Awesome games, and taking a break

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

First the awesome games from some of the best poxers in the business. Great best of 3

@nepyonisdead @Elf4ntgun$

So i will be taking a break at least until the expansion comes out... I am telling you this because it makes it easier to take the break. If i tell you then i am forced by the fear of embarrassment of not being able to stay away to actually stay away.

Ill still be on the forums and might work some on my guides, but no more recording for a bit, and i wont be in game.

But no worries , im not gone for good.

Gnomes out =)

DiCEM0nEY, Alakhami, attio26 and 3 others like this.
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

nep? best player of pox?

what has happened to pox T_T

Axeraiser likes this.
  3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

nah buddy I am having a bit of trouble finding my form without u critiquing every move :) I do miss u though so do comeback soon.

MaruXV likes this.
  4. nepyonisdead

also best player atm is prolly hermaios ;) so things havent changed since u were gone

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

@Gnomes enjoy a well deserved break. Outstanding work on all your videos and commentary.

6. calisk

meh if it's like before he's just milking spirit of the mountain, sp/st i assume

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  7. nepyonisdead

he plays a KF/UD elves deck now, Bane Shift is pretty nasty :) pop in sometime adn check it out

8. calisk

Ah I dabbled with that idea after watching tiny abuse inhibit power in his elf deck.

Thought it would be a good answer to his spirit of the mountain crutch.

That said never really felt satisfied because the kf side units i wanted to run were always gimped because of the faction bonus in split.

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

See you in 3 years

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Lol most of the top players are milking, aside from tiny who is legitimately autistic- level good. Moga is really good too, but he loves his milk.

Tiny loves to play unpopular stuff, which is fun to watch.

11. calisk

of course, two skill sets exist in pox and every good player has them to varying degrees, technical skill, and those that win with deck building skills.

tiny is a player with quite a bit of technical skill, such that he can pretty much beat most of the current player base with just about anything and his decks are often not that great and are often slight variations on other peoples decks, but that's not to say he can't build an amazing deck, just that he doesn't need to.

On the flip side of that coin would be a player like iPox who has next to no technical skill at the game and given a standard deck couldn't beat the worst player dragged out of single player farming, but his ability to create decks is out standing, these players see things that others don't, synergies between runes to create tactics or abuses others don't even perceive and honestly those that can consistently create solid decks are as interesting as any player out there.

Every player in a competitive format should play abusive runes and deck concepts, every one should try to win what ever way they feel like they can win, an everyone else should try to shut that concept down to the best of there ability, that is the game you are playing.

When Herm was abusing spirit of the mountain, I built decks that could deal with it, and if I was on now i'd be building a deck to deal with his elves if need be, end of the day that's how pox remains interesting, otherwise where is the challenge.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Sokolov, MaruXV and Fentum like this.
  12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This is actually rather well put.

MaruXV likes this.
  13. DiCEM0nEY

This game has a competitive mode? XD

14. DiCEM0nEY

Could you make a vid on how to setup obs for pox? I'm not really smart

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

haha, its just like for all the other games too, so just search a normal tutorial their are good ones out there.

16. Dicem0ney2

Dicem0ney2 The King of Potatoes

I set it up for sc2 like 7 years ago so... maybe it seemed Harder than it was