Ways for Poxnora to get more players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fanman55, Oct 22, 2017.

1. fanman55

fanman55 New Member

This is something I’m surprised that poxnora hasn’t done yet. I’m sure every other major gaming company as done it. Forgive me if it has already happened but why haven’t I heard of an Instagram or a Twitter account for Poxnora? Have they even got a Facebook page? This is a great/easy way to reach out to the gaming community and the best thing is that it is completely free. These days everywhere you look people are on their phone. In class, in the bus, even dinner. The amount of people I see scrolling through Instagram explore is insane. There are even apps out there to help you run your pages so you wouldn’t have to do any work. Communicating with the gaming community with hashtags like #gaming or #gamer is the best method for advertising these days. Get on it DOG

Gnomes likes this.
  2. fanman55

fanman55 New Member

Also, go mobile.

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

:rolleyes:

Eadbusta likes this.
  4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

wow, you studied marketing at harvard? ;) pox already has page in socials. main thing is that pox is not made by a major company, so visibility is lower, plus its a game for a niche playerbase. going mobile wouod be ok, but completely funded by devs. ps was funded by sony.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- They tried facebook...and yeah this indie "Sony" company... lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  6. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Because going to the homepage of Poxnora, where they advertise their twitter, facebook, etc, accounts was too difficult for you?

7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Fix the goddamn client.

IPhoenixl, DonK101st and Kampel like this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

they dont have an instagram

9. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

The sole reason the playerbase doesn't grow.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I can only imagine there are more negative tweets than positive tweets rn for #poxnora anyways.

They are getting new players to join every so often, but the new players probably arent staying for a variety of reasons,

the social aspect of the game being missing (I've always liked chat channels...)

the game itself has issues which don't appear in successful modern games (hard counters, pay to win marketing, flat 5 elo gains, limiteds- gameplay changing mechanics not available to all, and lack of actual tutorial and "pro gamer" scene.)

As a new player, that was the most frustrating to me. Even though I am doing fairly well recently, I don't really use intuitive decks, I just more use what is blatantly overpowered.

This type of design is typical of old games which had no direction, and were the byproduct of abusing bugs and glitches which eventually became part of the design of the game.

This is very similar to how Dota developed for a long period of time. Denying creeps after all was never an anticipated interaction. It came to be over a long period of time. However, dota has since moved towards a more modern approach to design, akin to league of legends, It still keeps it's niche as being mechanically and technically interesting, however-

league of legends was designed from the ground up to sort of "make sense" and also be simpler (this also ended up causing some issues in their early history, since they didnt know how to balance "bruiser" champions since there was no STR AGI and INT stats like in dota 2). However, the end product is actually a lot more intuitive once they perfected it (and the reason dota 2 took aspects of LOL into their game). For one, almost all champions have some sort of way to be played against. You arent just not going to be able to play the game, there are no real HARD counters. Secondly, content is becoming increasingly free, with as majority of sales going to asthethics, such as skins and emotes. LoL has finally removed the rune system, which forced players to grind more to obtain champions. This was to compete with Dota 2's modern system of all champions being avail from the get go.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  11. fanman55

fanman55 New Member

I do believe a lot of new players quit because they get matched up with high ranking vets and ends up getting completely owned.

12. fanman55

fanman55 New Member

Also they don’t have a link to www.poxnora.com on their twitter page.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

They have done several things over the years to bring in new players and half of those have worked pretty well.

The problem is that you cannot play this game. It simply is not enjoyable long term. The ineptitude of the controllers (not just the present ones) has kept this game from being successful. It got too big (too many cards) and they refused to rotate/keep it fresh. Now you have this giant that is not manageable.

They just go away.

The best thing they ever did for this game was create the gold system and forge system making the game much much more accessible.

But access to a pile of crap vs no access to a pile of crap doesn't really matter in the end, as we've seen.

This game is probably the most needlessly unfortunate experience I've ever had in gaming.

Hierokliff likes this.
  14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

that rotation would keep things fresh and attract more players, is just your opinion. This game needs A LOT of time and focus investment, its not a 5mins randomfest like hearthstone. So the players that dont have the patience to get into the game, learn the basic, build up some bgs, are not going to stay anyway.
    You need to care of the population that keeps up with game's difficulty, and that kind of players usually enjoy more the high diversity of a big pool of runes than a "small always changing meta" like other smaller and easier games.

That kind of stuff would be supported enough by a working draft/arena mode, that would make easier for new players to get into the game and keep things fresh for older players. And I'm sure the devs already know that, but they dont want to start another project while they are still working to get things fixed on this client. I'm sure its one of the big priorities of the devs team, after all stuff is fixed. And that should be a big step for the game to stay alive.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No sets for ranked

Too many bugs

No on site ability finder

No useful trader on site

Text errors

Movement bugs , targeting bugs

No alternate game modes

Bad maps

I could go on, but truthfully it's not even worth talking about anymore. When they crawled into bed with Sony in any way again I knew it was done.

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

if its that bad and unplayable , why are you like once a week on the forum complaining about same stuff ? there are tons of other games without this problems ^_^

nepyonisdead likes this.
  17. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

wtf is an instagram?

fogandsteel likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Did you figure that out all by yourself? Well done bubba.

19. Jbafofi

Jbafofi The King of Potatoes

1: Fix the single player. It's barely fit for purpose. New players will invariably spend a lot of time playing solo if their interest is piqued initially by the game. They will practice, learn the game and acquire stock, the only alternative is drubbing after beating in pvp, which is no alternative for new players.

So.. what's needed is a small team of dedicated players that enjoy single player to go through all of the solo maps (in order of accesibility) making notes primarily on balance and glitches. after a period of 2 or 3 months all notes from the testers are compiled and decisions are made by the devs about having a right good clean up of single player.

2: Regular draft tournaments

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Some part of me still cares and wishes for the game to succeed, I wish it wasn't the case but it is. Their are indeed plenty of other games, the only differing thing that makes pox great is the unlimited amount of runes and combinations, if another game had as much content I would have left already to play those.

MaruXV likes this.