two new ideas how to save pox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Dec 12, 2018.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

1. lets show devs game is still alive. if we all try to play at least 1 game per day, soon it will be noticed. maybe someone finds some time for pox dev again if game looks alive. and same goes for forum :)

2. maybe key here is Sok. Maybe Sok can fix Pox but Sok needs to eat...Maybe we should do some findraiser to pay Sok to finish last update (=fix chat!!!) and then slowly pox can come alive again. Reading between lines I got feeling maybe Sok misjudged the importance if Chat and focused too much on big fixes and balance and new content etc.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Dude, Sok's just a balance dude, I'm 99% sure he has no access to the code, nor can he apply any updates or anything.

I love your enthusiasm, but I think it may be misplaced.

JazzMan1221, zenadel and 19madfox95 like this.
  3. polltroy

maybe... just a feeling i got from his post in the other thread

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  4. zenadel

zenadel The King of Potatoes

3. Support Capitulators work. He is our only hope like some frikin Luke Skywalker man...

5. polltroy

... so it seems I was right, SOK prob is the key to fix this, but also is the one who screwed up about what to priorize while there was still fund. Before I made this post, SOK was quite active on this forum, posting each few days. After this post, he is totally gone. I can only assume its because if he was here, he might feel obligated to reply and either deny or confirm above.

So yea, if we want to save the game, lets collect some money and give it to SOK so he can pull some strings and spend some precisios time to fix chat...

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Sok had nothing to do with the new client. His responsibility was rune balance. He was hired as an independent contractor, not a full time employee. He had no access to any of the programming of the game.

It's probably due to the holidays that he hasn't been online. I wouldn't blame him if he left entirely because he was just tired of people that don't know what their talking about spouting of bullshit about how it's his fault.

Bondman007 and SPiEkY like this.
  7. polltroy

we need chat back asap to save this game. thats it. yesterday i saw 5 games on at once, i felt quite happy.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As for it all you like, there are no developers left working on the game.

9. polltroy

right now 6 games going on in ranked! its not so bad. how we can get a dev to spend some time to fix our game again? id say rather than try to buy the game, try to find some fund to pay some developer to fix some of the issues so we have a playable version.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There is no way to get a dev to spend some time. Desert Owl Games does not respond to contact requests. No one outside Desert Owl Games has access to the code or databases. This includes Sok, as he is an independent contractor and not a Desert Owl Games employee.

11. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I love how Sok is our light in the darkness, he isnt the hero we deserve but the one we always needed. Long live the cactus

darklord48 likes this.
  12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

1. I was RVing with my family for 2 weeks.
    2. As others have said, I have no ownership or any stakeholder rights in the company, and cannot force them to do anything.
    3. I have SOME access to ability code, etc.. Even if I had the ability to modify the client, I don't have the access to do.

13. polltroy

But with right incentive, maybe you can manage to get in contact with someone with full access and convince them to give pox a one last hope by allowing us somehow to fix chat function, to see if that brings back community and by that after some time maybe some new player and some small purchases etc? As soon as everyone accepts that pox as it was before with a new expansion each 6 months etc will.not happen again, maybe we can bring back pox alive again and slowly growing.

To be honest the 3 months ive been partially back here i started to appreciate the current state of things more and more. Client is "ok". Balance is good at least outside meta (Im not in meta so dont know). Game is fun. And 95% of games seems to be played by new or recently returned players!!! And most important! Its usually possible to get a game going within minutes, so game still feels alive until u try to use chat...

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

How about just make clicking the chat tab a link to discord.

Etherielin likes this.
  15. polltroy

dont think so, many oldies like me and many new players would be too lazy. plus chat "rank" was part of incentive to play too.

Chat is needed 1. to get in-game help 2. to make game feel alive 3. social during game 4. incentive for rank etc 5. reactions on others watching 6. to make guilds etc part of game.

Only good thing with chats gone is you dont have FQ beggars any longer.

16. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

There is no friendly quit... its just like the devs...gone...

17. polltroy

yes i know there is also no Friendly quit. and at first i thought that was bad... but then i remembered how much frustration there was in ranked with some of those high rank guys begging for FQ. knowing they could get higher rank than deserved with that strategy. and then i realized this was a great thing actually. the game done need FQ, its ok just to surrender.

18. polltroy

right now 14 peuple playing at same time! and 13 of them are newbie rank, meaning there are all the time coming/returning players to this game. Come on someone must find solution to fix chat so all those new/returning players stay in game!

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Sadly game is unplayable for me since the new client. I get the screen tears and white graphic glitch boxes and animation flickering that makes it intolerable to suffer. The chat would be my biggest gripe if I could even get through a match... such a bummer because if it was just "functional" not even smooth or user friendly... merely functional I could coordinate with buds and just play pick up matches while we shot the Bane Shift. Such a bummer.

20. polltroy

try to change the resultion of the game client. I had bad experience too untill i found a resulution that worked good for me. Now game for sure is playable and im on a laptop from 2015