Player Expansion Preview/Discussion (Wrath Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 8, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

changing skeleton minotaur to frenzied (i assumed that was a zombie?)

Either way, if u can change one unit's race, I dont see why you can't change the others (zombies)

Death Nova: Blood Magic is blood magic when a unit dies.

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think most of the major deviations from the original concept happened because the art turned out different than expected. In the case of the minotaur, he doesn't really look like a skeleton. Sure, he's got a couple ribs sticking out, which is weird for a non-undead champ, but he has wayy too much flesh to have race:skeleton.

Death nova: Blood magic would just be an 8 damage loss of life nova that bloodies, right? Since the healing component doesn't matter to a dead champion. Seems really low-impact, and doesn't help vampires that much. If we're giving it a new ability, something like Familiar would be cool instead, because crows and ravens can act as familiars for the dark magic used by vampires and witches.

3. DiCEM0nEY

It wouldn't be low impact if it didn't cost much. Blood magic not healing immediately is a big deal. They need a cheap 30 nora unit to ram down peoples throats.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No, it was a Skeleton. Why do you think something called SKELotaur would be a zombie???

Because the art is already done for all the runes.

Also, people designed these runes, so unless THEY want me to change it away from zombie AND the art fits, I probably wouldn't do it just because you don't think it's a big deal.

In any case, it's a bit late in the game now to want dramatic overhauls like changing races and adding new abilities. Feel free to add runes into the Rune Ideas forum (or save them for the next time we do one of these expansions).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  5. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

well i still want to remove race:undead,skeleton from stitched skeleform,sok pls,makes no sense

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Lol nooooo don't touch those races...yes Spare Parts is why

SireofSuns likes this.
  7. DiCEM0nEY

It looks like a zombie, and didn't bother to read the changes while I was on the toilet.

8. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Could i get a sneak peak of the Komodo Artillery? :rolleyes:

9. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

'sigh' hopefully I'll be in one of my PoxNora kicks during that same time, unlike for this one. :(

aseryen likes this.
  10. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Yeah I just so happened to go to school during the year the player made expansion was being designed; I still played but was less active on the forums. And overall I would say designing a rune would be far more an achievement than reaching lvl 99 or maxing out a shrine.

I'm waiting for the next player made expansion, but I would be more than ecstatic if I could get some designs pushed through.

Gargoyles
    Ospyrians
    Lich
    Vampyre

Consume
    Rock Defiance
    -genesis
    Sustain: X

Idt it's that much of a challenge designing runes, especially if a criteria is established to limit specific interactions and encourage the ones the game is lacking.

There should be rune design rounds where each faction goes through and creates a new rune with X ability; get a comprehensive discussion on why 'Reflexes' is better on base vs upgrades and any specific stipulations that would require Reflexes on an upgrade over base line.

It's easy enough to pull some abilities together for what a player thinks is necessary but the feedback is little to none. Are there certain STATSs that become problematic when their numbers are X for a specific race:class. Or are there already designs that have been theorized with those abilities and it's just been decided no?

Poxnora is bounded; if not by the lack of numbers interacting with the game, certainly by the devs resistance to design specific things. Not that resistance is bad, we wouldn't be able to make runes if DoGz just pumped out designs so I'm at least aware of that. However with this in mind can we create a standard, a template for champions to be designed in and is it at all possible to get a timeline established; especially if lore is what prevents runedesigns. It makes perfect sense to have Grintmaws/Trolls in FS with The Collective, and a lot of other races so if there is resistance for any specific mechanic to be designed we should know why. Cause Poxnora isn't as complex as it has been made out to be. I started playing this game when I was 12 and can certainly say it is kid friendly, especially now with all the percentages nearly gone. The only thing nonkid friendly about this game is the limited player base which will turn people away. I stuck it out because there was a lot more going on and Poxnora wasn't even a year old at the time.

There is not a single game today I would jump into and say, this is my new Poxnora, let's roll. So I would hope that the devs are aware their playerbase is filled with fanatics. I have played Poxnora longer than Sok has been a developer, that's not to say I know more but it should also not be discredited.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yea, it was up for awhile, but obviously I can't keep it open indefinitely, and I have to pick some and get all the other work involved in creating a rune started (art, idol, coding, etc.) :D

SireofSuns likes this.
  12. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I kind of like the zombies are named after their various corpse like traits. I propose meeting in the middle with Carrion Corpse.

Overall I like the look of the FW stuff, though even as a FW player I'm not sure i agree with the addition of more invisible spirit bs :eek:

13. DiCEM0nEY

I was too inexperienced to post a rune suggestion when the contest was offered, however, if I were to make a rune now,

Witchking
    Race: undead, skeleton
    Class: witch
    Range: 1-2
    Abilities
    Desecrated zone 3
    U1: Elsari coven, commander, -armor aura
    U2 pawn, forsaken exploit, hex

Size (2X2) (if 1x1, add aspiring servant and unequippable imo)

Role: tanky support (unless FW bonus is reworked), helps makes some runes such as necromancer have a place
    Cost: ~80-90

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  14. DiCEM0nEY

itll probably be easier to swallow once globals are tuned down.

15. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

like sand through an hour glass, so are the remains of your waiting body...

17. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'm a bit worried that Infected Corpse's role might have gotten lost in the changes to worms, If i'm right he was made by combining two champs so it might be worth referring to those original designs and changing him a bit.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov any chance Minotaur can get fearsome hunter instead of HA2?
    Horrific aura sadly is really outdated abilities (imo should be removed) also fear at this moment quite with more and more units with fearless is becoming les and less useful

19. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Re: the Moga spring dancer: I thought cleanse-like effects were being removed from SP. smart not having ghernbound because most Moga aren’t worth cleansing. I’m not sure if purified will be taken ever. The status affects would have to last a really long time, eg applied on enemy’s turn, relieved on spring dancer’s turn, still there on next spring dancer turn for purified to help.

Re the magnetic slag and voil earthcrusher, with all the relocation affects and Knockback, it would be great if we had more abilities to create damaging terrain (eg lava storm)outside of slags or Knockback terrain (eg force barrier—guess we have crack the earth).

Worldwalker seems very strong in SP for Nora gen—but upgrade line 1 and 2 seem inconsistent. Line 1 has global support abilities. Line 2 seems more useful for a melee font skirmisher. I presume that’s the goal—forcing the unit to be placed in a killable position rather than leaving it safe well behind the battle lines. How will the 7 nora cap on death harvester interact w/ the SP FF bonus--4% counts/does not count towards the 12%/7 nora cap?

Why is the djinn “unstable”—he seems like he’s flexible or indecisive instead

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  20. DiCEM0nEY

How is horrific aura outdated? It feels like one of the more fun abilities in the game right now.