Ban Ice Stars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by potatonuts, Jan 17, 2018.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

The spell causes me serious lag usually crashhing my client alltogether, I know I'm not the only one who experiences this either. Im thinking it should be banned until this issue with spell effects is resolved.

Kampel likes this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I am willing to agree with this - my brand new laptop almost drops me from the match while being able to play the latest releases on ultra. Makes no sense.

@Sokolov

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

couldn't sokojust place holder the effect to something like arctic wail?bannin seems a bit absurd.

hell use the effect from nora freeze, it's not like anyone has seen it before to compare it.

Kampel likes this.
  4. potatonuts

Agreed, it is a bit of a blunderbuss solution but i was just thinking of a simple means to an end. Changing spell effects probably means more coding etc, they might even be able to fix it for the same ammount of work but then i don't really know anything about coding.

5. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

It is the one that puts ice up on your nora total/runedock, if I remember rightly.

6. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

I like Ice Stars too much to want it banned.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Global spells Firking up the game surprise, remove everything global, or just remove the animation affect.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Changing the visual isn't something I know how to do, and even if I did it'd require a patch. Banning doesn't.

Etherielin likes this.
  9. Voidtrain

but muh ice stars

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Sorry :(

11. Voidtrain

upload_2018-1-18_15-21-57.png

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

13. potatonuts

[​IMG]

Now ban Kento, she also makes me lag.

14. calisk

Really? That should honestly just be a variable stored in your codes equivalent to a pref or attr file...the point about a patch is sound though. That said broken runes are usually what patches are for

15. potatonuts

I would love for DoG to have the resources to drop hotfixes like that.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Ice stars is op

17. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Yes please nerf it and remove the dmg effect and reduce the nora cost to like 20.

18. calisk

I assume none of you guys play other tcgs if you think this, it has no immediate effect on the game, and the effect it has is completely controlled by the opponent, that is to say they can wait out the efect taking a more defensive posture immediately putting you at a 35 nora disadvantage or attacking through it knowing the damage and cc it causes is worth less then the kills they will be getting on top of the 35 nora you spent to cast it, sure this isn't the same as being avoidable, but it could have near to no significant effect on the game while at best will likely have a lower impact then a well timed aoe, and vastly less impact then a gale or mobilization.

it takes one hell of an effect to even be considerable as playable when the rune has no immediate effect, an example of this is snowblind in a UD heavy meta, or something comparable, where if the effect catches something like a sac it will out right win you the game most of the time, but in other match ups it will be cast and nothing will come of it.

end of the day if ice stars wasn't banned you should of taken it out of the deck for some better offensive choices and your deck would of performed better for it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  19. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Why is Ice Stars global and not AOE? Oh right, ST.

20. calisk

would that make it balanced to you? I'm unclear why, please elaborate.

if it's simply because global abilities should be changed to aoe's well i guess we can go that route CS could become an aoe, as could Mobil, Chopping blocks, draconic benediction, divine healing, etc. but I suspect you just don't like that it exists as an Global in ST.

Quite frankly as stated prior I would never use this rune in my life, it's fundamentally flawed tactically from a concept level, as such no reasonable amount of nerfes would ever make this rune look any different to me. as such if it was changed to a single target spell that cost 90 nora and had the damage removed I would still consider it just as bad as it is now, as a rune that should never be played cannot get any worse in my books then that rating.

That said you think it would balanced in your book if it was an AOE? why specifically do you think that? what rune are you using as a balancing point? ice stars at most will likely cause around 20-30 points of damage never resulting in a kill across multiple champions over multiples rounds, with some slight AP reduction but nothing you don't commit to before you attack, something like price of victory would likely result in 30+ extra damage on targeted champs of your choice to get a kill immediately, some healing, and quite possibly the loss of fonts or any other benefit extra AP can give. mobil for significantly more nora is basicaly spot removal at the amount of extra damage caused by it, so what is the bench mark we are trying to balance it against? are you looking at blister and saying...ya that's the spell we want to balance against? which btw as far as global damage goes blister is more effective at it really. I'd take 8 to everything up front as compared to 0-15 over 2 rounds any day, but that would only be true if they cost the same nora.

btw for what it's worth I think nerfing any rune at this point is a waste of time but if I must i can engage in this forums pass time, at least at superficial level

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018