Sad to say

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Runegod, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Pox is dead, the devs need to accept that and develop a strategy for a pox 2 or just shut it down.

Also has anyone noticed how dead the forums are now without super ? His annoying posts before he left were the only thing happening around here.

newsbuff likes this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

The game isn't dead and neither are the forums. You only see what you want to see.

attio26 and MrCharles like this.
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

this is a helpful thread,

Good Job

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

7am EU midnight US of a working day, still 10 games up. Game with a 40 players tournament running. Tons of posts about BGs on forum. Tons of people everyday on Discord. You mean this game hasn't Heartstone playerabase? sure, it will never have. Also, if you think its dead, why are you here? You feel the urge of saving all of us poor players addicted that cannot go away from it? Its ok, thanks for kindness, be on your way to a "better" game, you should find a ton of them.
    also, its not like now that super is finally gone we need replacement. There are enough people complaining for no particular reason (yes, you are one of them).

5. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

This thread proves the game is alive. Pox as usual.

Pox Nora is dead. Long live Pox Nora.

attio26 and MaruXV like this.
  6. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

pox isn't dead,
    its more like undead :)

Morfeas, attio26, MrCharles and 2 others like this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

nerf fw

8. themacca

shhhh

9. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

My favorite part about the game being dead is that there are still tons of players to game against.

MrCharles, Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

11. bambino

I think now the biggest problem for pox is the ui more the the game,, ui is terrible on so many levels not even worth listing.
    But as a long time player,, the game itself is in pretty good shape,, of course theres bugs and a few things need the hand of balance,
    but theres plenty of themes, combos and synergy,, tons of flavor and lore,, id say( barring the ui), pox is in the most playable state ive ever seen.
    I am optimistic.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    MaruXV likes this.
  12. Runegod

Ty

13. Runegod

You do realize professional companies aren't ran like this right ? 10 games up ? So 20 people playing, that's not even enough money to keep the servers up.

The time will come shortly

14. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

That's 10 games in ranked. SP always has a lot of players and never goes below 150 users at any point of day.

15. bambino

idk that it takes alot of $$$ to keep the servers running,,
    as is,, it probably doesnt cost much at all once everything is in place.
    adding content, fixing and patching the game/ui etc. thats when one has to start peeling $$$.(time is money).
    But left as is,, I dont think it cost that much at all.
    The games been in this state for some time,,, so if DoG was losing money on a
    daily basis,, im pretty sure they would have taken measures to cut losses by now.

its the new content that worries me.
    in other words, all the work put into a new set,, programming, coding new art and everything that goes with it.

The cost of all that,, against what we buy,
    is the second figure greater then the first figure? if so, by alot? enough for them to/to want to continue and do it again?
    these are question that are worrisome to me .

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Seriously how much more is the Devs going to try to milk the expansion?
    Time for the new expansion I’m guessing they don’t have people do play

17. themacca

They're not "milking the expansion" that's honest to god a ridiculous statement since every body knows that a new expansion will generate more $ in 1 week than this 1 will until it's over.

They're busy with other Bane Shift atm and are spread out across development atm.

Etherielin likes this.
  18. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

It's funny you should say that because when I left this game for the first time back in 2011 there were people saying that exact same thing (hell I might have been one of em'). Then when I came back for awhile and quit again a few years later I noticed there were again alot of people saying the same thing (and I was absolutely one of them). Now it's 2018 Pox is still going and I'm tired of sounding like an idiot and spewing off negative bullshit that helps nothing and makes me look like a whining ****. This go around I figure I'll just keep my mouth shut and marvel that it's still here each and every day I boot it up and find the servers are still running.

attio26 likes this.
  19. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

this turned into an excellent thread

20. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

It's such a special game that if it were discontinued I would be interesting in purchasing a license just to allow it to run on my own servers, perhaps a non-commercial license just to run the game.

MrCharles, Gnomes and attio26 like this.