Kalasle's FF Tier List -- PS4 -- 8/30/17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Apr 4, 2015.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

If you get the chance, check out a few of Beny36's games and then look at his rating. The dicemoney principle is definitely at work with worms.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate on to what you are referring?

3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Worms seem to have a low skill floor. I faced this guy twice today and he made several poor plays with them - continuously running out initiative and activating blood fueled next to a blockade champ, playing bile zombies as a regular champ (letting me kill the BZ on my own terms even in the absence of blockade), wasting single attacks on oblivion shield, missing risk-free kills to spread damage around when I have mika out, casting desecration to hit my champs when I have mika out so the net effect is 0 damage to my units and 5 damage to 2 of his own, plays that suggest that he doesn't have a firm grip on his deck or possibly even pox fundamentals. I beat him handily 2x and on the second game I was surprised to see that I gained more than 5 from it, so I checked his profile and he's sitting at 1800 with a lot of recent wins. Very few "good" decks are capable of this sort of thing.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not terribly surprised. It sounds like he is taking a page from the DortyBoy school worms -- running a variant of the deck that leans into the theme's unorthodox style at the cost of being actually good. Although I have said, and maintain, that proper worms are very hard to play, I would completely agree that the Dorty-esque variant has a high margin for error against people who don't understand what the deck is doing. It's totally beatable, but at a low level of play, the opponent needs to understand the deck better than the pilot. I don't think that this makes the DortyBoy variant good, though. You just need to keep playing chunky 6 SPD melee champs and it will fold.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As for tempo, my supposition is this: it is impossible against plenty of decks to assume a defensive posture sufficient to deter attacks, unless the would-be defender has equivalent strength by every, or virtually every, metric. Being down ~50 nora for setup, or having a clunky champion lineup, can easily mean getting run over by an opponent who just plays their basic gameplan.

Again, this is just a supposition right now. Quite likely, I just haven't found the kind of champion compositions and tactics required to set up a defense against the current forms of offense, and am extrapolating based on that personal lack. I am going to play some more games with a different approach to AP management and some experiments with champions, then get back to this.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

DORTYboy variant is very easy to beat with FW, the fact that he casts doom against opposing FW players is questionable at best.

7. kazekage

kazekage The King of Potatoes

Do people actually play on ps4?

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I really like dragon quest builders, dragon warrior heros, final fantasy 15, persona 5, and some of the Hd remaster available. Oh... you mean pox...

9. kazekage

kazekage The King of Potatoes

Yeah pox... hahaha

10. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

In these kind of games it usually refers to cards or plays that have an immediate impact for good value, usually a champion with an on deploy effect.