Sleeper Runes

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Vorian, May 16, 2018.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Fast Friends
    Yeti Ancient
    Khong Monk
    Frostwing Slayer
    Ferren Cloudwisp

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yeti ancient is a sleeper, I use in every FF ST deck that isn't theme focused, and most of my split decks because he's just that good.

FF is pretty bad though, it looks so good on paper but in practice it's just bad.

monk is pretty solid, I like him but he's edged out in meta deck by other units tht are just slightly better.

slayer...I really like slayer, he makes my flying decks easy but meta is a bit iffy, I want to pair him with hyper aggressive melee units but st has so few of them, I often go with lonx hunter though over slayer because you get the teleport the second the hunter hits the board rather then 2 or 3 turns later after he's gotten into position

cloudwisp....maybe your right I honestly haven't tried her she seems below average.

3. Vorian

Cloudwisp has shatter summons + portal blast for just 60 nora.

4. calisk

yep but her base stats are terrible and unlike minotaurs no really effecient ways to build up her damage.

5. Vorian

She doesn't need to attack as she has portal blast to relocate your champs 2 spaces forward or opponent champs 2 spaces back. Its like Swap on speed because you can do it every turn.

6. calisk

Ya blast was how I tried her inside my kb bg aside from a number of annoying bugs she caused her use was just to situational for a 60 Nora investment and little offensive ability

7. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

wat defines "sleeper"

8. calisk

typically the criteria for sleeper is that everyone believes it to be crap on release but later turns out to be amazing....gale force is the ultimate sleeper rune as quite literally nobody thought it was good even the deves thought the incredibly broken release version of it was crap lol

the release version btw gave the unit you hit it with flying until the end of the turn...which was very fun for cliffing and depositing units on mountains and other unmovable terrain.

Vorian likes this.
  9. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

That's pretty funny. Power balancing out new effects and interaction in this game has never been easy has it?