The Power of ST versus TinyDragon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I dont really understand why broodlord hasnt been removed from rank, other runes which are known to be bugged have either been fixed or temporarily banned, the rules seems inconsistent. I dont think SL should be classed as OP due to a bug.

TheBulwark and nepyonisdead like this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I've played versus a good is deck. Most of their power comes from their runes which have great healing, as well as some bonkers runes.

But come on, you can't honestly say that FW has more than 2 or 3 op runes when compared to the top factions - especially if we consider ritual is one of their best utilities soon to be nerfed.

Mid level st rune = high level FW rune, aside from ED, bcs? I just quit because I honestly don't think the game is competitive, and I don't think it is balanced nor designed well atm. Some players may disagree, but honestly idc.

3. DiCEM0nEY

I think that is sort of the point - it supposed to be off the top of your head.

Also, I'm not sure skull qualifies as fantastic compared to arctic wail or crystal phoenix.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Given that skull makes Phoenix useless for less than half it's cost those 2 are very comparable

5. DiCEM0nEY

Skull may make crystal phoenix useless, but that doesn't mean it is better, or that 1 skull shuts down all healing.

I don't agree that skull is that good - you are paying 20 nora for a rune that is extremely easy to play against. Seism screening isn't all that relevant. There are enough counters to FW relics where it isn't reliable to rely on relic heavy decks competitively. Especially ut and defensive graveyard (try it, even kalasle, chief advocate for relics gets upset at trigger and wail)

If you want to say every faction has some op runes, that's fine, but quite honestly FW doesn't have much compared to others.

Also, just saying attrition is really vague. You mean utilizing the FW bonus? Because that thing rarely wins games compared to other bonuses.

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Can someone please tell me which UD runes are OP as I would LOVE to add them to my BGs!

All recommendations welcome...

;8)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Etherielin and MaruXV like this.
  7. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

If an ability that was created this expansion cycle and is effectively available to two factions is holding the entire metagame in check, this game has some deep, fundamental problems. I'm not a fan of the ritual changes, but I think it's premature to predict that we are entering the era of the skeezick rioter.

re: icefang, I think that rearranging the deck chairs is a legitimate end for the game right now. Even if it doesn't have a huge impact on the meta, it's nice to have a fresh set of OP after a while (though icefang in particular hasn't really overstayed its welcome in the same way that manticore or swarm owl have).

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

How very DARE you!

UNGA BUNGA?

UD is all about elegance and panache.

9. PoxBot

PoxBot I need me some PIE!

ME UNGA YOU BUNGA

Bondman007, Etherielin and Fentum like this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

I really would play this game and probably purchase things if it was modernized personally. I sort of hope it gets sold to an enthusiast/ company again.

11. DiCEM0nEY

And the balance sucks

12. DiCEM0nEY

Wats SV?

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Balance is also pretty incredible atm.

14. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Fixed it for you. ;)

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  15. Elric

Awwwwwwwwwwwww...TinyDragon finally lost his #1 title...he should've played ST after all...<sigh>...

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  16. Elric

Well, Tiny is back on top! I did not see his games though. Could anyone tell me what deck he changed to?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  17. Elric

Plants...interesting...thanks for the answer!

Tiny should really just play ST and steamroll everyone...but then, I guess it would be so boring for him as there'd be no challenge.

18. DiCEM0nEY

In theory.