apparently there was a school shooting in america?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Feb 17, 2018.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Depends how many shooters are mentally disabled?

2. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Uhmmm I'm all for more gun control but where did you get these examples? Chicago has like 600-700 homicides a year the last few years and I'm pretty sure a good deal of those involve firearms. I used to live in Detroit (briefly thank god) and every household I knew of had a gun and there were shooting deaths in my area every other week. Is it really worse than that elsewhere?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...er-the-weekend-in-chicago-20171009-story.html

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why not concentrate them in a few locations, you can call them something like....concentration camps

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he's being sarcastic and ignoring the fact that the US is unable to implement effective gun laws because they are unwilling to do so on a national level because of people like himself and NRA shills.

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I guess we could do some communal shower program for them to save on water or something too

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

while we are at it answering the mentally ill question we should find a way to use all this pesticide gas we have lying around.

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Or secretly execute them

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

we know.

here is the article you mean: https://www.thewrap.com/florida-shooting-survivor-says-cnn-gave-scripted-questions-town-hall-event/
    here is a bit more exapnsive https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...fter_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html

He says:
    They say:
    it's probably a miscommunication between them not the grand unravveling of the new world order you think it is, because you're not as super as you believe, you're not even 1 super, let alone 71, you can't even give us the right links.

10. super71

Yeah and CNN didn't give Hilary the debate questions either, they never lie about anything right Gerry ? Go back to the grassy hills to graze sheep

11. super71

Sarcasm, I'm saying gun control laws are ineffective.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm saying americans are ineffective, so we shouldn't have any.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the way you write and link probably not? you're going to have to work on that if you want to be convincing.\

ignorant.

14. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Gerb's right, it should be grassy hill, everyone knows they've only got the one in the Netherlands. It stands a whole 322m high!

Geressen likes this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

technically with the dissolution of the country of the Netherlands Antilles into the independant island nations of Aruba, Curacao and Sint Maarten the islands of Bonaire, Sint Eustacius. and Saba (AKA BES-islands) are now special muncipialities of the Netherlands meaning the highest point in the Netherlands is a volcano in the carribean.

discounting the BES- islands the highest point would be vaalsberg at 322.4 meters, fun fact, berg is Dutch for mountain and to technically qualify as a mountain something needs to be +350m high.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I only watched a couple of minutes before deciding to post this. Not sure if I will agree completely with everything that is said, but I'm fairly sure that the conversation will be from the heart and not agenda driven.

17. super71

common sense

8:08 cracked me up

What i've noticed though, is every single time after a shooting like this, every government's first response is to ban weapons. List of dictators that took guns away from it's people so they couldn't defend themselves.

Hitler
    Chairman Mao
    USSR

The list goes on, but I figured that was a pretty big start.

No American believes someone with mental health should have the ability to get a gun, no American disagrees with stricter background checks. Anything more than that is an oppressive government looking for more power over it's people.

I think all states should require stricter background checks, nobody with a mental health problem should be allowed to own a gun, and I think you should have to show a license to obtain a gun and go through gun safety training. What about this makes me nuts ?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

20 seconds in and that guy is already blatantly wrong.

wow, 78 out of 80 people shot every day are criminals who deserved it because of corrupt judicial system? have you seen the american system?

skipped to 8 minutes in and he is correct that if there isn't any water nobody would drown, swimming lessons also work. we are working on it but why do you think that is funny?

the part where you accuse the political other of trying to take away all guns and supporting politicians that are paid for by the NRA to block any attempt to do what you just said?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  19. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

so something always bugged with when they bring up numbers in separate countries. When Piers starts listing the death to guns in each country over in Europe and they seem pretty minuscule compared to America's numbers, what doe all the countries combined add up to? America is a big place with a lot of different types of people so of course our numbers are going to be much larger than a much smaller country.

I'm too lazy to find actually statistic but i'm sure america is still much higher than all of Europe, but to throw small numbers out and then 'staggering' numbers from america seems kind of silly. What are the actual numbers total to death by guns?

20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what you want to be comparing is gonna be the percents rather than the flat numbers, though having the flat numbers is valuable too

Geressen likes this.