Buying PoxNora...The (NOT SO) Final Post->Read!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jul 22, 2018.

1. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I'm sorry, but that's absurd. Calling a public number or sending an email to a public account a few times to inquire about something is hardly stalking.

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

some new info from google:

1. DOG have investors, https://desertangels.org, so they cant give away p9x for free for sure

2. acc to https://www.manta.com/c/mb48njf/desert-owl-games-llc
    they had a revenue at some point of $134.000

3. there is an almost complete expansion as mentioned on forums. so with little effort this can be lainched and give so.e revenue

-> Forget about buying pox IP for less than 100k. For sure.

More conclusions I make from this thread:
    a) it is for sale at right price
    b) they will not talk to someone who puts info on forums
    c) they have not liquidated company, game is in "working" condition and peuple play it all the time. Game is not abandonned. its on pause. maybe they will find a way to save it.
    d) I still believe there is a shot to make a liscense agreement with them on a LITE version if it can be proposed as Win-Win and not as a Pox2. but for sure it requires a strong group from here first. I may not be the right person to gather such group, maybe @Bondman007 can try. I could help.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You need to look at things in context.
    1. Just because something can be found on the internet doesn't mean it is supposed to be used by anyone/everyone
    2. They seem to have made it abundantly clear that they are not going to respond
    3. Some of the stuff people have dug up here (not just recently) has been personal cell phone numbers and emails
    4. Some of the people need to have information public for their work, yes, but it is not associated with DOG
    Consider, for example, a former artist who no longer works at DOG getting messages/invites on their LinkedIn about something they have nothing to do with and no control over.

I am not saying it's LEGALLY stalking/harassment, but just consider how that person may feel after repeated such attempts from numerous different people is all I am asking.

4. polltroy

And more importantly its meaningless and maybe even contra productive! You guys got a contact with Pox. They are interested to sell. At the right terms and to the right person. But they are not interested to talk to the community about it. I think that should have been 100% clear after first good contact and then silence? For sure no point to chase them more.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Bro, listen... If you think Lindsay Craten came onto these forums and saw my thread about trying to invest in PoxNora and said, "Well, he put that on the forums, no way in hades I'm talking with him now..."
    Then you are nuts... o_O
    All of this right here ^^^

I have tried contacting these people within reason, they didn't respond, so I am not going to harass people.

6. polltroy

Yes for sure I think they READ forums. Especially you stated you are a player. They were 4 main peuple doing poxnora for like last 10+ years. There is one forum and one active thread. Its their webpage. You dont think they went in here to read? Seriously are you real?

And yes I think 100% they will not start to work on some proposal or putting together stats to some forum-player guy. And I think 100% if they see replies get posted on forum they stop talking. Its what I would have done. 100%

And think from other perspective. If they really liked this idea to put Pox on sale to community openly. Dont you think thwy could have made a post here long ago about it? Or sent out an wmail to all old players. Or even startes their own Kickstarter. U think they spent some 10 years of their lives on pox and then suddenly just "nah I dont have time to reply an email".

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. polltroy

and @Bondman007 if I understand correct from what you shared, you were the one not replying to DOG. They asked you what is your price point. You did not reply and instead started to ask questions.

8. poxrooster

Your conclusion is off. What context are you referring to? Your arguments are not contextual. They are general. The only context that has been mentioned here is reaching out to DOG to see if it would be possible to purchase or assume ownership of Poxnora.
    1. Yes, actually, when you put your personal email on a pubic profile, it's perfectly fine for them to be used.
    2. They have made nothing clear except to avoid contact. You're making assumptions, which are never clear. If they had no interest, they could just post it here and settle the issue in a few weeks.
    3. Yes, that's true.
    4. That's also true, but why does this matter?
    Repeated attempts is hardly a burden, considering the situation created by them. When DOG disbanded everything and left everyone hanging, including you and the other game operators, they created the context. Then, they went dark. So it's perfectly reasonable for people to repeated reach out since there are no direct answers to the situation. This is what a drowning community does--reach out repeatedly for help.

