How's the refugee crisis?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Sep 19, 2018.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm honestly curious at this point, i've seen many places that say most of Europe is now trying to reduce or stop refugees altogether. I've heard Germany has been targeted the most by terror attacks. I've also heard that Italy, Sweden, Czech, Slovokia, Hungary, Poland, are now actively against more refugees.

So I don't live over there, so what's really going on. Are their certain areas people actually can't go anymore because it's unsafe ? Are the Muslim refugees not adapting to European society, are they embracing European culture ? These are all things i'm curious about.

Also recently watched a video posted by vox, saying Poland is alt-right, and white supremacists ? What's happening there also.

Didn't really make sense to me from how Poland has always been described, or is this because Poland did something the EU didn't like ?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I travel around Europe a fair bit and the only place I have seen a lot of obvious migrants has been in Italy, mostely around tourist spots trying to sell cheap tat.

In London it's kinda hard to tell as everyone looks different anyway, and migration into London has been normal for a long time. Where I live now in Brighton you don't see anyone you could be sure is a recent refugee. I'm sure there are a few but you wouldn't be able to know by looking at them - so nobody really thinks about it except in the abstract.

I was in Poland a few months back and you don't see many non-European people. You might occasionally see a black person in Warsaw but they seem quite wealthy and not a recent migrant. You'll see a few gypsies, but they've always been there. The only significant migrant groups come from Ukraine and other Slavic countries and are pretty much invisible unless you are a native.

3. super71

Interesting, so if it’s not that bad why all the refugee bans and why are all these European countries against taking in anymore ?

4. badgerale

Well, 'not that bad' is subjective.

For most of the population of Europe, who live in towns no migrant has any particular reason to move to, then life goes on pretty much as normal. You might see a few more brown skinned people every year, but nothing to get very upset about. In the big cities, people are pretty much acclimatised to ethnic diversity anyway so it isn't such a big deal to have a bit more.

In areas of Spain, Italy, Greece, it is very evident and very obvious, and a major issue, because there are areas who are used to being a monoculture where suddenly a whole load of very foreign people wash up.

But people are aware of the meta level changes in their nation even when the changes they personally observe are small, and many don't like that.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- What's the ETA when the majority of the world's population adopts a nice "burnt sienna" skin tone? Wake me then... :cool:

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Muslim refugee-type immigrants make “areas of control“ such as a particular project. They grow that into a block and inject businesses and start to take over small govt. They are attempting to make an exclusive community similar to a “Chinatown” but they don’t have the skillsets, work ethic, independence, sense of community and honor of the Chinese people. So all they do, for the most part, is procreate, feed off of govt services, exploit residency programs, allow and encourage organized crime and are wholesale worthless addition to both their host country and their own community.

If you want to see the impact of immigration on European countries, take a ride into these areas. Make sure your accounts are all settled and your will is updated first.

7. super71

I suppose i'm more talking about these areas, everyone knows the more expensive parts of Europe's cities won't be overtaken right away. It will take time, but eventually i'm curious to see what happens in let's say 20-30 years ? Their was a couple reports that said Europe would be predominantly Muslim in the next 2 decades or so, and that's fine in my opinion as long as the cultures are willing to adapt to their host country. In my opinion though, here in the states where we put up with less Bane Shift, they still don't adapt and are still taking over and pushing for certain laws based around their culture which is a bit concerning to me. All cultures do this now though, people have lost their pride in the country they currently reside in, and seek to be African, Muslim, Chinese, Spanish, instead of just being American. I'm of European descent but I don't walk around calling myself Irish American, or German American just seems dumb to me, i'm American and that's it.

I've heard in certain areas in Europe cops won't go at all anymore, and European cops are to busy wearing heels and painting their nails.

Perfectly sums up my interpretation of what it means to be an immigrant to America, good old Theodore.

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

8. super71

Read something recently explaining how our skin tones are just based on where our ancestor's grew up, and humans in fact can be any skin tone give enough time. It went into way more detail and was a pretty good read.

hot- Darker skin tone
    Cold- lighter skint tone

Makes perfect sense to me, I don't think most people have cared about skin color for quite a long time. However many people have a problem with cultures, Muslim's hating gays, women's rights, etc just seems like something many sane people can't seem to get behind for good reason.

9. super71

Don't you worry that enough of them start to demand small changes, and then eventually very large ones ? Also i've seen crime rates in all of Europe just about sky rocket and only recently, that to me is a pretty good indicator of who is causing the problems. Of course that could be related to boredom, and no good jobs, so you have people sitting around all day with a language barrier and nothing better to do.

I think the issue for me is from a cultural perspective, everything about their holy book freaks the hell out of me. Previous immigrants to the United States didn't hate gays, or women's rights, or chop peoples heads off or stone their women. Generally speaking everything about every holy book freaks me the hell out, in my opinion religion is for people who can't think independently.

10. badgerale

I'd be wary of basing your view on articles written by people who live far away from the things they are describing.

