Elsari bazaar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 1, 2017.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i had another really good idea last night. before i went to sleep.
    about early rush and ap gen.
    but no matter how hard i try.
    its just not coming back to my head.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You guys derail threads, that's why nothing is ever accomplished around here. If you wanna talk about poor fw melee options, take it to the appropriate forum. If you wanna take this thread also since it involves an fw rune that's fine.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You're right that it should move to the FW forums -- it has already, and the conversation here is done on the matter.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As for Elsari Bazaar, are there any perspectives on this rune aside from its potential to support distance rushes for fonts? Does anyone take issue with something else about it that they would like to voice, or is the singular concern with regard to the rune that it helps out rushing?

5. super71

Nope that's about it, helps out rushing is a bit of an understatement though. Seems like your trying to diminish its value a bit.

6. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

it allows nearby champions usually at the font to attack twice and get the killl on the enemy champion and thus the upper hand in font contesting and cappng. im not complaining about that as much though but it is very annoying.

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Any AP gen can do that.

DiCEM0nEY and MaruXV like this.
  8. Excalibur95

not usually that comes out of nowhere and is on demand. those that can - sl spells - march of the skeezick / draconic benediction. fw spell - mobilization.

the rest of the ap gen requires specific champions (abilities) usually or more than one champion.

9. potatonuts

If you are pushing the enemy out of a font with one champion and Bazaar then Bazaar isn't the deciding factor.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I just want to understand and make explicit the subject of this thread.

11. Excalibur95

they usually have more than one champion.

12. super71

I'm fine with just making it the opposite of preordained like someone else mentioned, it's really the only nerf that can stop it form being abused how it is now.

13. potatonuts

Which rules out your other arguments.

14. Excalibur95

you need more than one champion with abilities like warcry or tailwind etc is all i meant.

15. super71

Bazaar is too strong, we all know it, so solutions ?

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I don't think bazaar is strong because of the ability of rushes and early don't capping etc. I think it's strong because it provides constant AP gen at a very low (nora/) cost. Also, the shrine damage rarely matters - it is entirely controlled by the player (don't have to use exertion if it may be dangerous), and tome exists.

Id prefer it if it gave exertion (2). Have it start off CD if you want.

17. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I waited literally a whole year (for dramatic purposes, I didn't really check) for this thread. I remember our game as if it were yesterday @kalasle , when I said this "this firking relic is broken" (it still had normal Exertion though) and ragequit.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now though.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think it had shrine exertion when you expressed your dislike for it, but yes, I recall the same -- and would also agree with @Tweek516 that Shrine Exertion's controlled value over time matters much more to the rune than does its ability to enable rushes.

Lushiris likes this.
  19. super71

I used bazaar the other day map with fire down the center 4 fonts, I capped top font on turn 5 I believer with bazzar and my opponent never really recovered. I always used bazaar for the early rushes, however i'd have to agree with @Tweek516 and @kalasle having a burst of 3 ap whenever I need it is incredibly strong, especially when in most fw bgs I run tome of hate anyways.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Frankly, I don't see it as a burst anything -- it grants 2 SPD to valuable ranged champions, really. The spot AP for 30 nora is just fine.

Tweek516 likes this.