Gnarlwood Avenger

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kormack, May 6, 2014.

1. Kormack

Kormack Member

Rune Name Gnarlwood Avenger
    Faction:
    Ktir
    Race: Plant Treefolk, Class: Warrior, Size: large, Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork
    : Fireblackened treefolk, I hope to be able soon to post artwork for him (made by one of my friends)
    Flavor-Text:

Nora Cost:

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    13, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 2, HP: 54

Champion Abilities

Attack: Physical
    Rude awakening - target rooted treefolk whidin 5 takes 5 physical dmg and becomes uprooted AP2 CD4
    Intimidating
    Vengeful - see poxnora check list
    Damage Shield Fire Rank 2
    Bereserker Rank 2
    Resistance Fire Rank 1

Upgrade Abilities

Berserker Rank 3
    Tought Rank 2
    Horrific Aura
    Punish

The Gnarwood Avenger is a melee beater. The treefolks lacks such champs for example the only one who can be used for this role is the Oakhumer which is super vs flyers and magic dmg dealers. This rune has a lot of interesting abilities first of all the unique "rude awakening " which is very important for the treefolks because when you root one tree it is particularly dead whit the exception of the launcher. On the other hand vengeful gives him the potential to become mid game monster. The champ has a good background and I think is time for the treefolks as one of the oldest themes in the Ktir to have their first legendary champion.

I am open for suggestions so please help me create a great, interesting and balanced rune.

Background story:

Maxxarek glanced upon his forces, as they were plundering the K'Thir forest. It was a battle that was about to echo throughout the ages. His goal was clear - "leave nothing alive".
    The legions moved quickly through the woods, setting everything on their path ablaze. As the woods were slowly dying, one large tree shivered from the flames.
    It slowly started plucking his old roots up from the dirt. It was one of the ancient tree-folks, who lived millennium ago, but fell in a deep sleep when the elder trees assured the peace in the forest.
    The tree growled fiercely as he witnessed his fellows dye. His time had come again to save K'Thir and he was ready. Vengeance was due and he knew exactly how to claim it.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Alfodur and BarrettaA like this.
  2. coolronan1

coolronan1 The King of Potatoes

sounds good! :D

3. Kormack

Kormack Member

Thanks mate soon I will post a short background story for him

4. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see the artwork for this. ;)

5. Kormack

Kormack Member

6. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

7. Kormack

Kormack Member

I changed take root whit horrific aura because it will be more fulfy for this champion. What do you think any suggestions about his stats or abilities maybe intimidating instead of horrific aura ?

8. Kormack

Kormack Member

Soon I will write short comment about each of the abilities I chose for this champ.

9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I can't help notice that horrific aura is both basic and and upgraded ability. Which one is it meant to be? Apart from that, looks like a generally good front line fighter.

Thing is, how different is this to the deadwood strider? Especially with punish.... Just wondering.

10. BarrettaA

BarrettaA New Member

Excellent stuff!

11. Kormack

Kormack Member

Rude awakening is the new stuff and he has advantages and disadvantages vs deadwood strider. I will start whit his advantages first of all this treefolk has spd of 9 vs 6, this guy is way better vs non physical melee champs because of his fire shield and better stats and he has the unique ability "rude awakening"on the other hand berserk combided whit large make him very vulnerable to range champs compared to the deadwood staider which has absorb so he will have completely different role in the treefolk bg . And thank you for notice firstly I put on him take root then I decided that take root is not fluffy for this champ and remove it, I will put intimidate whit "?" because it might be too powerful. If you can think of something better than intimidate please let me know it must be something to do whit his fluff. Other thing that I'am thinking about is his base spd but for now I think it is ok there is no big difference between 8-9 for almost all of the maps and berserk combined whit large will make it up for his great speed.

PS: I am not trying to make imbalanced swiss knife he will has his role as an opener vs thinks like fist bastion, or some big melee leos and whit him treefolk players will root their trees more often which is the thing about trees :)

12. Alfodur

Alfodur The King of Potatoes

First of all i liked the concept and flavor when Kormack asked me to make a illustration for it.
    So far, so good... seems quite nice and balanced champ.
    I hope i can work over the art those days.
    Good luck from me.

13. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh ok, it's rather different. I must say I like the rude awakening part, I don't see treefolk's root in nearly enough. Interesting champ!

Alfodur likes this.