It's very easy to believe the worst about places that are far away from you, especially when it reinforces a view you are already comfortable with.

There is this whole fantasy of no-go zones and sharia courts and so on, which doesn't match anything I've seen (and I've lived in one of the few areas of Britain with a Muslim majority).

If you want statistics go directly to an official source, don't believe it just because an article quotes some figures - even if they are legit then they may be cherry picked to misrepresent things.

Not to say I don't have concerns about the level of migration into Europe, but for almost all of us, things aren't nearly as dramatic as some would like to pretend.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yes of course... the melanin in the skin is the majority of the effect which has different benefits/drawbacks sun exposure/absorption etc. What I mean is skin color is also affected by procreation ... so since our species cant not bang anything that breaths on a long enough time line...in spite of racism/isolationism/etc .... pretty soon it will be a intersting thing that people will have dna records or some like to "prove" their origination as if that matters...since we will all be moving to the same blended tone.

12. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

you ought to know that by studying biology in school. pretty basic stuff here in Russia at least

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Oh it is all very easy basically:

people cross the mediterranean, they end up in south Europe, these are countries that cannot handle the admin, however the roolz are they arive there so they have to file for asylum there

some travel to NW EU which is wealthier.

right wing peeps being easily frightened by the unknown dislike that.

more centrist parties in the EU propose to divide migrants over EU countries.

easters EU countries somewhat prone to nationalism say no and threathen to close stuff off, EU cuts funding.

East EU countries need EU funding.

this is basically how the EU keeps Hungary and Poland in check so they don't pull a Hitler.

does not really help that some of these far right people believe things like ''the great replacement'' and other 1930's german conspiracy theories

Baskit being an American and therefore fat and stupid also seems pretty far off with his wild stereotypes about migrants.

Alakhami likes this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

American companies and bankers because of an increase number of poor people because of wars and growing disparity between the poor and the rich?

what? this doesn't follow my answer to your first question at ALL!
    Also do you really think none of them try to learn the local lingo? this is going to be really suprising to my Sisters Syrian friends and the Iranian I used to go to school with. they'd be shocked to learn they were not speaking Dutch all this time.

uhm, you know you are from a country where like 80% of the people would not even consider voting for an atheist?

they did and their descendants do. you can't just pretend christians do not exist.
    Just electrocuted them, burned at the stake and lobotomized 'em.
    so civil.

nice backpedal.

15. super71

Yeah, I knew but it was an interesting like 35 minute video. They went into great detail about everything

16. super71

Your a frigging moron, I never backpedaled I’ve always been atheist and despise all religions as it just divides people into groups.

We’re divided on race, sex, religion, politics, use your Firking head you small minded fool for once. Why do you think we’re all divided smart guy ? The whole world is run by governments, who Firk their citizens day in and day out and live great lives off everyone else’s dime. What would happen if all those people weren’t divided on anything.

I’ve dealt with your nonsense for so long, your clueless about the world and biased as Firk, and have never ever posted a thoughtful, interesting or intelligent remark. I come up with more thoughtful conversations between me and a bird that can talk, then if ever get with you.

We get it, you hate white people, you hate men, everyone’s racist and sexist. Get over it man, thank you for never contributing anything to any conversation and immeditaley leaving everytime you were shown to be a complete and total dolt.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You're super ********.

if you thought nothing I ever posted was thoughtfull or intelligent I am happy that my efforts to adapt to your level for the purpose of communication was succesfull. I doubt you fully grasped the information though.

for example it is pretty obvious your despising religion is especially noticable if the people are brown and the religion is islam. Your backpedal in that regard was suddenly involving other religions when that became a bit too apparent.

18. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I live in Italy, Milan to be more precise.

The immigration was/is a problem, because it was handled badly. No control, no program for the refugee to help them became part of the community, no lenguage school to help them learn italian.

There are few areas now in my city where there are only immigrants, most from north africa zones.

Don't belive the lies that immigrants = crminals. Of course some of them do illegal stuff to live and eat, but they are not the majority. In italy are the italian who commit more crimes, at least for now.

Imho immigrants are an opportunity, some of them are very specialized in the sector they were working before they left, but here they beg on the street and does humble work.

I heard stories from few of them, they gave up everything for an hope of a better future, and i condemn my goverment for the policy they are adopting.

Fun fact: Salvini (Interior Minister and leader of the Lega which is the first/second party now) cry for help by Europe for the immigrants topic, so take them and equally divide them to all the EU country for example, and at the same time he is allied with the est Eu country such as Hungary who doesn't accept a single refugee. Right now we have a governemt full of hypocritical, but the people are blind and seem to not recognize that...

Alakhami and Geressen like this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I don't know if Italy ever handled refugee waves before but here in the Netherlands the systems had athophied because the last time it was such a volume of requests and cases that needed processing was during the balkan war.

20. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I think only when Albania and Romania entered the Eu, but not this great number. And here i talk about immigrations and not about refugee