Game Direction Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raikan, Jan 21, 2018.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I will state as dice has pointed out I probably shouldn't of said bland and lifeless. to me they are, but to everyone else they may not be, I honestly enjoyed corpse's power creep and numerous interesting abilities that were released every expansion during that era that always left me contemplating the numerous possibilities, and those original designs for many of those champions have IMO been lost or changed in numerous cases.

I liked when two heroes of the same faction being played in mirror matches would kill both heroes, I know this is probably the dumbest thing to bring up as an example right now but it was the first thing to come to mind, it was game flavor stating that only one of these could exist while at the same time giving you a high cost way to instant kill your mirrors hero, so added tactical play as well. To me this one change is the microcosm example of the reason I'm not happy with mot of the changes.

The change simplified the game at the cost of flavor and tactical play because it was simply too small of a thing to care about, and most people probably me included at the time were happy about it as it made things easier for new players.

things like ambassadors causing truce locks, and heroes being the over efficient center pieces, cliffs acting like cliffs and not walls, etc These are all things people want an cheer for when they are gone but to me each and every one detracts from the flavor and tactical play of poxnora.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think that things like this are still possible with the current parameters, and the recent invoke abilities were an attempt to bring powerful abilities with interesting, and often game changing, effects back into the game.

I personally think that the implementation didn't go far enough - that the design was bottled a bit out of fear of being imbalanced, or maybe it was just overestimated how strong they would be - but the idea was the right one imo, and i hope in the future we'll get another set of invoke abilities that have really strong effects.

3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

ffs calisk, it's should have not should of.

4. calisk

=(

wait where did I say should of? I may of already corrected it, I spot so many errors in my essay long rants that I'm always editing the things

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

you constantly say that, that's why im making a point of correcting you.

6. calisk

ah a pre-mature/late correction, makes sense, good to keep them in the bank i suppose

7. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I gotta say i really miss the secure fonts ability on Ambassadors. That was their key ability and it got nerfed to the ground. I didnt see a problem with anyone deploying thier ambassador and then securing fonts. Like calisk said that was a tactic. That wasnt a gimmick or abuse of combo bt any means.