POXLIST IMPROVEMENT PLAN - players' requests

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaruXV, Sep 8, 2017.

?

Which improvements would you prefer to introduce in Poxlist?

1. BG archive where you can store your bgs

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Vote and comment system on bgs

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Graphic update/change

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Faster Search

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  5. Import/export bg to the client (with dog's approval)

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Link from a rune to all bgs in archive that have that ability

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  7. others (specify in thread)

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

Hey guys, me and @TakeItOver are working on a very serious project to improve the poxlist site and give to all poxers a nice tool to make and share bgs, like and even better than what Poxbase was.
    We are already working to implement on short-mid term a big BGarchive where players can store their bgs, vote and comment bgs of other players etc...(similar to netrunnerdb/thronedb, if somebody knows them).

If you have some features you would like to see in the new editor, or some requests about it, please write them down here so we can consider them while working on it.

PS
    Of course any help/donation will fasten up the process, so if you support the project pass by and drop money for a coffee for poor @TakeItOver while he stays up day and night to code.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Hey great site, but currently qpoxdb is faster tho outdated. So I would say speed and links would be ideal. They biggest use for me is to find certain skills that I need to make synergy in theme decks.

super71 likes this.
  3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

abilities are already searchable in champs filters. you can also click on the ability and find all champs with that. This kind of search could take quite a lot so when you can limit the faction so it takes less time.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah I have it bookmarked and its sexier looking for sure. For my needs I can't limit the faction since I currently make splits only. I guess what the difference is on the other site it is available to list ability first so you can "ctrl F" the ability then it brings up the champs ...idk how this stuff works but maybe that speeds up the searching.

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

My other - really work on the custom BG creation interface. Ideally, the BG portion of the site should link out directly to champ/equip/relic lists and let you add and remove runes without leaving the page. So much of the rune selection process is contextual and it's easier to keep track of smaller synergies when you have your other choices in front of you.

MaruXV likes this.
  6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

you already can do that. in the top right corner there is the workdesk icon that let you see which runes are in the bg at the moment, and you can check them without leaving the filter search

7. Alan

Alan The King of Potatoes

Player created lists of cost effective BGs for new players. Many of the BGs in the forums are from 2012-2015, for new players it is impossible to know if the runes are still viable from that time because of patches and expansions. having a good base of created becks could make deck building less of a curve for new players.

8. Alan

Alan The King of Potatoes

Also, something i have been figuring out form my short time playing is how effective "micro combos " are. having some sort of basic combo list for runes to help understand that using rune "A" ability on or with rune "B" will proc "X" and make your rune more effective or help use this ability to its full potential.

This can also give new players information to help bg construction.

9. davre

Right, I am capable of navigating a site. My issue is that this frame only lets you view runes that you have already put in the deck. If there is a mechanism for removing them, or anything other than admiring your choices, it is definitely not intuitive. What I would love to see would be an interface where you can select a rune slot within this frame and then select a rune from within it (although I recognize that this exact implementation would be tricky because it would make these decks visually disorganized). What I am looking for is something that closely approximates the deck-creation method on the poxnora website, or any other tcg/ccg's deck-creation interface, for that matter.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What davre said.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

sry english is my third language so im not sure i understood right.
    there is a little x near each rune so you can remove the runes you dont want, from that frame.
    the other part you mean that you would like to see runes ordered by champs spells relics equips like on the client? you can see the runes divided like that in the "bgeditor" section. In the "search" section you can just see and remove runes you selected.

12. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

please link to the site i am noob :/

MaruXV likes this.
  13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

14. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

that would be nice.
    as i make a lot of good bgs once then throw them away.

15. davre

My question for you is this: how are you setting up your site to be a better deck-making resource than the alternative (qpoxdb)?
    I am currently using qpoxdb because I have made it a habit to do so.

When I make a new deck, I open up 3 tabs in my browser: qpoxdb, the poxnora rune manager, and the poxnora checklist.
    I start by selecting a few runes I want to play with in the rune manager.
    Because I am a veteran that has spent way to much time playing the game, I generally know what abilities might synergize with the runes I am looking at, so I go onto qpoxdb, ctrl-f to look at that ability, and find other runes.
    Then I go back to my checklist to see if I have them and to decide which of the options are best-suited for the current deck.
    Then I go back to the rune manager to put them in the deck.
    Then I repeat the process.

This is not an ideal method for playing with deck creation, which is one of the most rewarding aspects of poxnora.
    Your website has the potential to make the above process more streamlined.
    Right now, it hasn't reached that potential because you are still doing essentially the same process but 2 of the tabs have changed (rune manager tab -> poxlist bg editor, qpoxdb tab -> poxlist champions/spells/relics/equipment tabs, rune checklist tab = rune checklist tab).
    I would like to switch over to a process that uses your site, but I do not have any incentive to do so because the structure of the process is identical to what I am already using.

An ideal alternative structure would have the entire process in one tab.
    How close can you get to this ideal?

Thbigchief and MaruXV like this.
  16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

the main idea would be to make that you build a bg in poxlist and import it directly into runemanager without having to select again all runes. but to do so we will need dog's approval, so thats not sure that it can be done.

i understood your way to build, but also with poxlist you shouldnt need 3tabs open, just 2: rune manager and poxlist. in poxlist if you go on the abilities tab you can filter abilities. also in champs search you can search alla champs with a particular ability. So lets say you want to build a fw/sp punishing aura bg so you need champs with punishing aura. you go to the poxlist filter, you input fw and in abilities punishing aura. you can also filter by spd, cost, def etc...thats something that poxbase didnt have.

also while you search the champs that sinergize, you can already build a bg and when its ready you have the link to send it to others or save it somewhere, without having to stamp - save img. thats useful particulary for new players that cannot understand runes just by image, but they need to look at what a rune does.

Our website has the main target of giving players a tool where they dont have to use 3 tabs to work on bgs, just on our site. Also we would like to make it not only a tool to build, but also a tool to share the bgs with other players, make it a more community-friendly utility. So you build a bg, you put into archive, other players can comment it, and when you search for a champ you can go see which bgs have been made with that champ, and see them ordered by how they were liked by players.

17. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I haven't had a chance to take a look at the site as of late, but I'd appreciate an ability to create a quick, short link of a constructed BG in a form of screenshot similar to what speedtest.net lets you do when you want to share your download/upload ratios. (check that site for reference)

Tweek516 likes this.
  18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

This is a small thing, but it would be much nicer if the runes in the bg you're editing re-ordered themselves when you removed/added in new runes. So doubles together, alphabetical order, spells together etc.

Otherwise it can make looking at bgs a bit confusing. Especially when you're looking over a bg someone else created.

19. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

For the actual poxnora site to have everything you listed but an updated ability list also.

20. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Dark theme.. That is all.

sWeNibor likes this.