Buff blade of the snake

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nivekflakes, Nov 30, 2017.

1. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

So let's do simple comparison:
    BotS 30 nora-unit loses 5 life every turn, if melee gets +5 dmg
    Crystal Spike 25 nora-gives +3 dmg always and if melee gives chill 3

So let us just look at melee units for the moment the snake gives +5 dmg and the spike gives +3 and chilled 3
    for a 6 speed unit it could double tap 3 times every 5 rounds
    snake 40 extra dmg (8 attacks)
    spike 24 extra dmg + 12 from chilled on the 4 rds after the first

so the snake only comes out about 4 extra dmg, maybe more if cleanse or immunity to chilled. Now the snake also causes 5 loss of life per turn and doesn't give any benefits to ranged units. I realize there could be a small utility in using the snake on an opposing ranged unit, but that seems rather inefficient. It is also 5 nora more expensive

Conclusion Blade of the snake could use a little something extra to bring it more in line with crystal spike. maybe poison, it is a snake blade ;)

fogandsteel likes this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Why would you play BotS when this spell exists? Note that any buff to the equip other than nora cost buffs this too.
    [​IMG]

sirvile and Xirone like this.
  3. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Wow did not know about this spell. So not only UD has the perfect use of their faction bonus in champ development by devs, also they have the perfect spell to buff it even more.

Wish KF had such super spells to buff speed/ap too.

4. nivekflakes

That is kinda my point. Of course if blade is buffed the spell may have to be looked at.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

BOTS can be used on an opponent.

6. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

And Mandate from Sheoul can't?

7. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Reticulated Splinehawk --> Forest's Embrace --> Time Slip

8. nivekflakes

I mentioned that in my post, but the uses on an opponent would be small as you wouldn't want to use it on a melee champ

9. Etherielin

Timeslip is banned in ranked.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You can if you like giving your opponent Quest: Kill Enemy for -5 HP a turn at 35 nora.

11. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Which is actually pretty powerfull as a secondary use for a 35 nora spell... considering how often i myself fnd using a AOE spell at 45-60 nora just to kill off a champ who has a few HP left...

DiCEM0nEY and sirvile like this.
  12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Orb of Protection is your utility friend here...

sirvile likes this.
  13. sirvile

sirvile The King of Potatoes

Man, i love this spell almost as much as bloodstained claws.

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Tfw @Sokolov realizes the amount of work he has to do for this game and goes into hiding for six months.

1510436151736.jpg

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It's useful in shrine rush decks, and is much cheaper than mandate of shoul.

Even in normal decks it's plus 14 damage on a double attack for 30 Nora of -5 damage per turn on an enemy ranged or passive unit, or a spot 5 damage for the kill on any unit. It is also a perseverance counter.

Sure it doesn't make the standard toolset, and mandate is probably better in a meta deck, but it has a lot of uses, and has a home in shrine rush... so not bad at all compared to other 'shoebox' runes.

16. Etherielin

The only change I'd agree with would be making it 25 nora so that it can compete with Mandate a bit more.

Fentum likes this.