Discussion: Pox Nora Available for PlayStation Vita October 31st!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It does support front touch.

The 512 MB of RAM is for the whole system because it needs to support the OS along with some multitasking. What any single app can use is noticeably less. Also, Pox is very processor dependent, so running on a sub 500mhz is a bottleneck.

Some external factors are at play, but this platform serves as a min spec trial. Ideally, Pox is more suited for tablets, but now the base tech is in place for touch.

Gnomes likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

If Pox is more suited to tablets, why not launch for iPad?

Drache77 and MaruXV like this.
  3. Andoid

Andoid Member

To be honest i platinum trophy gravity rush a long time ago and backed it up to my PS3 haven't played it since.

Borderlands 2 is the hardest running game on Vita and is the most Fed up but it's my favorite game on the vita played over 500 hours of that game lol.

I will let you know how the PoxNora vita version is then I play it.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

That would probably put them at cross purposes for their agreement with Sony

5. Fentum

I reckon they chose the wrong partner...

6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

@Senshu will there be anything else tomorrow? like bug fixes and stuff?

Fentum likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

100 new players in single player for two weeks YESH!

8. Andoid

Andoid Member

Guys I'm playing it now, download size is 334 MB, going to play a game to test it in a bit.

It works better than then I was playing it on pc so, so far so good.

One problem you better have 20 20 vision as the text is small.

Gnomes, Etherielin and Kampel like this.
  9. Kampel

keep us updated with your experiense :D

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We wanted to, but integrating all the versions of Pox is taking a while to do. We didn't want to hold up releasing this version because of updating the pipeline for the other versions.

Kampel and Etherielin like this.
  11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

What improvements can we expect after the rollout of Vita client?

12. AlexMuts

AlexMuts New Member

I create this account just to give feedback.

I have the PS Vita since 2012 and this is by far the worst optimized game that I've played, and the Vita have many games with performance issues. I've tested the Steam version as well, just to see how it goes.

• The UI and the text on the Vita is so small that you can't read most of the text or interact with it properly. It's like a copy from the Steam UI
    • The game keep going to one menu without me pressing anything, and this is not my Vita issue or some ghost touch issue. It only happens in PoxNora.
    • It doesn't play better when compared with the PC. Vita is like a slideshow presentation while the PC version is smooth.
    • Touching and draging on the top left to spawn the creature in the shrine is terrible, speacilly for me that have big fingers. The area is so small and I didn't find an option to use the arrows or the analog controls. Because you can also move the map area using the screen.
    • No manual, game controls explanation or tutorial for new players.

Since this is a F2P title, I may continue with the Steam version. My conclusion is that the Vita version is unplayable at it's current state and by the similarities it has with the Steam version, I really see no effort to adapt or ajust the game UI for a smaller screen.

Vita has hardware limitations for today's standards, and most Unity titles have some issues. But unless theres some controls and UI overhaul, because of the small screen and touch control areas, I don't see how this title will perform better just to optimizing with patches.

For example, I play Talisman Digital Edition on my Vita, it also has some frame issues on some situations and depending how much expansions you play. BUT, I can interact with the game using the controls, arrows and analog stick, or by using the touch screen. Here in PoxNora, on 3 games that I've tested, I only have one option to spawn creatures and its not good. =/

newsbuff and Kampel like this.
  13. Fentum

Based on what I’ve read on these forums it seems as though both the PS and Vita are total wastes of time and resources!

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

they got payed to do it, so it wasn't a waste ;) but yeah, surely not a big success

15. Fentum

Perhaps, though it seems a waste for the guys who paid.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

They didn't really want to support the game anyways. No trade feature or merged accounts killed it at the start. Account cloning is for 7 year olds.

17. AlexMuts

AlexMuts New Member

I fail to point out some things.

Due to server and the menu poping up issues, I skip the training and then the tutorial. So there is a tutorial.

Also the controls are explained there as well, but it does work at first, but later on the first tutorial, it bugs out and I can't complete it using the normal controls. I was stuck on the last part and I have to spend some minutes to make the touch screen works to spawn the required creature in order to move on and complete it.

Also, frame drops happens every time and shows how badly optimized the game is. Again, mostly because of Unity.

Since this is F2P, stay with Steam version.

Some Vita screens:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gnomes, Etherielin and Kampel like this.
  18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

This should be great I have already given away 1 pre-built SP deck and I am giving away another in celebration of this launch. One of the hardest learning curves in this game is deck building, so hopefully these decks will help people win games so they keep playing and dont get frustrated with the game!

19. Kampel

Any info on how this went the first week?

20. paul harris

paul harris The King of Potatoes

I have a question cant seem to find out on the ps4 and pc. i am looking at heroic quests. and few times it has said deploy a number of champions with an ability containing... does say what? i went on website to look for ability "containing"

cant find out so not sure if anyone can see this or if its just me being stupid and not seeing something?

if anyone can help be great

thanks