Wait, what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sauron78, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Sauron78

Sauron78 Member

Just signed on for the first time in a very, very long time and what's this? Pox is closing? was this an official stance or is it the usual rumor-mongering?

All these years holding on to my Harbringers and Plymorphs... should have sold them all when I had the chance, but on the other hand they are nice mementoes of good times and wonderful games.

tell me it ain't so!

EDIT: new member my ass! been here since it was founded by the Octopi team... seriously, this forum is insulting!

2. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Yeah, you should have sold them. But now is your chance to give them away to the needy people like me.

Gimme ur roonz!

Seriously, Pox is dying. No one from DOG is answering. Sok is sometimes around but unofficially. The forums are no longer secure. So yeah, Pox lost its last engine is in a nose dive.

3. Sauron78

Sauron78 Member

I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did... so in the end even Steam couldn't save it eh?

I got burnt out by the rapid-fire expansion rollouts... got ridiculous quite frankly, trying to pull off the "milk the fanbase" approach a la W40k or Magic, but with a fraction of the playerbase.

Oh well, I'm still thankful for the people I found... still game with some of my original guildmates on steam in fact.

Goodnight sweet prince!

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You really can't win with that stuff. It's always going to be too fast for some, and too slow for others. Ultimately, the number of total runes released over the course of an average year never changed all that much, but how the runes were released were changed - and to that end some of it was clearly designed to generate more revenue (such as "mid-terms"). However, at the same time, part of the reason for more, but smaller, expansions was an attempt to keep things fresh, as there was always noticeable drop-off after a couple of months of play of the same expansion.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Closing is too strong a word. There's no word that it is being shut down. However, there's been no development that's made it to the live servers in about a year and a half. I was still working on the game up til the end of 2017, but none of the work I had done in most of 2017 have made it into a patch.

In the original transition to SOE from Octopi, those forums got shut down and all accounts were migrated to Sony's architecture and much of that original history lost.

When SOE sold PoxNora to DOG, they refused to give any information to DOG that wasn't specifically requested by a player (even though most of that information was originally owned by Octopi). This is why if you want your account back you have to jump through hoops - DOG basically has to manually request your information from SOE (now Daybreak).

6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Gimme some of those Harbs and Polys you seem to have multitudes of lying around and I'll believe you.

Also, might want to check out this thread: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/buying-poxnora-aug-22nd-update.30269/page-7#post-408592
    Bondman and several others have been working their asses of trying to get something rolling. Check out the discord too, lots of older people on there who may or may not still play.

7. Vasht1

Vasht1 New Member

Aw, I just found this game this week and am enjoying/playing it a lot. Sad to hear it is not doing well. I have already built basic frog, dwarf, skeleton, and spider decks and enjoying them all.

What is a harbinger? I can't find it on the rune forge.

Lushiris likes this.
  8. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Long time rune that is not available anymore. Special offer rune from way past.

9. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

You can find this rune in the checklist. It has really cool art, but in game it is not OP, so you don't lose much in terms of gameplay if you don't have it.

10. Vasht1

Vasht1 New Member

Thanks. I haven't looked at the checklist yet. I will have to give it a browse.

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Unless you’ve always wanted to play KF Archers optimally but never got the chance. :mad:

Fentum likes this.
  12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Fentum likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Actually, Sok, you can win. You just got to be able to run the game successfully. That brings a population and growth. All problems are fixt.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can you like run a business seminar please. Id like to hear more of this keen insight

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Hit me up, I’ll toss two your way

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Can you run a fanboi seminar please? Clearly you’re a pro.

17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

once every 3 months was fine with me, mid terms....were a bit money grabby to me, but I did enjoy the booster shot to the meta they brought

18. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

What makes KF Harbinger so important for a KF archer deck?

19. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's a high speed, high range archer with flying....what more do you want?

20. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

+2 damage?

RasielCZ likes this.