Discussion: Pox Nora Available for PlayStation Vita October 31st!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Eadbusta and Kendoshi like this.
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Now to find a cheap Vita.

aseryen likes this.
  3. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Good news. Hopefully it brings some new players to the arena.

fogandsteel likes this.
  4. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Great work! Now if you bring Arena in to the game for 2018, I am sure you can bring some new life in to the game!!! Wish Poxnora and Octopi the best, ehm I mean Desert Owl Games!

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Vita is relatively inexpensive and worth it (get oled version imo)

The memory cards are an experience from hell.

How much space will pox take up? @Senshu

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Fully installed it is just under 1 GB, but it would be recommended to have and extra GB free for patches.

A word of caution to those of you thinking of getting a Vita just for Pox. There were many concessions made for that platform for it to be able to play the game. Although Pox is not a very large game and is not demanding for most PCs the extremely low amount of RAM and processor speed on the system versus most current mobile devices does take its toll. Further performance optimization is one of our big focuses moving forward because that will benefit all versions of the game.

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Thank you for the warning, hope someone can upload a video on how it plays

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm a little late, but good news, and congrats to @Sokolov @Senshu on completion and anyone else that had a hand in it.

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Does anyone actually use the Vita? Is it a large market? Perhaps it may have been better to go mobile platform, given the user base. Or just stay with the crazy PC / Apple guys who are happy to sink time into learning complex games.

10. super71

I've honestly never seen anyone with a vita before, it's either a console, computer, or phone, very rarely do you see people carrying mobile game platforms anymore.

Fentum likes this.
  11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I've never seen a Vita either. I'm in the UK so I guess it may be a US thing? The only place I ever heard it mentioned is on these forums. And I have teenagers!

12. super71

In a world all about convenience, it's just not very convenient I guess in my opinion. I live in the United States, but have yet to see anyone with a vita, and anytime I go to a game store they are always having sales for them which tells me they can't move them fast enough.

13. Andoid

Andoid Member

It's about time, looking forward to playing!

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

@Senshu on the vita port is the touchscreen implemented or only arrows like on ps4?

15. Andoid

Andoid Member

I have a vita, unfortunately there's a ok amount of people that have one but the problem is vita is more popular in Japan so 95% of the games release are JRPGs and if you don't like that type of games that's why most people don't have one, plus all the memory cards are not cheap and 80% of the games are download only.

Didn't get me wrong, I love my vita but I wish it had more power and ram to make games run a little better.

16. DiCEM0nEY

I never realized the vita lacked ram. I always thought the quality of the games were really good, like wipe out (even at 30fps) and soul sacrifice. What problems does the low ram actually cause? Is it mostly a developer thing?

The primary problem is the EXPENSIV MEMORY cards. And lack of support the platform got. needed more rpgs, but never really got them. It needed Ps2 emulation as well. Ps1 emulation was what sold the psp. And great games like ogre tactics.

2ds XL or switch make it hard to justify getting a vita, since they alreadyalready cut all support for vita. I wonder who headed up the VITA project, they really dropped the ball.

17. Andoid

Andoid Member

Vita games are low budget and the power of the vita is less than a PS3, games like uncharted golden abyss and Killzone mercenary are amazing but most of the games don't run as well.

The vita only has 512mb ram and it's less powerful.

Most of the games available didn't get the development budgets to do it right, so max 30fps can go to 15fps or the game freezes and crashes but it depends on what game your playing.

Most common problem is lag in single player games, proving that the Vita can't handle the game at 100%. It's a playable lag BTY.

18. DiCEM0nEY

What games had lag?

19. Andoid

Andoid Member

These are the games that I have problems on:

LEGO Movie: The Videogame, low lag
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus, high lag
    Minecraft, high lag
    Borderlands 2, high lag
    Resident Evil Revelations 2, high lag
    Terraria, low lag
    Gravity Rush, low lag
    Ratchet & Clank: Collection, low lag
    Dead Nation, low lag
    Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, high lag
    Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, low lag

All my other games don't have problems:

https://psnprofiles.com/xX-andoid-Xx?pf=vita

20. DiCEM0nEY

Not sure if gravity rush should be on that list. There was only lag during like very enemy heavy scenes iirc, and even then, "lag" isnt how I would describe the experience, nor is it something that I would detract from the vita alone, since every system technically has a lag.

Borderlands was pretty ambitious, I can understand why porting that to a handheld caused lag. It also lagged on ps3, so it was probably poor planning no?

In my mind, there is no doubt that the PS Vita is powerful enough to run a game like Poxnora. But getting it to run well considering they are porting it over from the Ps4 is the problem. No1 truly wanted to optimize for the vita, or make vita specific games, which is why they should have just made a ps2 emulator (psp games and ps1 games run well on it). Thats why many of the games you have listed probably didnt run well. Iv'e already said I sort of disagree with you on the Gravity Rush one, at least during the scenes which I played up to (I think I unlocked most of world)