So Pc Client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JTAvenged, Aug 24, 2017.

1. JTAvenged

JTAvenged The King of Potatoes

Are they going to a revamp for the pc client, Or are we stuck with the Playstation override.

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Lmao, this was the revamp.

JTAvenged and Baskitkase like this.
  3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- For some reason now I "HAVE" to use steam version of client, I can't get the regular download to work after the client changed. I hate using steam for anything and I feel it's what made the game glitchier for me now

4. JTAvenged

JTAvenged The King of Potatoes

I feel like the old version was much more superior for the computer client, This new one is just for consoles. imo

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's unfortunate =/

they traded the ability to do hot patches whenever they want to, slowed down development time significantly, and introduced so many bugs and issues...I know they gained something from the trade but I have no idea what exactly, and it couldn't of been an equal trade.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They didn't trade the ability to do hot patches whenever they wanted to. The staff is busy supporting other games and less available to work on Pox.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

nah by putting it on sony I assume it's take away their ability to hot patch as everything needs to go through their approval process to avoid the live client from getting out of sync with th vita and ps4 builds.

then again maybe you are right I have no idea, but my explanation seems more likely to me.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Only for major client stuff. Basically, only if we are changing something substantial does it need to go thru Sony's FQA process - for example, if we were to add Drafts. They are mostly concerned about things that impact compatibility (i.e. does the game run properly on the console, does it display properly on TVs, etc.).

If we want to fix some typos in a menu, they don't care about that.

~

Content/balance stuff, including expansion releases, can still be done without that kind of approval.

Etherielin and Chris like this.