The new Dream Team website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xaznsoulx, Feb 23, 2018.

?

What features would you like to see most on a Pox fansite?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2019.
  1. A new advanced player run store

51.4%
  2. Updated faction guides/videos

62.2%
  3. An advanced Poxnora database

40.5%
  4. Personal rankings Win/Loss Ratio statistics

32.4%
  5. A better looking forums =)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Hey everyone! As you know our fellow guildmate @Imba is designing our guild website. We just wanted to gather some information from on Pox community on what they would like to see most. We want to appeal to the masses to make the game more accessible to newcomers and also veterans returning from hiatus. Here are some choices of what we intend to do on our new website. Let us know what you feel is lacking, to help better the player experience.

Karamasov and MaruXV like this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see a ranking system outside of what pox offers. I don't trust the current. I'd like to see tracking based on faction and rank as well.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

database poxlist works pretty well now and is going to be upgrade further so no big need. i would focus on trade and guides

Anima26 and xaznsoulx like this.
  4. xaznsoulx

Poxlist may be good, but I want to aim for a database that holds substantially greater utilities.

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I recommend using a live chat over forums, like a pop out window or sth. Let's be honest, these forums are pretty lit. I think a database, some sort of competitive aspect, featured decks with articles and comments (directed discussion) and in game utilities like a chat for example, would be enough to gain major traffic, without splitting the community with forums or other game promotions, which would also net less traffic to your site imo.

6. xaznsoulx

Our guild already has a private discord and I don't see the point of making another chat system. We just wanted to keep the site as updated as possible with all features.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  7. TakeItOver

TakeItOver The King of Potatoes

for example?
    focus on a new automatic trade system ...

8. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Can we have a feature with a weekly Q&A with Tiny on the new website?

9. xaznsoulx

That can be arranged. We do however have other top tier players willing to chime in. Currently 6 in the top 10 and 17 in the top 40.

10. xaznsoulx

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I currently use your site but I do miss a lot of features based off of the old poxbase model.

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

if you tell us which ones we can do somathing about it

12. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Only game I know where the community does more work than the developers

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  13. xaznsoulx

My original intention for making this guild was to retain the veteran community while attracting new players.

Gnomes likes this.
  14. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

Remember, everyone, we're just gathering data on what the community would most like to see. If the consensus is that another database isn't desired in any fashion, then it probably won't be built. We want you to help us help you, so that we can better understand what to build.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  15. TakeItOver

TakeItOver The King of Potatoes

really? I remember the old poxbase site and in my opinion it had less search and ranking features ... but maybe I am wrong ... could you tell us what features you are missing?

16. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think everybody here is just trying to do his best to help pox. @TakeItOver did a great job with poxlist, that now has a bg archive, better server etc... a rune randomizer to play sealed is coming soon, together with new functions. that's why we insisted about leaving the database to poxlist so we don't divide the efforts but focus them on more things. you @xaznsoulx have great players in your guild, guides and videos would be great for the community. maybe even live stream

TakeItOver likes this.
  17. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

A feature where Poxers can challenge any of you to a training game?

18. xaznsoulx

I was thinking something similar of having a challenge board. This would have to coincide with future guild rankings and such.

MaruXV likes this.
  19. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

an automatic pox store just like poxbox but better and faster, no need to give your pox login details just pox name.

it would be fine to charge a % each trade and for the store to make a profit of runes, i guess youd need to for the store to survive and maintain enough of everything.

with deconders system of making runes that are multiples in stock give you less and less credits (till lower limit reached) for selling that rune to the store AND for runes not in stock you get more credits? for selling that rune to the store.

every now and then some of the rune profits could go back into the community somehow. thinking tournament prizes etc. or giving back to the stores customers.

just some ideas...

ideally real money would not change hands on the store.

could allow players to buy and sell runes for money to each other. a marketplace like ebay, with bids or buy it now. rune held in escrow at store untill payment recieved idk

CUR-exo-leg store could be seperate to limited store.

could trade in and see hidden runes while that lasts.

if there is a limited only store players would need to trade in limited runes to get other limiteds.

20. xaznsoulx

That is true. If we were to do something like that, we would aim to minimize profits as much as possible. We want to offer a better system than the forge. On the other hand, a cash-based marketplace does seem nice, but would pretty much be illegal and negate the use of a Pox marketplace. We're not here to take money away from Pox. We want to improve the experience and make it more accessible. Tournaments/Guild Wars/High Elo matches were always my intention when the expansion hits.