Seeking help with irrational, overwhelming fear of 57 Nora champ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fentum, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

There's one champ amongst all others in Pox that strikes dread into my heart when I see it deployed against me. I start to sweat. Pulse goes up. Can't focus on anything BUT that champ.

Last game I was three fonts to zero ahead. Had extra champs out. Was coasting to victory.

But the 'dreaded' champ messed with me and I ended up resigning.

As UD, how can I deal with the MUCKER?

All help welcome.

MaruXV and Morfeas like this.
  2. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

Fading recollection?

Fentum likes this.
  3. Fentum

yes, but on a 57 Nora champ? YIKES!

Vash Dragneel likes this.
  4. Fentum

My best thoughts are...

Maddening Echoes
    Nefari Reaper
    Fire blast

But it's a lot of hassle for a 57 Nora champ.

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

This is a fun thread.

Fentum likes this.
  6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- 2 runes... Strip Armor + Millennial Icequake. Send that Firker back to the Ice Age.

....orrr there's always

Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Anything with Flame Nova will work. It gives Inhibited in an AOE so the Muckers can't regenerate, as well as doing decent damage to finish off the low HP ones. Or you could just split them up and have Grimlic use Fire Bomb on the lot of 'em. Goblin Arsonist is another option with Annihilate and Solar Flare (knockback works well against Split units).

Fentum likes this.
  8. Fentum

But that’s IS.

It’s game over, man. GAME OVER!

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Play IS. Use Geomancer. Shockwave fodder

Vash Dragneel and Fentum like this.
  10. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Split and use sheoul's fireball or ME. Both spells are only 35 nora and have a lot of utility outside of this specific situation. It would help to have some idea of what you're currently running.

Anticipatory response for the FS player who will respond "i want you to do that cause lol backfire im so smart":
    It's highly predictable and rarely works against anyone decent so congrats on stomping fodder

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Fentum likes this.
  11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

When in doubt, mindslicer boomerang.

Fentum likes this.
  12. Fentum

Agreed but Muckers are often run with immunity psychic. It’s like my worst nightmare!

13. Fentum

I run ALL sorts. I agree that ME is the best answer, but wondered what others thought. I also like the Nefari Reaper scythe attack, but ME has better spot utility.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I mostely just ignore them until it is convieniant to kill them.

SPiEkY and Fentum like this.
  15. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I only deploy a Mucker when its immunity matches the oppoonent. Otherwise they get killed off way too easily.

Four ways to kill: a) just attack enough b) split and AoE c) surround and attack d) inhibit/decay

a)
    - Use non-basic attacks first, then the highest dmg attack
    - Kill the banner first if you can. Otherwise don't forget to add +5 to each split when calculating. Same goes for Boost: Plant.

If you can do 18 dmg for the first split (i.e. 1 attack as UD), then you get two Muckers with 16HP each. So you can get by with 3 basic attacks.
    With a banner out, use non-basic attacks to get the first Mucker down to ~30 HP before the first basic attack.

b)
    - If you are going to use an AoE spell, always use a cheap throw-away spell first. Make sure you use that before you start attacking in case Backfire Boon is up instead of just Backfire. I also like Confusion to catch people out here.
    - As with (a), use non-basic attacks first, then use basics to split. Make sure you get an even spread of HP.

Three attacks should be enough splits. At 16 dmg per attack (UD) with a banner out this would give 4 Muckers with 13 HP each. With one non-basic attack first this should be down to about 8HP/Mucker.

c)
    This usually only works if the Mucker ends up next to impassible terrain or a font. 2 champs and a relic can the surround it and stop it splitting.
    I've had some players surround on 3 sides and allowing one split and leaving one surrounded. This works when you have a lot of lower dmg attacks to kill the first Mucker and something big for the split.

d)
    Best to just whittle one Mucker down with non-basic attacks while it is inhibited.

Basically, I have Muckers killed by pretty standard play. I'm sure stuff like Cleave/Scythe Whirl/whatever makes it easier but I don't think you need to worry about having that around.

16. Fentum

Makorov and Capitulator like this.