The new Dream Team website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xaznsoulx, Feb 23, 2018.

?

What features would you like to see most on a Pox fansite?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2019.
  1. A new advanced player run store

51.4%
  2. Updated faction guides/videos

62.2%
  3. An advanced Poxnora database

40.5%
  4. Personal rankings Win/Loss Ratio statistics

32.4%
  5. A better looking forums =)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

I know. It's just a personal opinion. I felt like poxbase had smoother interface/toggling options. I also never experienced a crash on there.

2. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

Building a new rune store intrigues me from a technical point of view, but I'm not sure we have the capital to launch one. Between all of us, we still certainly do not have a collection the size of which would be familiar to those of you coming from poxbox.

3. TakeItOver

TakeItOver The King of Potatoes

okay I see ... its not about the features (because poxlist has more features than the old poxbase, I just checked some old screenshots) its more about your personal taste of website style ... we definitly have some potentials at poxlist to improve (or change) the style and for that improvement we have a donation level as well on our list ...

4. xaznsoulx

5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i would be willing to donate my main poxnora account Excalibur95 to the new store project,

provided,

others donate something too,

i get design input / ideas (not programming/technical) on the new store, although you can over rule me if needed. i mainly have ideas and would need greater minds to problem solve any design ideas i have.

i would not expect anything in return for donating my account.

Karamasov and xaznsoulx like this.
  6. Excalibur95

here are the runes in my poxnora account Excalibur95, if requested i can provide further proof and screen shot the entire checklist, page after page.

Excalibur95 Pox Champions Proof.jpg Excalibur95 Pox Spells Proof.jpg Excalibur95 Pox Relics Proof.jpg Excalibur95 Pox Equipment Proof.jpg

Attached Files:

7. xaznsoulx

Donating runes is a good gesture but I'd prefer if you stayed active. Your ideas are always welcome too.

8. Excalibur95

these were my latest ideas from the other day on a new rune store, it is nowhere near complete, just ideas...

New Poxnora Store Ideas

no buying runes with real money

Have 2 stores,
    CUR EXO LEG Store
    Limited Store

new exo leg? - would only be traded in the CUR EXO LEG Store? with any overstock going into the limited store? you do not want to dilute / shrink the number of or credits worth of limited runes in stock by trading them OUT for IN trades of new exo leg.. need to keep and grow the limiteds. new exo / leg will eventually be worth much less with new expansions too, keep that in mind.

both stores would have a credit system that are kept seperate to each other. like standard credits and premium credits. Or call the credits Standard credits and Limited credits.

PROTECTION - in case tournaments reward limiteds and people try to sell them to the store en mass, code in that if the store detects more than 3 of each rune being traded in (in a 24? hour period) there is a halt on trading that rune until the next day or more until the admin can review the trades to check if there was a tournament limited reward, if so they can ban that rune from trades for a while or just adjust the price.

CUR EXO LEG Store - would make a rune profit on each trade, a %. some profits (not all, need to leave enough overhead/stock for the store to operate) in whole runes would be sent into the Limited Store where they would become available to trade OUT only, not IN. this would grow the number of limited runes in the store stock, only foreseeable problem would be getting stuck with a stock of limiteds no one wants and losing all the popular/good limiteds, would need to implement something to stop this happening.

Limited Store - trade lims for lims. using a credits system.

set rune maximums so that each rune can only have a max of say 3 in stock. could vary per rune? may need to stop trading IN of runes where stock is too many, hoping lowering the credits price paid to a player will stop players trading more in but in case that does not work there may need to be hard limits of stock, the number 3 is just a not thought out suggestion. certainly unpopular limiteds that grow in stock number could do with having a hard limit/cap which when reached stops players trading anymore of that rune in until stocks decrease, if they ever do lol.

a supply and demand system for the store, but with hard limits of low and high price so that some runes do not become way too cheap or expensive. different runes especially limiteds could have custom costs on a rune by rune basis.

