Ways for Poxnora to get more players.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fanman55, Oct 22, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Time it takes for a bug to be fixed+number of things that randomly break with a new expansion× the things that do not work as described in a new expansion×punishment for reselling content you buy or are awarded+ descriptions being nonsense or not available at all while in game/ amount of time pox has existed and has always had these same problems= low player base.

super71 likes this.
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

What the game is lacking the most is Sepulcher making new videos.

3. DonK101st

DonK101st Well-Known Member

Games getting stale. Spice it up. Create a third faction. 3 faction pvp is always better.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

upload_2017-10-27_23-35-48.jpeg

MrCharles and super71 like this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I honestly think a 9th faction wouldn't be a bad idea at this point.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

just make longer banlist/reworklist and enable circus. lots of fun ;)

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Poxnora has gotten an influx of players on numerous occasions, the problem is that they don't stay. There are so many reasons for that there is little hope this will change.

I recently reinstalled the game. Not only is the new client 2 gbs bigger, it's also an utter mess. Deck builder is clearly not designed to be used in pc - just the fact that you can't check cards without editing the deck is annoying. You click, a sound is played and nothing happens. Descriptions are randomly missing from the card screen leaving you with an empty card window. There is a part of the card window dedicated to champion abilities on non champion cards which is forever empty. I can't always scroll down my deck list with my mouse wheel. Spectator mode is full of -1 cds.

All of these are solely related to the client - card availability and small playerbase meaning new players will play against people with not only a strong, competitive, functional deck, but also people with over 10 years of experience.

I came back recently and played a single game against a total newcomer. My deck is outdated and not that strong, but I could probably beat him with half of my cards replaced with random garbage. I didn't even know where to start with advice - and all of it fell on deaf ears because he already played against players with stronger cards and decks than mine.

I always wanted this game to succeed, but how do you get out of a mess this big? Some of these issues are shared by other games. Duelyst and Hearthstone have the card availability issue. Any competitive multiplayer game with small, dedicated playerbase will have veteran vs newbie issue. Messy client is on you, DOG.

Ill come back occasionally but I don't know if I will stay.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    MrBadguy likes this.