Player Expansion Preview/Discussion (Protectorate Champions)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

never to late

Thbigchief likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Render is a nice addition to Trolls so no complaints there, but I think range 1-4(5 w/Bouncer) will be a bit much no?

It's a great rune no doubt but I think if it is going to be all this and a bag of chips (personally I think 1-4(5) rng on Rock Defiance is wtfop, and put on their Dmg dealer, makes it a pretty solid threat) by having abilities that Rock Defiance needs I would suggest adding Resolute to it's kit; I've been wanting a Resolute/Render Troll for a while and this seems to be that Grintmaw.

Add Resolute to base
    Change range 2-4...or keep 1-4(5) but give Resolute on base please

3. aseryen

@Wolvon, Trolls do need some kind of Detection though so definitely another Unit to start brainstorming on, here's mine.

Faction: IS
    Artwork: Drones(Construct) surrounding a Troll/Dwarf in it's workshop while it is tinkering on some projects.
    Race: Construct, (Troll/Dwarf) or all three)
    Class: Ranger, Tinkerer

Dmg: 13 (less if speed is higher)
    Rng: 5-6
    Spd: 5(any excuse to use Rockforger) or 7/8
    Def: 2
    HP: 36-43

Base
    Attack: Psychic
    Equip: Forge Hammer
    Dissipate
    (Spellsurge: Spare Parts)

U1
    Psychic Ping/Jab/Amp or on base and swap with SS:SpareParts
    Rock Defiance
    Provision: Utility

U2
    Defensive Turtle
    Shroud/Battlemaster/Defender
    Sentinel

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Can tortelleon Hydrant get a different attack type or a different second upgrade tree. Doesn't really offer anything new, or needed in tortuns, and tough seems pretty pointless on a range champ and just boost his cost for no reason, but this is just my opinion and most people probably don't agree in the slightest so meh.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Already discussed.

6. Wolvon

Wolvon The King of Potatoes

I like the suggestions but i think Monotone is set in my opinion, the last suggestion Sokolov made is EXACTLY how i would like him to be. Besides 1-4 ISNT really that op, it just means its harder to avoid his hits but that doesnt mean it cant be countered. Poxnora is full of counters and we already have a large grintmaw with 1-4 range and SLAM and he seems very balanced to to me. The grints need a champ with good damage as well as a way to efficiently dish out that damage without putting it at risk too much and thats where the range comes in. I was thinking we get a grint will really good survivalbility next time on, so that it can better take advantage of the grintmaw racial, and act as a good front line of defense to help the grintmaw push forward more in the game. Hmmm, i think i will post idea soon in rune suggestions.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  7. aseryen

Yeah I like the design of it now, I'm just letting it be known that there's going to be a problem with its power and range will be that reason; if it loses one or two Dmg idt it will but just saying this Runes stats are fringeOP. I'll say it's fifty fifty chance that it stays the same.

This rune x2 of will give zero blind spots, it'd be ridiculous to think that Shaman would be run x2 of as well considering that Kingmaker would be much better slot and pairing with Monotone.

Yes this is the rune Grintmaw she needs but I really think for the Runes that will be included and paired with Monotone that it will be too much of a problem at range 1-4. The compromise is either rng 2-4 or 1-3 imo. This is just to get as little change to the rune after it's release as possible. And like I said, this is the troll to have Resolute/Render.

Changes:
    Range from 1-4 to 2-4
    Resolute added to base

Other than that nothing is different from what Sok suggests. Or do nothing to the range and add Resolute to base, it's already getting Render on U2(since you said you like Soks suggestion), Resolute would be perfect for his kit. In that case the only thing I'm suggesting is an additional ability on base.

TL;DR Resolute is more ideal than range 2-4 which I expect to happen after release due to Monotones efficiency. Or just add Resolute on base since Resolute/Render would make the perfect Troll and it is unlikely that another Troll be made with Resolute/Render.

8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

ftfy :p

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I don’t get why these were previewed over a year ago if they weren’t going to be released. They still look good!

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

because over a year ago they didn't know they would never be released.

honestly i've kind of given up hope on it coming out, I expected this to be the last expansion for pox, but now...it's past that really.

13. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Im mad they didnt even previewed all the artworks.. its been 2 years and i still havent seen how a couple i made, the Basilisk Artillery and Draksar Rector look like..

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The new artworks are for the new expansion, which will be released for pox 2.0 sometime in the next 6 months.

Their will be an update in the coming weeks regarding pox 2, good day peasants.

15. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Are you serious?

super71 likes this.
  16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no, ignore this man

MrCharles likes this.
  17. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

The seed of doubt has been planted by now...

18. Wolvon

Wolvon The King of Potatoes

Wait so pox2 don't exist ?

19. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Pox2 is about as legitimate as Lighthouse.

Wait.........

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

They can barely (if at all) afford to run Pox 1...much less Pox 2 o_O