Bloodbinder Count Rework:

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

NOW:
    • [​IMG]
    PROBLEM: Offers little to no benefit to deploying when you have enough nora to deploy a better version of him for the time being for the situation at hand.Overall Lackluster for a legendary.
    • DMG: 12
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 1-3
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 51
    • Race: Undead, Vampyre
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: 77
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Electricity This unit makes a Electricity attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Blood Spear This champion makes a Loss of Life attack at RNG 2-5. If the target is Bloodied or has less than 50% HP remaining , this champion vampiric heals for 8.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (7) [​IMG] Blood Magic Enemy champions within 3 spaces lose 8 HP and are Bloodied for 8 turns. If an affected champion is already Bloodied, this champion vampiric heals 8 HP.
        • (10) [​IMG] Combat Awareness 2 Damage from spells and abilities that do not target this champion is prevented. This does not include terrain effects, conditions, or equipment on this champion.
        • (7) [​IMG] Commander Friendly champions within 5 spaces that share a race or class with this champion have +2 DMG. This does not stack with other Commanders.
      • 2 :
        • (8) [​IMG] Lifedrinker When this unit destroys an opposing champion, it vampiric heals HP equal to half the destroyed champion's max HP.
        • (6) [​IMG] Bleed When this unit damages a champion with a basic attack, the target is Bloodied for 6 turns and a blood ball is created in an adjacent space. Demons and Vampyres that capture the blood ball vampiric heal an amount equal to 50% of the damage that caused the blood orb. Other champions that capture it take that same amount in disease damage. Only one blood ball per enemy can be active at a time.
        • (4) [​IMG] Blood Bind This unit loses 5 HP and all opposing units within 4 spaces on a dead magic zone lose 5 HP and are Paralyzed until the end of the next turn. This unit vampiric heals 5 HP for each effected champion. This ability enters play on cooldown.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW:
    Fix: Now Damage scales with healing from vampiric healing themes.
    • DMG: 0
    • SPD: 4
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 60
    • Race: Undead, Vampyre
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: 74-82
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Heal Charged 1: When any unit is healed, this unit gains 1 charges.
      • [​IMG] Blood Fueled This champion loses 8 HP and gains 8 AP. This champion does not gain AP at the beginning of turn. This ability starts on cooldown
      • [​IMG] Omni-Presence Friendly Spells may not be cast while this ability is in play.(Prevents heal abuse.)
      • [​IMG] Blood Magic Enemy champions within 3 spaces lose 8 HP and are Bloodied for 8 turns. If an affected champion is already Bloodied, this champion vampiric heals 8 HP.
      • [​IMG] Drain 2 Target friendly champion you own loses 12 HP. This unit vampiric heals 12 HP.
      Upgrades 1:
        • [​IMG] Boundless Vitality When this champion has 20 or more charges, whenever it activates a base ability, the cooldown on that ability is set to 0.
        • [​IMG] Soul Trapper This unit has +1 DMG for each charge it has
    • Upgrades 2:
        • [​IMG] Corruption This unit loses 5 HP. For 1 turn, this unit loses its basic attacks and gains Attack: Loss of Life.
        • [​IMG] Blood Bind This unit loses 5 HP and all opposing units within 4 spaces on a dead magic zone lose 5 HP and are Paralyzed until the end of the next turn. This unit vampiric heals 5 HP for each effected champion. This ability enters play on cooldown.

Check out his counter-part here :
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/elder-bloodbinder-rework.28536/

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just go to Suggestions and come up with new runes, man. These rebuilds are utterly different.

3. Redderrick

Dude we dont need more runes when we have runes of higher rarety being outclassed and out-valued by cheaper less rare units.We need to offer new roles to existing champions that are already outclassed to increase diversity in the meta

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

please do no touch bloodbinder count as he's one of the few vampyres that don't suck!
    if i have a complaint its that combat awareness 2 should just be removed off him for something better or put on base and that his signature blood bind shouldn't be an upgrade but one of his base skills.
    but other than those two complaints its a perfectly balanced rune.

5. Redderrick

Dude thats cool but his role is so boring for a legendary and can easily be replaced by another vampire. Have an open mind of the bgs this rework would make possible.

6. free20play

boring?
    isn't bloodbinder count pretty unique for a vampyre?
    i can't think of any other vamp that provides the same experience as him?
    i will admit though maybe he's another one of those examples of a good champ with the right upgrades and skills in the wrong places. ( a problem we seem to have often in pox )

7. free20play

look maybe he could use abit of touch and love!
    but with your ideas you might as well have made a new champ!

8. Redderrick

Hes just a sub range dps... he cant be used to combat direct counters like block, dodge, or ect... Id rather have another utility spell or equipt in my deck rather than a dead card because I could just deploy a better version of him for the time being for the situation at hand.

9. Streea

Streea The King of Potatoes

Just give him DMZ back as a base ability so he can proc his own unique CC. He'll be fine then. Still an outstanding champion other.. For beat stick, in a theme full of them.

10. Redderrick

11. Streea

Streea The King of Potatoes

I looked over it. Have both at 0 damage without Strength of Body (which might I add is horrible on any non ranged champion anyway), revokes their actual purpose. Bloodbinder Counts simply need their Bloodbind ability reworked. Either give the champion his own DMZ once more (so you're not paying 100+ nora to use his paralyze no matter how useful it is.) or work it so Bloodbind effects champions with the Bleed effect applied to them. This isn't really the direction I'd like to see Vampyre's go, since realistically. I'm the only one that plays FF FW Vampyres. Might be one or two more out there, but they don't speak up. What Vampyre's needs more is scaling damage to compete. Elder Vampyre is a joke (damage sponge/focus target to reduce effectiveness) , and Zeal: Damage on two champions (Bloodtracker) and Golden Lymisa (or however it is spelt) is the only scaling damage of which Vampyre decks present. There are other ways to include scaling potential for them, however, these reworks you've done. Aren't ideal.

Kalasle, no. Just no dude. You guys keep pushing older runes back and back to the point they're not used anymore. There's over three thousand runes in Poxnora. Over a thousand of these, are not used at all because there is already newer and better runes for the nora ratio. We don't need to feed that increasing rune pool. Fix the issues with the older runes so they're at least considered for game play on a competitive level.

12. Redderrick

They have 0 damage because the bulk of their kit is centered around cycling blood magic and bloodbind while buffing count in the process.

13. Redderrick

~Bump:
    Made some new edits