Grintmaws...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BroWatchThis, May 4, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I cannot take someone seriously who made the same mistake twice. As for your supposed justification, my first language would be German, thank you very much.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The only troll i can really say needs a nerf is the marsh troll. When he was given to IS, he was made over effecient. His current form needs to cost 68-70 nora. 63 is way to cheap for his kit.

Bouncer, being the main tank unit of the deck, I say he needs to retain this tankyness. Tale of valor is another story, but regardless if bouncer dies, the deck dies, why you think we buff him to OP levels with our 35 nora spells.

The singers, imo need something on base. Relocate relic base would be OP, but one of his others in place of call to arms would be better.

3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Well now that the necessary drama is out of the way...

I like grintmaws. I usually lose to them, but when I win, I feel accomplished, like I really had to work to beat them. They're a really well organized theme.
    I don't like that they have Tales of Valor. Bouncer is too damn hard to kill for how much damage he's able to deal with Tales on him. He should be unreasonably tanky, but come on.

4. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

No worries Booza. No one takes you seriously because of your opinions, good for you though using correct grammer.

5. Boozha

I'll let you think about whether you are on ignore because of your eyesore of grammar and orthography or because you are a fool.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I never said they should be nerfed. Counters exist for a reason. I merely mentioned that they counter my playstyle very well. Some people can contribute to a thread without calling for a nerf/buff. Like I said in my original post, I am interested in seeing what happens to them after the revamp.

7. Dresnar20365988

My grammer eh? Better check and edit your post. Pretty sure , "I'll let you think about whether you are on ignore because on your eyesore of grammar and orthography or because you are a fool." isn't a properly constructed sentence.

I see you edited your error out of your post. Were 1-1 on grammer now eh?

8. Dresnar20365988

Yeah I know Xirone. I only came off as confrontational. I was just saying that grints counter low multiple attack BG's and that is a good thing. I'd hate for them to lose that quality.

9. Boozha

One might assume. God of typos, you are the worst.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Not trying to argue or anything, but that is a perfectly fine sentence, even if it has somewhat poor parallelism.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

One thing is for sure, there are many ways to mess up the Grintmaw "flavor" during the revamp.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

When you need to start attacking peoples spelling/grammar instead of their points of the subject you already lost the discussion.

13. Dresnar20365988

Thought I was on ignore? So you go for the grammer arguments and the pretend ignore threats? Yeah, you're a model of forum etiquette.

14. Boozha

I had a typo in it ... "on" instead of "of". Flawless performance on my side, really.

Edit: Banshee, thats a fine point, but there is a difference between needing to do something and doing it out of laziness :p

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Ah, didn't even notice it.

Alrighty, then, carry on.

16. Boozha

No, you actually are on ignore, but because I can't stop clicking the reveal button because I'm more curious than a bag of cats thats kind of meaningless.

I'm terrible.

17. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i gotta say grintmaw and other phalanx theme's get rekked by certain maps ( usually those with 4 fonts or more)
    and alot of people keep forgetting the counter to a phalanx or build up theme is rushing/splitting them up
    instead they let all the grintmaw huddle up together and expect to actually win

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Split them up (map) and they are no problem, but when you make a lot of noise and they all come rumbling down the hill at once, yeah, they are tough.

Most of what you are feeling from Grints right now, I'm pretty sure, is Bouncer + ToV. Once ToV gets a looking-at, and well... everything for that matter, we'll have to see where they land.

If you've ever played them you know they are also mind-numbingly boring to play.

19. poxrevenge

poxrevenge The King of Potatoes

they are soooooooo OP that almost noone use :)

20. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

D A Y U M... I didn't realize I would strike such a resounding chord in all of your hearts (or dark pits for some of you). All I know, is that I play FW spirits/stealth bg and my champs average cost around 70 nora while I watched the Shaman that costs 65ish nora hit my champs (who cost a lot more with less effective abilities) tear me to pieces with a 27dmg, 75hp slab of meat (or rock more appropriately) tear me to pieces. I didn't see the fun in it and I know what most of you will say, "FW counters EVERYTHING..." but I don't have every rune in the FW pool. It's also tough to find runes in the FW pool that you need suchas Aspect, Defiler Knight, etc.

That being said, and sorry for the novel, but I don't see why IS gets all the love... Don't make my 75 nora FW unit soft and fluffy while an IS Grint or a ST Ferren, both costing 65 nora, tanky! It doesn't make any logical sense.

Sincerely,
    Your Bro

21. Dresnar20365988

So your saying that there is no efficient way to counter a 135 nora bouncer?

First off any champ with strike counters a bouncer with ToV efficiently. Lets not even bother going into all the other ways there are to counter def as we've been over it before.

Second the bouncer loses damage as he loses hp's at the same rate he gains damage from ToV. Putting ToV on a bouncer only cancels out his negative ability of losing damage as well as boosting his def.

Third why on Earth would you equip a bouncer with Manual? Granit bracers if anything. If you put a Manual on a bouncer its just more incentive for your opponent to damage him because then he is losing 3 damage per 10 hp's lost instead of the usual 2.

I think "Fact" is not the word you should be using here. Maybe misguided would be a better term?