I don't know if anyone listens to comedians

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Feb 9, 2018.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Been watching a lot of bill burr lately, and he cracks me up with his position on politics.

Watch some of his stuff, he's pretty real about everything and always a good laugh.

Figure it might be something nice for a change and some comedy to liven this place up, versus the normal negative nonsense we have.

2. super71

3. super71

Actually believes himself to be a liberal, but doesn't believe in the current liberal ideologies and direction.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's my experience that most comedians can be sorted roughly into "standing up and telling jokes" and "standing up and ranting at people with brief comedic asides"

the latter have some strong representation, and the rants almost always go political

5. super71

Can assure you, he's damn good at both. The funny part is, a lot of the stuff he says is just common sense.

6. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'm a huge bill burr fan. He's such a degenerate, but I do love him (or the persona he is acting as).

Another great comedian imo is norm McDonald, criminally underrated.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I mean if you are not familiar with Jimmy Carr, Dara O'briain, David Mitchell, Romesh Ranganatan, and James Acaster are you even alive?

super71 likes this.
  8. super71

James Acaster is very witty, I like that. Didn't look at any of the other guys yet, when I get more time i'll look into them.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

British panelshows that revolve around comedins as guest just leads to great things, you can find a lot on youtube, sure they also have stand-up, skit shows and comedy series. Mock the week is great even if it is old news now you can watch that on yutubs.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Speaking of Bill Burr
    [​IMG]

super71 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  11. super71

That's really funny

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

really?

I thought it was pretty obvious that living your life to someone elses standards is a bad idea. how is that funny? not "haha"- funny right?

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Hitler had a point when he said "Don't compare yourself to others, it is only an insult to yourself"

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

*gasp*

16. super71

Don't take things so literal, try to lean back and relax now and then you might enjoy it ;). It's American humor I guess, too many people go through life miserable just because they think that's what they need to do. Very few take a path they choose and are successful at, and truly happy.

It's funny because he's right, but many people don't see it that way as Americans were taught from the get go get married, have kids, work until you die. Sadly many people do this because they are programmed from birth

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so it's only funny if you are American?
    that's sad.

18. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Bill burr has a hilarious advice section in his weekly podcast, if you search bill burr advice on youtube , you will gain a wide selection of entertainment.