Elzari Bazaar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBadguy, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Delete this tbh

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

nobody even knows how good it is so w/e

3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

It’s very good indeed.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Moving my replies re: this rune from the GY thread to here instead, future replies will go in this thread :D

~

So the main aspect which tend to be complained about in regards to the Bazaar is the early game font grabbing - which stands out now especially since we have largely curbed most of the ways of doing this (so any remaining ones do tend to stand out). At the same time, this isn't all that the rune is good for.

The change to Shrine Exertion when Exertion was nerfed was intended to keep this rune playable, but it may have ended up making this rune too good.

In general spot AP is going to be good (and like many really good Spells/Relics, your opponent isn't going to use these unless the immediately impact is going to worth it, so you only see it in the "best" situations, typically), but this of course is also long-term SPD bonus basically, which is probably the more powerful aspect in the long run even if the early font grabbing is the one that gets the most attention.

I'll put it on my list. I may also just do a general review of the Markets too, if there's time. In the meantime, if there are suggestions on what to replace Shrine Exertion with, feel free. As long as it is an existing ability or effect, it's pretty easy to change.

Tweek516 likes this.
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Going purely by thematics - how powerful would granting guiding spirit be? It's not a balanced suggestion, just wondering what level of strength to look for here.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Like sok said, it's definitely the spot AP and long term speed boost that breaks this rune. The early font grabbing is fine.

Fentum likes this.
  7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Flat out exertion that way they cant use this ability every turn. Also it has a 2 turn cooldown so they cant use it for font contesting.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  8. Sokolov

The original intention of changing it to Shrine Exert was to keep it more similar to what it was, but it's probably fine being the new Exertion in terms of how it aligns with the other Markets.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Only problem I have with it being exertion is that this impacts an already nerfed interaction with Tome of Hate.
    Shrine exertion was useful in keeping it from self imploding.

Would help if some other units had shrine exertion to help make tome more runnable with the loss of this from bazar.

10. Sokolov

I'll look into this idea. There are other things too, like Scorn and Draw Power.

yobanchi likes this.
  11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

*coughs*

12. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Speaking of markets, this refunds relics created by bag of filth so you might wanna look into all non runedock created equips becauase this behaves like how brews and markets did.

13. Sokolov

Not surprised by this, to be honest. Market was created before designers had an understanding of runedock vs non-runedock.

Thanks for the report.