Add ethereal pool to ban list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ulfheobar, May 27, 2017.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

What should have been banned to help PS4 players is Spell Trap because without a combat log or chat the game would just have ended on them and they would have no way of finding out why.

With eth pool they could actually see the thing (if they looked) and see the debuff their champs got, so whatever. Losing to weird crap is part of these games.

However, there weren't ever really going to be ps4 players so it's no big deal.

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

1. i'm on of those sayin splits should only give half bonus. but they are needed.
    2.st/sp is not cheese, its a solid meta bg with a couple tricks
    3.bg working in different ways than usual are a signal of healthy game. sure must be checked, but the ones in pox are far from unbeatable.
    4. the biggest problem is lack of players.ethereal pool, leviathan seasong bgs aren't that easy to play and win. if 1500+players were just matched with 1500+players, this bgs wouldnt be a problem because as an experienced player you should be able to face them.
    5. somebody would like to play only ff only on fw small map. i would like to play circus on random maps with a lot of terrains. just different pov.
    6.it happened to me too to play vs dominate bg on double cliff map, or snowballs vs frost immunity champs. Bane Shift happens. surrender and make another match. or try toplay and learn to adapt to difficult situations.

3. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i know but that is only temporary until the rune is reworked. after rework it very well may be nerfed beyong comprehension and not function as it did before... thus not work to get you a fast solo pve win.

the same may happen to timeslip.

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i understand your feeling but fast pve shouldn't be a priority for devs

5. Excalibur95

it isnt i actually think they arre against the idea.

but the players want it, of the experienced players most have made a farming deck with one or other rune.

i can tell you do not pve much but bear in mind others do and see it as the best way to get gold.

players who just play ranked probably will not understand.

no one wants a 30+minute pve game every time, oh the grind!

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you can end a normal pve with a normal bg in 10_15min. btw i'm too against removing timeslip and ethpool but also from rankeds.

7. Excalibur95

perhaps so, its still a grind. that is only normal not legendary and my games with decks i use in ranked last longer than 10-15, i guess id have to specialize my deck, but id rather just use my farming deck.

the rewards for completing a pve in 2-3 mins using a timeslip/garu or ethereal pool bg went from 200gold(at time of the ps release) down to around 13gold in the patch before last, i havent checked after the most recent patch. i dont see a problem with generous amounts of gold (200g) rewarded (for trials of the protectorate on normal and the wrath one) seeing as the devs have set a daily gold cap / max you can earn anyway.

id rather the community that obviously doesnt farm gold in pve, do not play into the devs hands and ask for all farming decks to be made useless.

the devs used to change the campaigns to make them harder for people to farm over the years, including euans last stand (on legendary). they changed map and champion layouts etc, even the font/shrine positions one time. the decks posted to win those 4 parts ended up being mostly useless in the end, the xulos deploy and damage and that fw spell that allowed you to bring them right back in same turn (necroweave)- something was nerfed. its a real war on gold farmers.

new players and those not good at pvp (it can take years to get any good and win consistently in pvp, i know i cant) benefit from playing pve to get gold. rememeber you get almost no gold for losing a pvp, even a long one, so whats the point unless you can win most of the time. players want to build up their rune collections too.

even ranked rewards are not great for winning.

8. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

man, the two mins gold reward almost the last problem of this game after the colour or the poxnora icon

9. Excalibur95

spin that around...

the 15-30 minute grind per pve game will be a real problem if those runes are reworked. it will cause players to quit because the game will be too grindy.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i really don't think so ;) the game is already one of the most f2p out there.

11. Excalibur95

if you say so, you are of course entitles to your opinion.

its also worse when players have just about always had something (timeslip + ethereal pool) or had something since they started (ps release 200g rewards), then to have it taken away.

newer players who never had this will not know to miss these things... but they will meet the grind.

anyway ive said about all i can on this subject, this should be my last post on it.

MaruXV likes this.
  12. hallows99

hallows99 The King of Potatoes

I must be missing something. How does this make for 2-3 minute game? Timeslip grants skirmisher.

13. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

You are indeed missing something. Deploy Obelisks, scry > end turn > Deploy Garu > Time Slip Garu > end turn > next turn move next to enemy shrine or as close as possible, use Horrific Mutation if you need flight. > end turn > next turn shrine dead with the help of Quickens, or at the latest the turn after. This all at a normal pace doesn't take more than 5 minutes, if you do fast farmin 2-3 minutes is very much doable

Excalibur95 likes this.
  14. Excalibur95

kinda this.

15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

You can still garu rush a shrine and 3 shot it within 5 or less mins.

16. Excalibur95

not on the large maps. i doubt you can do it on the small-medium ones either, you always get blocked off by enemy champions that spawn way more than yours, engaged and your movement is never enough to make any progresss. have you even tried it? its not like you are stealthed. also more champs out = longer turns waiting for the ai.

17. hallows99

hallows99 The King of Potatoes

Gotcha. Makes sense. Dumb question #2. :) Why/which Garu?

fogandsteel likes this.
  18. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Can you not simply run Protection (x2 if needed) on a hard-hitter after you rushed him to the shrine with timeslip (or by any other means)? AI will continually attack you and automatically will heal you if your unit gets damaged with different types of damage. (AI does not recognize that you have an eater of a certain type of damage.)

19. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

I didn't read so maybe this has already been said but could we make shrines semi-transparent or something?

fogandsteel likes this.
  20. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Solitary Garu, because he gains extra spd and dmg the more fonts your enemy controls, which makes it easier to double hit the shrine every turn with a Quicken slapped on each hit as he will almost always be 8spd/14dmg without any further buffs. Horrific Mutation gives him another point of spd and dmg, you can also choose to use Tidemaster's Bandoleer equipment to maximize damage, also possible to use UD split bonus for additonal 2 dmg. He's also a cheap deploy at 70 nora after upgrades.

He used to be much more powerful many years ago, but he still works to this day.