Vulnerabilities/ amplifications

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Sep 25, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Can we also make these a flat number, I'm used to everything else being a flat number now so when I have to randomly calculate percentages again it get's a bit wild and time consuming.

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

mh. no. i don't like it.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. super71

Mhm why

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

fixed dmg would just power up even more cheap units. amp is nice because it rewards high dmg. also a lot of abilities and spells should be reworked with a change like that

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

DoTs, for one.

Etherielin likes this.
  6. super71

What about dots ?

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Flat amp on dots sounds like a big deal.

8. super71

Does amp affect dots now really, and why would amps affect dots at all it doesn't really make sense if that's how it works.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Flat damage increases for a global possibility would be incredibly broken and would change amplify from rewarding high damage to frequent damage and i don't like rust that

10. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Amp has always affected all sources of amped damage, DoTs included. Been the case ever since the very first amp in the game.

MaruXV likes this.
  11. super71

That is very flawed too me, amp should not increase dots or any attacks other than the base attack. I've never seen a dot do extra damage due to amplifications sorry, I've never seen rend 2 hit for 5 or 6 damage in game. If someone could get a picture of that for me and post it here that would be ideal, I've honestly never seen it before.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You wouldn't see that, I don't know of a way to get physical damage boosted that high. Why not test it yourself? Do a single player game with fire amped to 50% then hit a champ with Burn 2 and see if the damage is 6 instead of 4.

13. super71

Has anyone ever seen a dot like burn, poison, or frost ever amped that high ? I've never seen the numbers change at all.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

you need at least 20% amp of a freshly applied dot that does 5 damage, or 30 for 4 and so on. Amp does effect it but u need higher values to get smaller results changes on now amounts of damage.

15. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Hmm if it did just affect basic attack i would like it. But with hunter:walker giving +2dmg is absurd powerful with aura/nova units, and think they would be easy broken if it was +-5dmg max from amplify? or just +-1 or 2 dmg but then it would be kinda boring the other way.

16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ideally you'd want consistancy -- all damage modifiers as either percentages or flat numbers. Having a mix is a bit unintuitive. But unfortunately there are practical problems with both of these.

Percentages means that the maths becomes hard, and the results unpredictable.

Flat numbers create balance issues as they distort the results of low vs high damage- auras, DoTs etc, all become disproportionately powerful and so you end up with extra clauses about that.

I have an opinion on it, but I don't think there is a 'right' answer - you just choose which flaw you want.

17. super71

I think amps should honestly be a flat 1 damage rate and max at +2 only affect basic attacks, but that's just me. Sabotage, and vulernabilities would work similar to the hunter abilities.

Right now we have a mix match of nonsense that isn't consistent.