Legendaries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redderrick, Sep 6, 2017.

?

Should legendary runes have a deck limit of 1?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

I know this is a fairly controversial and game impacting topic but, I'd like to see where people stand on there being a deck limit of 1 to runes with legendary rarity.

With that being said, not all legendaries are currently up to par and are in need of a rework.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

seems like a bad idea.
    so what happens to those themes that crutch on 2x legendaries? ( or run 2x legendaries often )

3. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Interesting response, my first thought is to relegate the role of the current legendary to another unit within its theme while making legendaries offer something no other champion can. I understand this is not a straightforward solution but I can't think of many circumstances where you have to x2 legendaries or else your bg doesn't have enough synergy.

4. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

The fact that certain themes rely entirely on 2x legendaries is a balance problem. Ask the devs to fix that problem, I wouldn't put my bank on it if I were you.

To be honest limiting decks to 1 legendary would be pretty nice and advocates deck diversity.

Redderrick likes this.
  5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Yes, but I would shuffle rarities around on champs. The value difference between exotics and legendaries is pretty negligible at this point and it would be a lot cleaner if there was an implicit difference between legendaries and exotics. Shuffle all heroes into the legendary category as well. In an ideal world, I'd like to see a game where higher rarity -> higher in-game cost and any given deck would have maybe 5 upper-tier champs in order to have a well-balanced deck, norawise.

At this point, however, 1 leg per deck = 1/2 as many packs sold = less cash-money for DOGz.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No, for the exact reason you mentioned. Making legendaries be so unique that they are necessary for every theme is a bad concept because they aren't as accessible to everyone and you shouldn't need one rune to make a bg playable. We already limited heroes and named runes also are only x1, limiting legendaries would just be a step too far.

Their are plenty of themes actually that rely on x2 legendary, that's an entirely different conversation though. Another thought came to mind, if all legendaries became more unique to be x1 per theme, then they would be hoarded and would become very hard to trade for also.

Their are so many negative things I can think of against it, but not many positive things for it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  7. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

then i'll just use korona legendary and limited

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, the patch notes can be a lot to read through, and I know I skip some of the intro stuff as well sometimes.

super71 likes this.