Graveyard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadguy, Nov 11, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You only found one that I myself have made, I talked on multiple threads regarding bazaar. Bazaar gives out a ton of ap, for very little drawback. Shrine exertion is strong, but I always found myself loving refreshing elixir, it comes in handy quite often.

Bazaar itself coupled with graveyard has won me a lot of games and a lot of early font grabs I should have no business grabbing on turn 3.

2. super71

Hadn't realize it's stats were so pitiful, but with arctic, and a banner it's not terrible for it's cost.

9 damage, 5 speed, 28 hp, detection and a defensive ability isn't bad for a summon, but I agree not being able to control when it is summoned makes it a pain in the butt.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, the Grave Warrior from GY is even worse, 7 DMG, 5 SPD, 11 HP with Fearless. Of course, it doesn't benefit from the ST faction bonus either.

4. Sokolov

Also, we forgot Myx Hive.

Myx Hive
    Moga Den
    Snowcat Burrow

5. Sokolov

6. super71

True, but grave warrior is a real champ that you can summon whenever, that's what makes graveyard so strong. Deploying graveyard, and summoning grave warrior for a surprise font grab is extremely strong and people know fw does it, but rarely is anyone prepared for it.

7. Sokolov

Yea, the fact that it extends contesting range by 1 is something that people easily overlook, but is primarily viable because of the targeted nature of the deploy.

Burrow, of course, don't drop a cat immediately, so even if it was targeted it wouldn't work.

Germ engine does trigger immediately, but is summoned.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- extends by 2 right? champion is two spaces away , drops relic one space away, deploys skelly one space away from relic ... or does it not work that way

super71 likes this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

well contesting range includes the relic itself. But if you wanna go super hardcore. 2x graveyard extends contesting range by 4 (SO OP)

Sokolov likes this.
  10. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

make the grave warrior that comes from it have that font abillity that stops it from contesting fonts and then make graveyard 30 nora and 15-20 for the grave warrior (also could probably make his hp a little more chunkier to compensate); could also keep the hp loss on shrine. I think it has to stay real so that it works with vengeful and being that the only real issue with being real is contesting fonts I surmise that that'll fix the problem.

11. Sokolov

I mean it extends it by 1 relative to normal relics. Players should typicall expect ap + 1 contest range but in this case it is ap + 2.

12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

if you change graveyard to summons, it would make many decks unviable due to their need of real units. Cleric of unrest, a top tier support for FW and key piece, rite of regen would not work.

I think it is pretty stupid to have gy as it is, but its not the TIME to change things, when FW afaik are not very op right now.

Perhaps just making the units have font ignorance is the most suitable nerf?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That's how you contest IS fonts with FW using summons in spread out maps with skellingtons, yeah.

Used to be real. Probably was part of the tree nerfs back when they nerfed take root, made young saplings and gutted a bunch of the runes.

The only reason I haven't started a petition for this turbocancer faction to be deleted is because I know FW and UD are aesthetically pleasing to the lowest common denominator gamurs.

Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

FW superior flavor balances out the bonus

15. super71

I think grave warriors should get font ignorance, remain real champs, and get a speed increase and health increase to make up for the ignorance part.

16. themacca

Totally approve of font ignorance, graveyard contesting strikes me as a non-issue but if it bothers every one else so much go for it. Disagree with them getting a health buff though. 2 reasons,

1. They come out every 2 rounds we don't need 20+ HP units being spawned every other round for no nora without other investments.
    2. Mah Essence devourer synergy

Evidently all your opinions on this topic are entirely unbiased then & we should take all your arguments 100% seriously.

17. themacca

You forgot greenhouse which costs nora but is instant & targeted

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

too bad relics can't be 2x2 otherwise that would solve the font contesting issue.

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

no one even plays pox and ya'll still mad about fw.

20. themacca

actually games looking pretty active atm

Etherielin and Gnomes like this.