Forging limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imba, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed before. I couldn't find anything about it in the forums.

Why does the forging limit exist? I have already sacrificed the cards needed to pay for the items, I lose value with every card I choose to do so with, and there doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason to force players to wait a week before they use the shards they gain from sacrificing that value.

The only thing that seems remotely plausible is that the rule was instantiated to safeguard against possible trade manipulation if we were to find ourselves with a much larger playerbase, but it doesn't make sense in the current state of the game.

Why should legendaries and exotics be treated any differently, in the context of forging, than cards of lesser rarity? The benefit of the rune forge is that we now have a quantity which literally defines value - BUT, if DOG is worried that the intangible value of a legendary or exotic rune is greater than the intangible value of a rune of lesser rarity to such a large extent as to justify a special exception in the former case, implemented as an ad hoc forging limit, then the cost of those runes should be increased to express equivalence, rather than imposing an artificial restriction which serves no purpose other than to annoy.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    MrCharles likes this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Theres a forge limit?

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

i think its something that remained in the client for the trade manipulation thing. of course at the moment it isnt a big problem, but also it isnt a priority in the list of the things to be fixed for the client...

4. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

5. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

What? for the past 2 weeks since im playing again i've sharded and forged all my bgs. I've made like 6 bgs forging runes out of the ST 5k gold bg

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I don't know if the shard limit is still a thing. (Did it only affect exotics and legendaries? I forgot)
    But I can see it be a good safeguard against possible system mistakes. If a rune get priced wrongly or a rune that shouldn't be forgable is put there, then not too many should be forgable before it's fixed.
    It may also safeguard against possible system bugs like what if you can sell a rune for more than what you paid?

7. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

The shard limit still exists and it has nothing to do with short term system mistakes. The limit is fairly large as is so it wouldn't really protect against that. Others in the thread have mentioned that the limit is a vestigial protection against a specific situation that existed only when the forge was first implemented and should be removed now.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It was placed in there to prevent large scale exploits, not any specific situation. As time went on the limit got increased somewhat.

soulmilk likes this.