9. poxrooster

Polltroy, the answer to your post is no. There has not been any good contact. EVERY game they had running was abandoned. We talked to multiple operators of those games. There is a bigger situation going on. DOG has gone dark. They are having business problems. It's not a Pox problem.

10. polltroy

Its not a busineas problem its a money problem :) They fired all staff when they realized PS4 launch, spacewar launch and ploxneo launch were failures. They used obviously Pox and some investors to support other riskfull ventures. Unfortunately they all failed and now they have a company woth debts qnd little or no cash but big assetes in IP/goodwill. They will and can not give away this for free!

11. Sokolov

You have it completely backwards.

12. Sokolov

I am not saying it's unreasonable to want information. I am just asking people to keep in mind that how the receiving person may feel when they are suddenly contacted through a channel they did not realize was associated with DOG in any way. Just because you worked somewhere once doesn't mean you expect to be contacted by random, functionally anonymous people. At the same time, not everyone who worked at DOG was a decision maker.

13. polltroy

Wow if thats true then I got it all wrong. Seems you have some good secret info on whats really going on. Hope your info means there is hope for things to get sorted.

14. Sokolov

As I have already mentioned in these threads, the reality is that the other projects (as well as developing the PS4 client) is what was keeping the lights on. If it weren't for those things, we'd have reached this point much earlier.

15. Bondman007

That's what we have been trying to tell you over the last 3 pages of text walls... If I carried my sleeves on my shoulders like many people do, I would be completely offended and ultra frustrated (which I am slightly frustrated with you) and would have ignored you from the forums by now.

You come in months late to a discussion and process then tell me and everyone that we are doing it wrong. We've done the best we can do, man. @Sokolov has been a big help as has @poxrooster and we have followed up on many channels and many different avenues. DOG is done and Pox to them is a dead mule...

IF any of the DOG people have read any of this that would make it WORSE! They know we are trying to communicate with them and they are outright ignoring us...

16. polltroy

Meaning some investor put money to keep developing those other projects... but when they failed it all went dark. Better approach would have been to keep tight and develop Pox in correct direction - keep costs low and trt to expand it somehow to mobile gaming.

On anothrr note, when playing game yesterday I noted moat games are with newbies/low rank. Maybe these are new PS4 players still finding the game somehow?

17. polltroy

Im sorry if I seem rude. Yes I always play pox mainly winter time. This is time of year my busineas slow down and I have time for Pox. And yes I dont want to be rude, I just want it to be fixed somehow.. thats all. And yes I truly think DOG dont want this kinds of talks to be done openly on forums.

18. Bondman007

Apology accepted. However, one thing I would like for you to consider... You act as if Pox has thousands of players and tens of thousands that read the forums. Brother, there are "maybe" a 100 left that play and maybe 200 that view the forums. That's not overly intimidating...

19. Sokolov

They didn't "fail" in the sense that you are thinking because they are what is known as 'work for hire' projects. In other words - someone is paying them to make something. So they get paid to make something to the specifications/goals that are being asked; the contracts are more complicated than that, but functionally this is a sufficient explanation. In some cases, they can make more money if the project does well, but it depends on the terms of the contract and how revenue is shared (if at all).

Many studios work this way to build funds/keep things going on the other projects they really care about. In DOG's case, they decided to stop doing this and find other stuff to do.

20. polltroy

100 left that olay thats great for how the game state is now. Consider that there are mqny dormant players like myself (anf many others stated here too in forums) just waiting for the game to come alive again. Like it did many times before.

Imagine a fixed Client with less bugs and chat activated and then a small expansion launched shortly after. And emails sent out to 10-thousands of old players about the update. Im sure game will be alive again in no-time. Thats why there is still high value.

And second to consider, regardless if IP has real vallue or not it sure has in the books of DOG as well as in the minds of the founders. They give away pox and this vale is killed, maybe putting DOG bancrupt and possibly kicking in some personal liabilites etc on founders.