premium credits could be used in either store? standard store credits (CUR EXO LEG Store) can only be used in standard store. maybe it would be better to keep both stores totally seperate, else you may dilute the available runes of either store. the idea is to grow the stock of both stores and also keep the variety of runes/choice. i would not even take out stock to give runes away for free since the store will need to prove it can survive for a long time. if both stores are seperate some rune profit from the CUR EXO LEG Store could be siphoned into the limited store to allow players to trade in limited runes to trade out some CUR EXO LEG runes maybe with some limiteds too, this will grow the limited runes stock which is needed, more importantly the limited stock will not shrink into nothing. not allowing runes to be bought for real money means the pool of limited runes in the store will not shrink.

tokens should be added to the store.

there should be a minimum rune credits price to reflect its forge value. and maximum general rune values, limited runes will vary more. decondor had a great system where the trade OUT price stayed the same regardless of overstock (i think needed unfortunately, if not then allow less movement of trade OUT price than IN price, keep the trade OUT price nearer the high point of value), yet the trade in price went up and down (from its min to max credit values) dependant on stock values. if zero stock, trade IN value high, if multiples in stock then trade IN value low to lowest. this system was succesful in detering players trading in too many of the same rune. i also think decondors credit % cut on each rune trade (i forget the % and players disliked that he took so much of a cut but i think it was needed for variety of stock, to grow the store, a necesary evil even if regular traders lost a lot of their collection over time, that is as much their fault for trading and poxbox needed to survive) would need to be similar for the new store since it will allow stock to grow and hopefully most to all runes will be available in stock to trade, if anyone remembers the earlier days of poxbox where soo many runes were not in stock or scarce, this scenario would need to be avioded.

RUNE LENDING LIBRARY - a great idea (a way of stopping players losing their collections trading back and forth with the store), although idk if it would harm the rune stores would be to create a way of loaning out runes like a library loans books. could limit the amount of or credits value of loan runes (small amount, 1 deck max) that could be loaned at the same time. you give the old loan back in order to receive any new loan. could work like the rune store in appearance, somehow you gain library credits through trading in runes or using some store credits idk. is totally seperate to the standard and premium stores, with its own stocks of runes. the limited loan (at same time) nature of the library hopefully wouldnt make the two stores obsolete/useless? potentially you could even make this library a player to player loan, like swapping runes or decks but more official. time limits could be set a varied duration of the loan, by which time players would need to trade back the runes.

perhaps you could have a tier system for the runes in each of the two stores or just the limited store. so if you want to get a tier 1 popular / good limited you have to include another tier 1 popular / good limited of yours in your trade.

--------------------------------------
    maintain a stock of runes enough to at least cover the total credits of all players in each store.

counter running out of runes -

runes will have a lowest price that any rune of that rarity can not go below, based on shard value worth.

runes will have a maximum price that any rune of that rarity can not go above, based on forge value worth. (except new/latest expansion runes that you cant forge yet, these can go higher in price)

this is to stop the cheapest rune of a rarity being bought in the store in multiples to then be used to forge the highest price rune of same rarity and doing so cheaper than just buying the highesxt price rune in the store.

runes should have an individual hand coded set/standard price (somewhere in between the lowest and maximum prices). runes can never go below this price WHEN TRADED OUT OF THE STORE and will never reach the lowest price.

runes price can however go above the individual hand coded set/standard price. runes will vary in price between the set/standard price and maximum price dependant on stock. (WHEN TRADED OUT OF THE STORE). no stock = maximum price. lots of stock = set/standard price. price varying between these two price points.

this is to stop players trading IN a highest value rune (example 1 legendary) and for that rune they take out many of the lowest/lower priced runes (hypotheticaly that are overstocked and the price has gone down for), creating a situation where there is one rune traded IN and (idk exact forge rates but maybe 2.5-4 legendary) runes traded out, no store will survive against these odds it would just run out of runes.

essentially this means...

rune trade IN prices will vary from "lowest price" to "maximum price" dependant on stock.

rune trade OUT prices will vary from "set/standard price" to "maximum price" dependant on stock.

hopefully thus growing not shrinking the stock, i acknowledge that doing this means the store will make above the standard store cut % on some runes, but it is needed (as explained above) and it will still be cheaper to swap a rune for a rune via the store than to shard 4? runes to forge one rune in the poxnora rune forge.

