Unsleeved media banned for life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

anyone here have an insight on this? latest victim of the harassment fad. seriously people, if you have a job, do not use social media.

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

banned for life for criticizing a cosplayer on his personal live stream and on twitter, who then dramatically "quit" cosplay "forever" because of "2 years of harassment" (of which there was zero evidence...because it was never harassment). Jeremy is an edgyboi, but the only people leading a harassment campaign is this crybully, her male feminist allies (white knights), and virtue signalling, failing WotC.

Free speech is under assault by the new church ladies on the intolerant, puritanical regressive left

OriginalG1 likes this.
  3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

And I'm just sitting here like: "what"? ELI5 anyone?

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yeah never heard of it

Geressen likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No clue.

It's a triggered right wing thing, I guess

Astamir likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

A private business has exercised its legal right to ban a player who was promoting harassment toward its customers and using his association with the business' products to promote personal agendas that the business didn't feel aligned with their business interests.

Golly gee, what a shocker.

Free speech isn't free from consequences.

It's funny how the right loves liberty and freedom until it's used for something they don't like, then it is "regressive."

themacca likes this.
  7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

which would be fine if there was evidence of actual harassment and not just banal criticism

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

My understanding is that he's encouraged his viewership to attend events and harass people and that it has actually occurred. But honestly I didn't look into it too much because it's not of much interest to me so maybe that's fake news.

That said, I do think this is the kind of thing we'll see more and more as companies struggle with the way their content creators act while interacting with their brands in this new media frontier.

Geressen likes this.
  9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

But do you want businesses to be free to ban people, or do you want people free to say anything without consequences.... how do you choose between two mutually exclusive freedoms without being a SJWcomunistfeminazi?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    BurnPyro likes this.
  10. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I would think long and hard about what you are saying and whose speech you think is important

BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

White males who play video games.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

inciting harrasment is bad.
    so he had it coming.
    I still don't quite understand who or what it is we are talking about though.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Nobody is asking the government to interfere with business, so not sure what you're talking about. It's up to consumers to organize and be vocal about our dislike of censorship by corporations and forum moderators.

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

If you want to know what's going on, this is a great and funny breakdown of the controversy

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

*hears the words "virtue signaller used by the person this topic is about at 2:40*
    ah, so one of THOSE people, well I am glad hes banned for life then.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what i don't understand about people who routinely use the phrase "virtue signalling" is that they seem unaware that using that phrase is, in itself, "virtue signalling"

it's just what people do

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  17. Astamir

Astamir I need me some PIE!

There's this exact problem with people saying "don't drive your ideology down my throat, man!" not realizing any kind of cultural product will by definition promote an ideology. Maybe that ideology is "I hate politics and don't care about it". It's still an ideology.

18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

mtg and Warhammer. not the places I expected to see the sexual harassment issue being played out.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Time for personal responsibility!

Geressen likes this.
  20. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

did someone say 40k witch hunt?
    [​IMG]

Geressen likes this.