Planet Earth II Live

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Comissar, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I'm seeing this tomorrow!

Also, turns out there's a surprising number of British tourists in Munich! Heard a british family talking about how squirrels lose their tails and regrow them as a defensive mechanism yesterday while I was walking along the river. Promptly pretended to be German so I didn't have to interact with them.

2. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

3. Comissar

Yup, but they were very specific that it was squirrels. And natural, not human influenced. Hence the abandonment of my national identity in an attempt at self-preservation.

Edit - Also, the concert was genuinely moving. Never been to a live orchestra performance before, gonna have to try and do it again some time.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I was on Tenerife (an Island) and brits asked me which way the ocean was.
    another one asked me if we were in the mediterranean, we were not.
    there were some birmingham people too who were under the impression that the Netherlands had a population of "a thousand" and who tried to convince an Irishman that the Republic of Irelnd was part of the UK. ( he was not convinced and pretty offended)

sooo yeah, your experience seems about right.

Comissar likes this.
  5. Comissar

It's a tad annoying to me as to just how believable a lot of those are. Most could just be attributed to straight up ignorance of basic geography, but the RoI one is particularly bad. There's really no excuse for not knowing what is and isn't part of your own country.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

another popular one more on the biological side was:
    "are these whales or dolphins?"

7. Comissar

"Yes"

Also, to be fair, that one is understandable if you're looking at, say, Pilot Whales, or Beluga's, where the boundary can feel a bit blurry. Less of an excuse if it's just something like a Right Whale, though.

Geressen likes this.