Can someone explain to me how the hell targetting works now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadguy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Every single game, I get my selection stuck and have to go click the runedock or click again on the selected unit so the game lets me switch to something. I have units running off to their AP's limit at random and unresponsive selections. Is there a step by step method to avoiding this horseshit cowpat?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Units running in random directions happens to me pretty often, not much you can do other than play super super slow one space at a time. I also noticed they removed the A for attack option ? I now have to use 1 or use my mouse, it's the little things that irritate me.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Don't play.

MrBadguy likes this.
  4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Wait for your currently moving unit to finish moving. Hold right click to cancel your current move.

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I guess it's time to get Grandmaster rank in Shadowverse and go back to YGO ranked then.

6. kazekage

kazekage The King of Potatoes

Yeah this makes the game unplayable, its happened to me on many occasions. Bane Shift just gets stuck and my units do not respond to my motivational talks.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

Can't say I've experienced the same thing as you. I've had almost no issues aside from being annoyed at the simultaneous movement bug and sometimes having to reselect my unit to attack. I have not had a single unit go where it wasn't supposed to in my last 100 games. Game still feels a tad buggy but quite playable.

MaruXV likes this.
  8. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Maybe I play too fast. Most of the BGs I play field abnormal amounts of champs so I'm used to split second twitchy micro (and usually suboptimal) moves. Perhaps waiting seconds between moves like @super71 said would fix it so I'll try it in the tournament. The most frustrating thing is when a range marker gets stuck. Stuff like movement yellows and attack ranges after executing moves locking you out of valuable time sucks big time.

super71 likes this.
  9. Etherielin

Just wait for the currently moving unit to finish its move - then you can continue with the next one.

For markers - just tap the attack / ability hotkey again as these work once more.

10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

wat

11. Etherielin

Movement markers can be cancelled by holding right click and moving the mouse out of your movement range, the range/attack marker is solved by the aforementioned solution.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Can you clarify what you mean by your selection being stuck? Do you mean you click on one champion and then can't click on another so you have to click on the rune dock to clear the selection? Is this occurring in specific cases or with specific runes? Does this occur when you are trying to move multiple champions at one time?

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Haven't narrowed down how or when it happens but the worst one was this:

• After using Water Vortex with my Augur of the Deep, I then tried to move other units around or click on stuff to check stats but selection was stuck on the same stage like when you're about to Vortex even after its execution. I tried right and left clicking but it was stuck on that for a good 30 seconds until a random click got me out of it.
    This problem seems consistent with attack and movement selection. Basically, I get stuck in one selection and it becomes hard to get out of that particular game state at least with the traditional means. To put it plainly: I perform and action involving tile selection/hightlight and the game gets stuck in that selection stubbornly. This had never happened in the 10 years I had played Pox.

14. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I was getting the exact same thing with leap, if i clicked it to check range i was stuck on it until i used it, eventually found that clicking to use the champ's basic was the only thing that fixed it.

MrBadguy likes this.
  15. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

YES. I was playing a Boghopper deck and this annoyed me endlessly. It may be safe to assume this involves anything that makes the game highlight tiles be it movement or attacks and abilities.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Had something similar with teleport. Dragging a champion down from the rune dock into the play area (not playing it) seems to clear everything up.

17. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I definitely get a lag between moving one champion, selecting another, and the yellow movement squares switching to the next champion. Sometimes it doesn't switch at all and i have to right click somewhere to make sure i won't mismove.

- not often, but a noticeable amount of times.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Persistent issue for me as well. If you do happen to mis-move, the second selected champion moves in the direction from its current position that the first champion would move to get to the clicked tile. Sounds a bit weird, but basically you end up moving backward.

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@MrBadguy Played a game today where I clicked down for my unit to cap my font and he went up and wasted all his ap, something is very wrong with how it currently works.

Also I noticed sometimes when I move a champ and it's too close to another of my champs it will sometimes try and get me to move that champ instead of the one I'm moving

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Been getting this a lot with stuff like leap. Is definitely most frequently occurring and disruptive issue of the new client after the recent improvements.