Poxbox will close 1st of February

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Dec 21, 2017.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I suspect the decline in trades on the site is more due to the cryptominer on the site than the game having less active users.

2. nivekflakes

nivekflakes I need me some PIE!

It is why I stopped using it for awhile. My antivirus software started flagging the programs.

3. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

I also get a virus warning. How does this cryptominer work? I mean, what negative effects will it have on my pc?

4. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Long-term damage on graphics card.

5. fogandsteel

Well, if that helps to support a new field of software development comrade Decondor sees emerging which will help the transition from the world we live in now (world of scarcity) to the world of tomorrow (a world of abundance) where working is no longer required to survive, then it's a small sacrifice.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Here's a bit more detailed article about it: https://themerkle.com/is-mining-cryptocurrency-bad-for-my-gpu-in-the-long-run/

7. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

I made runes and shards from poxbox, but no real money. It is helpful.

It is against Term of Service for sure, but none of us can say that poxbox is illegal.

We assume everything is legal until they are judged illegal. No one here has the right to judge poxbox, we r not judge.

DId Desert Owl INC. win a suit between them and poxbox? The suit does not even exist!

Poxbox in fact helped this game for long time, and as long as Desert Owl INC. does not care, I don't mind either.

8. eriwgam

eriwgam New Member

What kind of price are you looking for? Also, can you keep it open for the entire day of the first? Ill give you money if you do!

9. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

RIP Poxbox. I sincerely hope this doesnt kill off what remains of the game. At end of the day it isnt hard to trade or use the Forge. Im glad i came back and found Pox is still running and im still able to play a few games when i have time. Would be sad if the game died completely.

10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Alright, I waited a month in case things changed but they haven't.
    @decondor I am still unable to access the trader. I can log in with my account details just fine, but when I try to go from the home page to the trader I get the pop up about your coinminer being blocked and then the page crashes. And then the site doesn't function at all. Tried this on multiple browsers, same result in all of them. Please advise on how I can redeem my credits.

fogandsteel likes this.
  11. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Odd i had no issues using the site or trader. Traded in and out some junk this morning.

12. fogandsteel

I have the same problem. Maybe you can disable your cryptocurrency miner for 1 day. ??

13. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I run Adblock Plus and No Coin in Crome. I don't have any problems.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. fogandsteel

Perhaps I have an issue with my Internet service provider.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  15. Morfeas

You know what I'm gonna love? Trying to redeem 3m points once he shuts it down whilst also not responding to messages. That's gonna be hella fun.

16. fogandsteel

I have 4.6 mil sitting there.

17. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I spent 10mil last few days.

Down to peanuts now.

fogandsteel likes this.
  18. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I only have 53k but couldn't find anything worth spending it on

19. fogandsteel

Not sure if decondor just fixed something, but a few minutes ago I was finally able to use the online trader; however, the cash trader still gives me a virus warning page. Anyways, went from 4.6 mil to 63 credits. Thank you @decondor for providing a valuable service for so long to so many. Best of luck in your cryptomining and other projects!

20. Morfeas

Thanks for the alert.