A toast to the Legends!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jun 7, 2018.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

assume you're referring to KTCAOP? forgive me if I spelt it wrong, he was a great forum dude

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

I won vs Kthx once, he was afk.

3. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

Nope where should be on this list

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

nub

nepyonisdead likes this.
  5. zorbot

zorbot The King of Potatoes

Nerds

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yet.... here you are.

7. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Where's me in the list? Imma tell you a secret.. I'm Tinydragon's teacher.. He just overpassed my skills.. HAHAHA

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Can you put me on the list so that my empty life has a sense of purpose?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Absolute disgrace of a list.

Joker and zorbot like this.
  10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Mad cuz bad

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Who are you?

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

burn used to be a ud player....or an sl player...hard to remember it's been awhile =)

13. Leviathan

Leviathan I need me some PIE!

SL

14. Eadbusta

Eadbusta I need me some PIE!

This genuinely put a tear in my eye... I have seen or interacted with every single one of these players in some way. Either through the forums, lurking while they bash each other in lobby or getting my ass handed to me by them. 11 years of Poxnora, made worthwhile a lot because of these people. Thank you
    <3 <3 <3

Fentum and Bondman007 like this.
  15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I couldn't say either, MEDIUMALLTIME.

16. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

For what he brought to the community. His videos and eagerness to help people really helped this game a LOT. Sometimes pure skill wasn't the only requirement to make my list.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  17. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Well, then go make your own list! You and many other great players aren't on my "elite" list for various reasons. It doesn't detract any from your skill. I watched MANY of your games and made videos with you. There were also other incredible players like Reaper, Xazansoul, Strings, Wizzy99, Baskitkase, etc. etc. that were fantastic. It's not meant to offend, but to reminisce. A lot of these guys listed on MY list played factions that I preferred. Also, you'll notice a lot of these players were typically full faction guys as I don't like splits (another reason why some made it and others didn't). You are more than welcome to toast the incredible players you loved to watch!
    Cheers,

18. mrkurtz

mrkurtz The King of Potatoes

A toast to :
    Horrible
    Corav
    Glassjaw
    Meshuggah
    Aphex Twin
    Aweful
    and whatever other accounts of mine that I've forgotten. LOL

It was a real fun game for a while. I think they just f-cked up w/ the marketing /pricing of it. It became too pay-to-play which was really unwelcoming to newbies.

Is there another game out there like this that isn't so expensive? I'd pay like monthly or a one-time fee, but never again with this "collectible" card game bull. How collectible are my Pox Harbingers now that nobody plays? haha :'(

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But Beermaiden...

20. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

You might take a look at Faeria for something similar. It has much simpler combat and looks like hearthstone at first but the "living board" mechanic adds a surprising amount of strategic depth. Within the next couple of months they're planning on transitioning from F2P to a "buy the game and unlock all the cards within a few weeks" model with DLC expansions that grant all the new cards immediately. It has a very lively community that the devs are very involved with (they even promote community events in their weekly news updates). I moved on to Faeria after Pox started to get stale and felt right at home.

mrkurtz likes this.