What is the most OP spell in the game, considering its price?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ballballer, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

And why is it Swap?

themacca likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Sacrifice

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Read title. Came here to say Swap. Too late :/

4. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

*choo* *choo*

5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

And to think it didnt have a limit of 8 spaces at one point (i think im right)

6. calisk

it had no limit at first, like gale nobody realized how god it was till a few of us started using it.

it went from full map to 10, to 8, and now 5.

in corpse era so many crazy spells go released that he had no idea how good they were, sadly after buying them he nerfed many of them into utter trash.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont really think it will be balanced until it is changed to target the ST players rune instead of the opponents.

E.g. "Target champion swaps places with the nearest opposing unit of the same size within X spaces."

As it is its basically 'Super-Pull' with a bit of added mobility on top.

MaruXV likes this.
  8. calisk

meh the range does more damage to it then that will, but if by balanced you mean "never used" you can keep hitting it, like many things it will eventually get there.

baby steps...heh, just another way to say "shoe box without people complaining."

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am not a fan of the "nerf until unplayable" strategy. I just dont like things that dont have much in the way of counter-play.

10. calisk

tbh i don't disagree I prefer things to have counter play, and if it was changed to a self targeting spell I'd be fine with it, but whethe it's still playable or not after 5 range nerf and a self targeting nerf I have no idea, but I suspect keeping it playable is not most peoples goal.

but how do you counter play a mobil? how about a vertical push? i mean lots of things exist without counter play, and in terms of power a gale is superior to a swap in the majority of situations, but meh swap does it's own degree of mental damage because as you said it makes people feel like they couldn't do anything about it.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What's worse? ST right now with x2 Swap, or when Mirefolk and x2 Drown was a thing?

12. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

For the record, I have been adamant for almost my entire pox career in saying that swap is the most OP spell in the game. It's almost become a joke at this point, but is nonetheless true

themacca and MaruXV like this.
  13. calisk

Really? I never knew :rolleyes:

In other news i play st a lot

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

The problem with ST is that they have too many spells that are good, and you really can't play against them all efficiently (Some are so good you can't play efficiently anyways).

15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Thank you for bringing attention to ice stars being Op, no1 else does. Arctic wail also only costs 25 nora for a potential full relic clear jsing.

As for ED, it obviously is strong, but I have to be honest it isn't THAT much better than soul bane, and gets twice as much flak.

16. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Yeah is there a counterplay vs. Ice Stars? If there is I haven't found it yet and I'm not too proud to ask for help. Swap is crazy good sure but i've gotten use to that just wrecking my day. With Ice Stars I'm not even sure if it should wreck my day but it always has thus far.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ehh, I don't agree with ST having too many good spells. As someone who plays IS and ST, my IS bgs use plenty of different spells whereas with ST I use the same spell set for nearly every BG.

18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

What do you mean by "play efficiently" in this context?

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

nah you're just on the nerf train, bandwagoner

20. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

BurnPyro and PoxBot like this.