of NKD, more simple, my dream is no more % of dmg on pox: in my opinion also resistence, vulne and SL faction bonus must be fix number

DarkJello and Boozha like this.
  8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I would love for Nocando to be this.

9. NFix

NFix Member

so kas / ferrens becomes useless.. thanks for the nohkan do revamp.

10. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

There is no option to travel by echolocation. Bats using sonar to scan the world around them, not to fly.

11. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

i like this alott, i really like the new drunk theme for dwarfs. And the possibilety of more brews in the future. i hope brewmaster will be updated to hand out all of them

12. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

I'm just going to take this as a promise to buff the draksar lord.

Also thanks for reinforcing the fact that dorfs are dirty good fer nuthing drunkards.

All in all I think you guys are doing a great job!

13. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Expansion name where the rune comes from and number of cards authorized in deck : good thing.
    NKD...bleh. I didn't read everything but if a rune I used because it had block and/or dodge won't have it anymore but a new system then I won't play it anymore...

14. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

You can start by making it cheaper! Why should I spend $30 on a box when I can get 10 high quality games on Steam for the same price?

15. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I always just felt nkd2 was just deflect for non-mystical thingies...

16. mampoa

mampoa New Member

"Nohkan Do (Revamp Rules)
    When an opposing champion attempts a close-combat attack against this unit, this unit makes preemptive-attack at 20% damage for 1 AP. If successful, the opponents attack automatically misses."

This is unclear; there are certain things that require the attack to be successful to trigger, and others that require damage. This kind of thing can be especially confusing when LoL damage is involved because it is not damage but it is an attack.

Your description afterwards describing pokes and tough/high def champs avoiding this makes it sound like you mean damage.

Whichever it is, I'm unconcerned, but I am concerned that it and other descriptions need to be clear and say "if successfully attacked/damaged", and/or only one of these pre-requisites needs be the trigger as standard for such abilities after the revamp and then the description can stay like it is.

17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Pretty sure it's just a working thing.

They mean champions with low defenses won't be able to hit them.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You know a box is only $20 now, right?

DarkJello likes this.
  19. NFix

NFix Member

And for this 20$ u can buy 4x leg what worth 200-220k pb. so totally 800k minimal.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

What the hell are you talking about?