3 weakest factions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dicem0ney2, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Dicem0ney2

Dicem0ney2 The King of Potatoes

What are the three weakest factions (ff) atm in your opinion?

This is actually alot harder than it seems. I would probably say FW, IS, and SP.

2. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Seriously, FW, IS, and SP and not even close to the weakest. KF is easily the weakest.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I can only give my UD centric perspective, but the factions I find easiest are:

FW and UD

Hardest are SL and ST, a good SP goodstuff deck is also a challenge as these factions are resistant to one rounding while being able to out range and out attrition me.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Gnomes likes this.
  4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

hmm cant answer because i havent played any pvp in a year soon.
    but IS is never weak, its just the players playing it that are bad

Ballballer likes this.
  5. Dicem0ney2

Dicem0ney2 The King of Potatoes

You have to list 3 is the point xD. I find picking worst three is much harder than the worst two. Interesting you chose UD. I might be biased in thinking they are better than Sp?

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think it's just that the FW vs UD matchup favours UD at the moment, especially experienced UD players who know how to use our toolset to counter chopblocks and other attrition tools.

If i was to add a third it would probably be KF over IS, but i honestly don't see a lot or those factions.

7. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

It's tough for me to rate because most decent players that aren't playing janky stuff seem to do well no matter what faction they play.

My vote in order of weakest to strongest:

FW - KF - UD

If it's ranking just for me personally and my playing ability?

FW - FS - KF

I am pathetically weak with a FS BG with the possible exception of Mirefolk. With them it's seems easier to pilot and I occasionally stumble into a victory. For me and FS it's been that way forever even when I used to play everyday several years back.

On the IS debate: Occasionally it seems weak but Paladin theme is still OP imo. It's still the BG I do the best with PVP even though I rarely play with it anymore. Constructs in general Dwarves Phalanx style seems to be decent but not top tier and maybe a step behind the meta at the moment.

8. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i believe the 8 weakest are kf,is,st,sp,sl,ud,fs,and fw.

these 8 need to be buffed so they can compete against fw,fs,ud,sl,sp,st,is,and kf

why do people still do these lists, i get communist philosophy dictates all things must be equal to the point it destroys what ever it touches but come on at this point if I squint hard enough i can't tell the factions apart anymore.

if you have trouble winning, modify your deck or get better....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

No faction is weak ...some have bad matchups and u just have to deal with it, ST is defo over the top with some themes but the rest is all valid ''meta'' wise

10. MrCharles

It's not that I disagree with you on FS. It's just one of those "It's not you it's me" situations between FS and I. I have tried the Psy theme and it's good fun but I still pilot that BG right into the ground. FS deserves better than me to be honest. We both know the writings been on the wall for some time now.

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

bloated toad is absolutely broken so yeah

12. MrCharles

Who said we are calling for a change? I thought we were just discussing. I accept that things will never be perfectly balanced and I'm cool with that. In fact I prefer it. Otherwise I would just play chess.

13. calisk

Didn't think I mentioned changes but I suppose it came pretty close so not surprised you thought that's what I meant.

The very attempt to quantify which faction is best or worst is a phallacy that will usually result in a lynch mob against the least popular, and this has traditionally been how this always goes. Dice didn't make this thread to gauge the factions he made it as a thinly failed attempt to complain that fw is weak.

To put it another way if I did a thread about which of the following three is weakest rock paper or scissors. Pretty sure scissors would always be considered the weakest since the majority of people favor rock at least when the test is done in a polling environment without context.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

True, except ST is the strongest

Etherielin and themacca like this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

& now we know why he's here trying to derail the argument

Etherielin and Ballballer like this.
  16. calisk

Lol never change pox community.