Discussion: Pox Nora Holiday 2017 Sale!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Won't his value drop though?

2. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I don't see any trades up for him or any requests in the trading forum though. If I saw a trade up with someone offering a handful of other LEs or something I might be interested in trying to snag him for trade fodder.

3. EternalSeito

EternalSeito The King of Potatoes

Miniature action figures and ceramic figurines of the best runes from each faction anyone? I would buy that! ;)

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

All 8 of those reskins are very rare and hard to find. 5 of those LE runes you cannot even buy from poxbox for cash because they have zero in stock. I'll trade for any of them (overbid in Legs/Exos or good bid in other LEs). Pm if interested. (Also looking for Outcast De'lim)

PS. If you are looking specifically for Red Minister, then poxbox cash store has 1 copy left. That way your odds of getting one increase from 1/8 to 1.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'd be hugely surprised if people are still buying from 3rd party stores at a time like this.

There's no point getting cheaper runes if you no longer have a game to play them on.

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I am! I buy the occasional rune from Poxbox to complete themed BGs. Can’t be bothered sharding as it takes so long.

There is a bunch of nice chaps playing regularly and chatting on discord. @MaruXV @Etherielin etc.

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

he's unfortunate enough to know we are there;)

actually i also use pbox almost only to get unforgeable runes that i can't trade. for forgeable ones, i just buy 5000gold decks and shard them ;)

8. EternalSeito

How accessible are the top end runes from forging?

9. Fentum

I believe one can shard any non limited rune as long as it isn’t from the current expansion.

10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

exactly, you can forge ANY rune from ANY expansion except last one(planar disturbance) . If you use your gold to buy 5000gold premade decks and then shard them , you get a lot of value and can forge a lot of stuff.

11. EternalSeito

That makes things easy. Good move.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh yeah, it wasn't a comment on population, just that it seems surprising that people would be supporting 3rd party sites over pox with pox in its current state.

13. Fentum

I have no way to support Pox. Believe me, I would be happy to just give them my money, as I do to support Board Game Geek. I have been saying that for many years now. I LOVE the game but hate the CCG aspect.

14. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Well now we don't have a choice. PB will shut down soon. Rune forge is all that we have left.

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its not that bad. with 1 week of 2 matches a day you can buy a 2000+ shards of stuff. doesnt seem taxing to me. For last expansion's runes, you need to trade.I mean, it is ok for DoGs to try to earn something, they are not an NGO ;)

16. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

Ya I meant that now we have no other way to spend/obtain runes other than on in game Packs/forge. Good for the game I guess.

17. nitebane21

And here's the problem with those packs costing $20. I can spend $20 on a real CCG like MTG and have a decent chance of pulling something worth 3-figures. Or I can spend $20 on the Holiday reskin and pull 1 rune worth less than $15. How collectible are the cards when the latest limited, rare runes depreciate as soon as you buy them?

fogandsteel likes this.
  18. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable than myself can shed light on why the MTG model works so much better than whatever Pox currently does.

19. nitebane21

Millions of people playing worldwide vs dozens. Probably the biggest reason, though there a hundreds of other factors.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There's a lot to unpack, but I will give a very brief rundown:
    1. When MTG first started, it was an offline, social-based game. This meant that the blind repeat nature of the packs was a source of excitement for players - as it was both a physical and a social experience.
    2. Additionally, since you largely played with your own peer group (unlike online play), you were almost certainly only playing against people who had similar means than you (so even tho it's "pay to win" to some extent, if you are all a bunch of grade school kids, you are probably all paying similar amounts)
    3. The entire approach (gameplay, model, etc.) was more novel then.
    4. MTG introduced a rotation system early
    5. MTG has a limited format (draft/sealed deck) tied to the business model (something Pox never did well even when it was available)
    6. MTG has a lot more players
    7. Each rune in Pox costs a lot more to produce than any individual card in MTG

Etherielin, MaruXV and fogandsteel like this.