State of PoxNora Update (December 2017)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 29, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Price points were too high. Xulous did well.

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

+1 for drafts, even higher priority than some bugs.

3. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

A draft system might just breathe some life into the game. Its very fun way of playing and promotes deck building in a nice way. The many bugs are top priority for me. Its frustrating and new players will rage quit in no time.

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I’d play draft. But I’d play pretty much any format of Pox.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

me an @TakeItOver are working on a simil-draft through poxlist

TakeItOver and Fentum like this.
  6. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

cosmetic items at $20 a pop wont do well, they offer nothing gameplay wise and are waay too steep in price. if you had a massive playerbase then maybe.

i know id prefer new limited runes, champions, not just relics and equipment (thankfully these still trickle in), with real unique gameplay advantages,

i know it is more pay 2 win, but not entirely against free 2 play.

if you dont want to create brand new limited only champions (which i think would sell well, people will pay for an advantage) fine but...

even if you had slight differences in the reskins stats / abilities it would be something and perhaps just enough to encourage players to buy them... maybe.

if the $20 price tag for reskins wasnt soo steep they would be more attainable and affordable, like a limited for the cost of a legendary, you can still churn out some for each faction in an expansion. limited at legendary prices would put more of the runes in circulation making them easier to obtain. if they are more affordable even f2p players have a chance at trading for them.

a simple example would be a champion with a fire attack, that journeyed to the tundra and learned a new attack or skill and the reskin limited rune would reflect the original but now modified stats / abilities. they could dress different in the reskin not just change the colour, to better reflect new stats/abilities. like an offshoot rune.

advantages for owning certain cards is what collectible card games are all about. even in the current f2p model of poxnora some players have advantages over other players due to the number of cards they own, you cant get away from that. even if it is now easier to forge new runes.

collectible card games also thrive on some cards being rare and hard to obtain, something to aim for in collecting. even better when the cards can be played for an advantage, it just feels good. other card games allow such advanateges.

it took me maybe a year or more to get all the visions of amareth limited runes x2. and i pay for my runes with paypal etc and bought from poxbox etc, that was a disaster by dog imo, those limiteds were in too short a supply in circulation due the high prices and players hoarded them. they should have been easier to obtain, they were nothing special and certainly were not harbs.

cosmetic items are Bane Shift and not what most players want, i hope that is becomming obvious now.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that they have been tried at various price points and in various combinations of bundles.

And yes, everything works better when the player base is bigger :)

We tried cosmetic items because players were begging us to give them something else to purchase besides more runes, and I actually think the primary reason they didn't work is because the playerbase is too small, not because cosmetic items are undesirable (i.e. the % of players who bought them were actually a decent conversion rate). And developing reskins for existing runes with no gameplay changes is relatively cheap so it was a good way to test the waters.

8. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Any word on when we might see a patch? next three months maybe?

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I do not have any more information than you at this point, unfortunately.

10. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i remember the set of limiteds including the blue moog gargantula were waay cheaper and were bundled one with a pack. i liked that kind of pricing because even now that set of limiteds are mostly still in circulation and available. idk how succesful that pricing scheme was, maybe it was too generous with the limiteds, but i liked it and tbh i wouldnt want to pay more than those prices for cosmetic reskins. i also remember the purple xulos was put down to $15 from $20 likely due a lack of demand.

so i agree dog has tried different price points.

i just believe if the limiteds were unique in some way they would garner more interest and buys.

im also fed up of $20 limited reskins, i see that as dogs worst pricing failure, also due their scarcity, the hoarding factor.. regardless of % that bought them, i cant personally help feeling ripped off.

well i said my piece, maybe you could try completely unique limiteds, or part unique, even changing the attack type from fire to frost would be something. i also like the limited price point around the cost of a legendary rune.

im also not sold that players actually like cosmetic items, that would be one for a poll.

well thanks for responding to me sok, do appreciate the work you put in.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

stay tuned for that 2019 update

MrCharles and attio26 like this.
  12. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

Update will be coming ANY DAY NOW! I'm sure :)

Hopefully our Developers were making Space Wars for someone else and punching a clock to do it. If they weren't and it happens to be their very own baby that needed to grow up and start paying the bills, well the outlook there is not strong from where I'm standing.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I remember Mobilization having its rarity changed, but not much since then.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I thought there were only reprints as legendaries, nothing that was actually changed from LE to LEG.

15. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Ctharia, Doomballs, Angels and all the old 150k runes turned from LE to Leg

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

No, they were reprinted as legendary, the original limiteds still exist. Mobilization was originally a common. It was changed to a rare as a "nerf". That's the only rune I'm aware of that actually had its rarity change.

17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

is there still versions of mobilization that have rarity of common?

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

No, it was changed in everyone's collection too.

19. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

In the end the FW haters won.

*Shrinks back to the shadows again*

darklord48 likes this.
  20. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

at least fw spell domination is getting 4 ap gain, so you can doubletap