most op decks right now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Jan 16, 2019.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Fadewisp- pretty good with the 2 dots
    hoarfrost- Don't like large units, easy targets from just about anywhere and can be sniped easily.
    Hoarfrost lich- I run x2 as they are good stealth detectors and damage dealers
    lerper- i run x1
    emissary- no go for me
    toll-taker- pretty expensive for okay stats and easy to kill
    tomb lord- often don't want to run him into combat as he's mostly support and is a big soft target for his price
    xulos- kinda the same as tomb lord but more durable because of vitality

Problem is, 1vs1 side fonts, sure if we were in a primary font i'd be fine, but when your opponent rushes you early with an immune physical rune in a predominately heavy physical damage faction it's a problem. Learned my lesson though and threw in a reaper's blade, and some more alt damage.

Also, I don't know if you play any fw, but do you know if death harvesters ability was ever fixed ?

2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

In FW and FW splits, I am tending towards Experimental Warspirit rather than Reaper’s Blade or Soulreave.

Spot loss of life is clearly excellent in certain circumstances, but it takes up a slot with no other utility. Lately I have been going for utility with some counter benefit above direct counters.

In FW one often has plenty of meat to allow time for the Warspirit to deploy and sort things out.

As always, it depends on the balance of the BG.

super71 likes this.
  3. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Soulreave is auto in FW, unless you’re running something like chop blocks

Fentum likes this.
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I bow to your superior knowledge of FW!

Usually I am running FW splits so have additional shenanigans to kill problematic champs.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

In case anyone was curious, death harvester ability appeared to be working yesterday in single player, didn’t test in ranked yet though.

6. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

unless you know what your enemy's are picking ahead of time there usually is not enough space in most forsaken waste bgs to run stuff like soulreave.
    infact i think thats one problem with this game.
    if deck sizes were larger lots of complaints would be gone out of the window.( it would slightly nerf fw faction bonus but who cares )
    more people would have space to run counter runes so things like one trick pony bgs and bgs designed around gimmicks wouldn't work as well.(sure they'd have more things they could do but normal bgs wouldn't feel so helpless against them)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  7. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Tbh I think the playerbase is so small now that you basically CAN predict an enemy's deck ahead of time if you're active enough to play regularly against the few that are left.

8. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I rate the very top decks all on the same level, in sort of an order, I think that if two people played 100 games with any of the following top decks the better player would win the majority. Im sure there are other undiscovered combos out there waiting to rise. The power level of each deck depends on what the meta currently is. We are seeing a lot super champ decks rising up this style of deck and SL in general becomes more powerful on average when the meta is around defensive/summons/low damage type decks that we have seen alot of recently.

SP meta
    ST frost
    ST beast
    KF ranger/elfs
    KF trees wooden scales version
    ST/SP meta
    FS/SP collective
    SP/KF riftlord (could be the best but massively underplayed/tested and optimised)
    KF/UD elf

Just below the very best

SL meta
    ST Yeti
    FS meta
    UD meta
    FW meta

Everything else

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This seems to go against the idea that the game is overrun by "high damage" and "combos"/"gimmicks." Are you saying you disagree with that or just that the current meta has shifted away from those things?