Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nivekflakes, Oct 11, 2017.

1. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

So I am wondering @Sokolov and @Senshu is it really that hard to take just 5 mins once a week to give an update? It doesn't have to be involved just a quick couple sentences about what yall worked on that week. Going over a month with just the Boontober event seems.....lacking to me. I can't imagine yall don't have just 5 minutes one time a week to give a quick update.

Alakhami, xaznsoulx, Kendoshi and 4 others like this.
  2. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I feel like I have to say sokolov is mainly involved in balance issues and in alot of the aspects you expect him to be aware he knows as much as me and you :) so lets cut him some slack

3. nivekflakes

Yea, those two names were the ones that came to mind first. Also I bet Sokolov knows more about what they are working on than you might think. I think I've seen him post on it in the past.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I do post now and then with some small updates both here and on Discord, but I am not really able to speak officially on dates and specifics so I don't make a real "announcement."

This is what I understand to be the current situation, which hasn't changed since the last update:
    1. Currently, the VITA client is being worked on, as well as continued bug fixes to the client.
    2. Once all that is ready to go, we'll be looking at releasing the next expansion.

Alakhami, Vash Dragneel and Kendoshi like this.
  6. nivekflakes

Awesome, this is exactly what I was talking about. Just once a week to say just what you said. Even if two weeks in a row they are working on the same thing just so we know. We don't need dates just a general idea.

7. kazekage

kazekage The King of Potatoes

Time frame of when the client will be fixed would be nice, game feels dry as all hell without chat working

Gnomes and Kendoshi like this.
  8. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

That is the main problem at the moment. The chat. I can't even see what im typing until I hit enter in lobby. I loved to communicate with fellow guildmates, setup casual games and train new players. This is nearly impossible now. The importance of chat should never be neglected. The trend to ignore chat options or completely remove it from games as off late(not in poxnora in general) is just not understandable.

Please @Sokolov fix this asap after vita. Make a hotfix for major issue before the next expansion, like chat, reset the ladder(fresh for vita) and kthir alt map :p .

9. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Heres what's going on behind the scenes right now, and here is where we're at, and this is what we hope to accomplish. I'll post another update in a few weeks, thanks for being patient.

This is what responsible companies do :), that don't wanna see their game fail.

11. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

What @Sokolov stated is more or less where things are at. Once we are able to announce something we will.

12. Kendoshi

The same topic was posted not long ago. Not that I agree or disagree but there is no point in having two seperate threads for the same topic.

13. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

Why are you marching on introducing more game platforms (and more bugs) before the current issues are resolved. It doesnt make sense to me, please explain the thought process.

14. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I'm assuming once they incorporate Vita they will be able to fix ALL the issues at once. Last thing you would want to do is to "fix" the client only to release Vita that would break it again...amarite?

Chris likes this.
  15. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

sounds reasonable.

Bondman007 likes this.
  16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

There is a point, if we still haven't heard anything. I'm sorry, but it literally takes 5 minutes to pop in and say what's going on, if they are all that incredibly busy wouldn't they wanna show any of what they accomplished ?

17. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

They probably signed some kind of agreement with Sony that prevents them from being chatty.

18. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Its called a paycheck

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mostly because it's part of the contract. Also, what @Bondman007 says it's true, and some of the issues being fixed also ties into making it work on the Vita (which has its own eccentricities).

Etherielin and Bondman007 like this.
  20. Kendoshi

They said they are working on vita at the moment and until that is finished nothing else will be done or announced. If you forgot here is what they have written:

Quote from Sokolov:

I do post now and then with some small updates both here and on Discord, but I am not really able to speak officially on dates and specifics so I don't make a real "announcement."

This is what I understand to be the current situation, which hasn't changed since the last update:

1. Currently, the VITA client is being worked on, as well as continued bug fixes to the client.
    2. Once all that is ready to go, we'll be looking at releasing the next expansion.
    and follow up post from Senshu:

What @Sokolov stated is more or less where things are at. Once we are able to announce something we will.

So.... as I said, there is no point in MAKING ANOTHER THREAD. I didn't say your opinion doesn't matter. You should have written that there. All you do is split up the same discussion into two seperate threads.

Etherielin likes this.