10% minimum credit cut for the store on each trade made? im not sure what the cut % should be.

for every same rune bought from the store above the first the credit price that needs to be paid by the player will go up. im not exactly sure how this should work, whether the lesser stock bumps up the price or if buying multiple of same rune in same trade or in a period of time will increase the price, i guess the easiest way would be every rune sold in the store the price of that rune increases by x %.

if you implement a tier system for runes in each store - based on supply and demand rather than how good a rune is, max 10 tiers?, something like tier 1 (most expensive) to tier 5 (least expensive), each tier would have a credit price point. either this can be the set/standard price or totally seperate tier price. either way rune price cannot go below hand coded set/standard price when trading OUT. whether set/standard price could be set to a tier price, idk.

each common rune could belong to one of 10 tiers? each legendary rune could belong to one of 10 tiers? distinct for each rune. etc

each rune could go up and down in the tiers (thus its price goes up and down with different price points for each tier), automatically? coded by supply and demand. but not go below the hand coded set/standard price or tier (when traded OUT).

would an automatic system work, i have no idea, else hand coding may need to be done, at least initially, maybe continually / manualy.

tier price points could be a % ? somehow

idk how the above tier system would fit into the following quote of mine way up above, or even if it could fit "perhaps you could have a tier system for the runes in each of the two stores or just the limited store. so if you want to get a tier 1 popular / good limited you have to include another tier 1 popular / good limited of yours in your trade."

you do not want to make it easy for players to manipulate the store, trades or its prices.

please problem solve my ideas players, since that is a weak area of mine, looking ahead and seeing if and how things would work.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Karamasov and xaznsoulx like this.
  9. Excalibur95

i have not been active since a long time, i have two other much smaller poxnora accounts i can use if i wanted to play. i barely use any of my Excalibur95 account runes in decks and my other 2 accounts have those decks copied.

10. Excalibur95

my poxnora account Excalibur95 has never been banned or trade banned.

in the text files if there is no number to the left of the runes name it means i have none of that rune.

i have quite an extensive collection, i am serious about giving it away, a new poxnora store i see as being a worthy cause.

think about it, talk about it amongst yourselves, all involved, xaznsoulx, Imba, Markoth and others...

xaznsoulx likes this.
  11. Excalibur95

you can have all the shards on my accounts too, to stock more runes...

LOLtangoed 16120 shards
    AwenLoren 5272 shards
    Excalibur95 40978 shards

12. xaznsoulx

I appreciate the offer. I'd like to consult my guild before I take any action.

13. Excalibur95

sure np.

tbh if i didnt donate my account to your new store, i would likely have donated it to tinydragon eventually.

14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

In my opinion the guides option is probably the most needed. Pox has a massive knowledge burden and i would imagine say 9/10 new players will probably quit after a short while because they dont know what theyre doing and have no idea where to start. There are very few players around to ask these days and in game client doesnt have chat which is also a major issue. Having said that a player run rune store is also pretty important for new players as Pox has an insane amount of runes and while the forge is awesome and helps alot it still wont provide the player with the ability to build different decks so quickly, they will need to play for some time and build up gold and shards in a very grindy manner. I think these two are the most important things Pox needs out of the options. A database is also important but Poxlist is very nice and does that job well. Pox has so many problems its hard to know where to start or even if its worth bothering at this point, sorry for the depressing opinion. Good luck to anyone however that is willing to try.

Edit: On the subject of new players not knowing what theyre doing i dont just mean in building decks and which runes to obtain etc i mean actually game play mechanics, the fundamentals. Positioning, nora management, power turning, planning ahead, deployment, when to push, when to turtle etc etc. Thats the kind of thing i see new players consistently doing badly when you Q against them. I myself still suck at basically all of the above haha. This is the kind of content i feel new players and even alot of older players would benefit from hugely. In a way it would also benefit the players that are already good because they would potentially gain a playerbase with more players that are atleast competent and provide more of a challenge.

MaruXV and xaznsoulx like this.
  15. xaznsoulx

I agree wholeheartedly and will implement your ideas.

Excalibur95 and MaruXV like this.
  16. Excalibur95

could be worth seeking advice from poxbrothers / poxpoints (old poxnora store) and poxbox / decondor. if serious about making a new store.

in store mechanics and,

i would think programming advice on how to layout / design the store, what code should run server and client side, with security in mind, against potential hacking etc would be invaluable.

17. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

just copy pasta poxbox