Buying PoxNora...The (NOT SO) Final Post->Read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Nigromanta

Nigromanta The King of Potatoes

So all the effort from DOG was to launch it on PS4? When the true PoxNora players already playing through PC...

A: "YO I had this smart idea! Lets ruin the launcher from PC players, to try to get 1 or 2 from PS4"
    B: "Don't you think PS4 is too mainstream/industrial gaming for our beloved game??"
    A: "Nah, lets try to adapt really poorly our launcher, and see wha'happens bruh"
    ....gzzzz.....

Ok, I could not hold that sarcasm inside me guys. Im sorry.

SO POXNORA IS BASICALLY 100% DEAD RIGHT?
    Please throw me a bone here, I'm very sad...
    I stopped playing cuz the new PS4 firking launcher, waiting it to be something decent (the one we had before was), updating every month or so, with big hopes...

DEAD??

fogandsteel likes this.
  2. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

If you are awaiting an update, this will be your fate...
    [​IMG]

3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Let me reiterate...
    [​IMG]

Any questions?

4. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I just decided to check how the game was doing after that terrible console launch and damn...
    the game is... done.
    @Skeezick still there?

Man. About 1k hours in this game. Spent a lot on this. This game will always be in my memory. Only thing that comes close to this is XCOM. Very unique game here and very sad to see it's holding on with a string. Hope the devs are fine. Leaving something like this, it's probably one of their biggest accomplishments.

5. 0ryuk0

0ryuk0 I need me some PIE!

Well, I guess... farewell, Poxmates! I'll miss this game.

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I been fooling arund with the original copy of xcom on the ps1...I ended up getting it cheap at a yard sale been pretty fun so far.

8. Thbigchief

- Oh yeah it's a blast. Very unforgiving in a good way. They don't make games like that anymore...punish every mistake without quite the rage of darkest dungeon. I recommend XCOM-2 with the long war mod or War of the Chosen, even on console is great but no mods there but does have expansions always on sale.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There's a new free DLC for Xcom2 if you own WotC. I can't wait to get home and try it.

Thbigchief likes this.
  10. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

Thank you @Bondman007

Sounds like a lot of speculation based on piecing many instances and "hear say" together. I do see @Sokolov in here, so I suspect he's added much to the story. Not saying the speculation is wrong - it seems very valid.

Assuming that there is eventually somebody to chat with on the other side of this, has anyone considered just the more simple task of crowd funding the cost to keep the site and servers up? That would be a considerably easier and less expensive approach.

That would allow continued play and some time to decide the validity of the game.

To be frank though, if the code and UX is the same as it was when I last played about a year ago - then there may be nothing really worth salvaging except for the IP of this game. It's just an outdated frame and as much as we love it, unless you are up to current standards of gaming, this will not be attractive to most new users.

My 2 cents are that if any of you did have the money and opportunity to actually invest in Pox, then you buy it only for the IP and invest serious development into the project and create a brand new game. I liken it to buying a condemned building for the property value.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Bondman007 and Thbigchief like this.
  11. Thbigchief

-Wahhh ! oh snap ... I'm gonna tell my boss my pool is on fire. Nice!

Bondman007 likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its been fun boys, thanks for the memories

Bondman007 likes this.
  13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I’m still playing every day. Regularly trashed by rappa and crush brokenneck. A few others pop up from time to time such as zenadel, shrinemaster.

Still lots of fun even in current state, as long as nice chaps keep playing.

Actually, if rappa could STOP then my win ratio would improve...

m atill

14. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

seems we have a year of this game(or at least this forum) left

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

did you mean this game? because that's the one i been playing.

it's unforgiving for sure, but I enjoy it quite a bit.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's more unforgiving than the one he's probably talking about. The franchise restarted recently. If you really want a hard one, go for X-Com Terror From the Deep. It's like the one you've been playing, but even tougher.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/XCOM_Enemy_Unknown/ This is the one I think he's referring to.

17. Thbigchief

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Why would you buy this game its already dead

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It'd be more buying the artwork and intellectual property so you could make another game within the same setting, rather than continuing to attempt to revive this game.

Sokolov likes this.
  20. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

@Gainer900 ETC I am personally developing some open source libs to potentially do a TCG on top of IOTA.

I even have some idea's in decentralized rule enforcment for these kind of game and how to do decentralized leaderboard etc. However can't do it alone.
    If there is any progress on this I would love to hear about it!

Cheers